+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sup, 28 mage

Default Sup, 28 mage

Hey guys, I have one character that isn't yet 50, my mage, and since they're extending the half-birthday boost to the 6th, I feel I have ample time to get him to 50.

Since the exp boost seems to involve warfronts and monsters the most, I'm probably going to use some pretty focused builds. I have 4 role slots, and would like some suggestions which builds to use for the following core utilities:
    • PVE solo grinding (Currently going Necro/Lock for this)
    • PVP DPS
    • PVP/PVE healing
    • PVE Dungeon DPS

My necro/lock build

I'll go deeper into Necro from here to get the pet buffs/lich/empty the crypts before returning to Warlock and putting the rest of the points in there. This may work perfectly fine in PVP and PVE dungeons as well as for grinding so that's one piece of scrutiny I'd like help with.

aux

1. Something with a pet works best. Necrolock is probably the best of those options.
    2. SOUL PURGE
    3. Chloromancer
    4. Stormcaller

You don't have a lot of flexibility with your talent points at that level, in general you will want to max out your primary soul and then put the spare points in Warlock. Where to put the points should be pretty obvious, but at this game's levelling speed you really shouldn't spend much time on min/maxing anyway. Pick stuff that adds damage.
    I'm so BORED

So just straight chloro for the healing spec? Grab the lifebound line of talents?

Champion

for leveling necro/lock/archon. you dont need chloro in this build. you also dont need the tank pet. use the dps pets. pull out the tank pet for elites.

chloro doesnt bloom for pvp until pretty late i;m finding out first hand on a new mage alt. you're prob best using necro/lock here for a while as well.

Thx for the feedback so far. What specific branch/root talents would I need in Chloro for it to be more viable for PVP as a pure or hybrid spec?

Is there a link to the Pyro/Ele raid build?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by InferiOmega View Post
    Thx for the feedback so far. What specific branch/root talents would I need in Chloro for it to be more viable for PVP as a pure or hybrid spec?
    I've found that most talent points are pretty obvious as to what they do. I guess it boils down to how much you want to heal. Then again, if the enemy was dead( moar deeps) people wouldnt need healed as much.

+ Reply to Thread