+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51warlock, where to put last 15 points?

Soulwalker

Default 51warlock, where to put last 15 points?

I'm goin for a 51 warlock build for PvE/raids, and lookin to spend my last 15 points for extra dps. (and yes, i know warlock is not the prefect DPS, though one can get a decent DPS with enough experience)

Now, the three options i can see are Chloro, Elemantal and Necro

With 8 points at Necro, i get 5% bonus to death damage and Necrosis. Till now, nercosis served me well and been a part of my routines. though, spending more points at that spec with give me useless skills.

8 points at elemental gives me 5% more crit, and a Lightning Strike, which deals nice damage when Empowered Darkness is on, and might improve DPS if used when Opportunity is on. (plus, you get ignite, another dot) More then 8 points, won't give me anything that will improve dps (except for Exposure, but for 7%, lossing 2 points on useless skills seems too much)

Last, is the 5 points on Chloro, with Natural Awareness - with Radiant spores and Withering Vine always on, it means that i get 25% int throughout the fight. More then that, nothing will pimp my dps, but give me extra healing ability.

So i'd like to get a an advise from someone else - what do you have to add, did i miscalculate or miss something?

51 Lock / 8 Necro / 7 Chloro if you're going to play it in raid is the popular opinion I believe.

As you've pointed out - it is well behind at least 5 other specs off the top of my head.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sitri View Post
    Last, is the 5 points on Chloro, with Natural Awareness - with Radiant spores and Withering Vine always on, it means that i get 25% int throughout the fight. More then that, nothing will pimp my dps, but give me extra healing ability.
    When your raiding chloro figure out who overwrite his spores (especially with 6% lesser healing chance) - you gonna be warned and next time kicked out of the raid. If you don't using chloro - then sure why not.

Ele/archon 7/8. PS is a solid dps buff, if a bit high maintenance. Lightning strike (2/3 even) is a dps increase vs void bolt even when cast on cooldown.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by LatsyrcMoy View Post
    Ele/archon 7/8. PS is a solid dps buff, if a bit high maintenance. Lightning strike (2/3 even) is a dps increase vs void bolt even when cast on cooldown.
    You might look at Pyromancer for those last 15 points. Fireball and an occasional opportunity Cinder Burst would be good damage. Add to that Smouldering Power and Burning Intellect. Also Ground of Power for an extra 10% damage in certain situations.

I was playing with the build and I think 11 necro, 4 ele gives you LS and Graverot. Note that graverot is yet another instant death-based DOT that can also add AE DPS.

I am pretty sure your DPS would highly depend on your ability to cast defile and end ED just early enough to keep a ED-ed defile on the target for the remainder of the ED cooldown.

so jumping in mid rotation might look like this:

ED
    VB
    DB
    VB
    Necrosis
    DT
    Graverot
    Defile
    Kill ED
    Dark fury (or if opportunity up VB, this is done to get charge quick before defile drains it all)
    VB (could replace with 2-tick DS to keep buffed Life Leech, but may be harder to manage)

So now you have a ED-buffed defile, DT, necrosis, and graverot, (unfortunatly you cancel your own buffed Life Leech by casting VBs) running on the target while you slowly gain charge for the next ED. Getting to 100 charge and having defile drop and getting the ED cooldown to end should coincide as much as possible.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

+ Reply to Thread