+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would 51Chloro/9Dom/6Archon be best?

Champion of Telara

Default Would 51Chloro/9Dom/6Archon be best?

I have been playing with a few builds and thought having both Reflective Command from Dom, and the Archon shield (Consuming Flames) would give you a couple of decent "oh crap" buttons to add to help healing.

What do you guys think?
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Soulwalker

Depends on what you're specifically aiming for I guess, but by only going 9 dom you not only lose the Int, but also deny which is pretty awesome.

Shield of Telara

Raid? Dungeon? PvP? Help us help you. From a raid stand point, consuming flames + reflective command are far from being oh **** buttons, as consuming flames is a mediocre shield at best, and reflective command only works on some bosses/abilities.

In a word, no.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Rift Disciple

That build may be temporarily useful if your gear is not very good quality.

The shield from Archon is only useful if you cannot outheal it in a 1.5s GCD. That being said, if you have like 800 sp you probably can outheal the shield meaning it serves no use.

Personally, I prefer 51 chloro 15 dom for the arresting presence. However, warlock for more health, charge, and opportunity is an option as is elementalist for the crit and damage reduction.

It's all in play style, but my mage gets ~12k mana with raid buffs with the 15 dom build so I just stick to that, and Arresting Presence is pretty nice.

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

For straight healing it is not the best.
    However, some fights can only be done, or are a lot easier with a spell Reflect. Last boss of GP, or King Molinar good examples.
    Some fights, like Lord Greenscale get a big advantage from having shields since his breath reduces healing, but does not effect shields.

In other words it is a great spec in the right situation.

+ Reply to Thread