+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Having trouble with the Werewolf boss in Darkening Deeps..and I'm a lvl 50 Mage!!!

Soulwalker

Cool Having trouble with the Werewolf boss in Darkening Deeps..and I'm a lvl 50 Mage!!!

Hi all,
    I entered DD last night for the 1st time, by myself and my tank pet (i'm a necro/lock). and when I got to the werewolf boss, I couldn't draw enough aggro to pull him out of the light, even smacking him with my staff didn't help. Is there any way I can do this solo, or do i have to be a tank to pull him out of the light? Perhaps a different build? Any suggestions would be great, cuz I want to get to Honored with Gloamwood so I can get the pet werewolf, lol. Thanks for reading this and I look forward to a solution to kill that pesky werewolf.

You can't pull him out of the light unless you play it smart. It's bugged for all tanks.

You need to engage him in melee, then pull him back. Otherwise, he'll stand in the light, get bigger, and aoe over and over.

That is not a bug, I believe.

The mechanic is, the one who has aggro on the boss needs to be in melee range, or the boss casts his aoe. Coupled with the fact you get feared as he runs into the light, this means the tank has to move fast, or smart, or have some kind of fear-removing skill.
    Else, big heals needed.

Without the necessity of being in melee range, the fight would become trivial.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    That is not a bug, I believe.

The mechanic is, the one who has aggro on the boss needs to be in melee range, or the boss casts his aoe. Coupled with the fact you get feared as he runs into the light, this means the tank has to move fast, or smart, or have some kind of fear-removing skill.
    Else, big heals needed.

Without the necessity of being in melee range, the fight would become trivial.
    I did it with an Elementalist rock pet. It took awhile but I got him without difficulty. However I never completed that DD run because the spider at the end got me. I get cocooned and it's all over.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Acappella View Post
    I did it with an Elementalist rock pet. It took awhile but I got him without difficulty. However I never completed that DD run because the spider at the end got me. I get cocooned and it's all over.
    maybe you can quick logout/in

Soulwalker

Ok ...thanks for all who replied..i will try to stay out of fear range and let my pet attck him, then i'll move in the light when he does and see what happens. Thanks again.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Magefiend View Post
    Ok ...thanks for all who replied..i will try to stay out of fear range and let my pet attck him, then i'll move in the light when he does and see what happens. Thanks again.
    you can't avoid the fear -- except with break free and certain rift rewards.

when you get un-feared, send your pet in to the light to attack. when the boss engages the pet, retreat the pet to you (in the darkness).

or you could just attack the darkness with magic missile

Soulwalker

Lol, you're right Acappela, I got past the werewolf Michael only to get cocooned by the spider. Oh well..still racked up about 3,000 Gloamwood points just by clearing out what I could. Guess I'll do that til i get honered and then screw DD, lol.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Magefiend View Post
    Lol, you're right Acappela, I got past the werewolf Michael only to get cocooned by the spider. Oh well..still racked up about 3,000 Gloamwood points just by clearing out what I could. Guess I'll do that til i get honered and then screw DD, lol.
    Break Free might work. I'm sure I didn't have it at the time and only recently found out it worked in some PvE situations. The question is: will the spider cocoon you again before you kill it?

Ascendant

Break Free might work. I'm sure I didn't have it at the time and only recently found out it worked in some PvE situations. The question is: will the spider cocoon you again before you kill it?
    I can confirm it works and also confirm it is extremely likely the spider will cacoon you again.

As I said earlier you can try the logout trick. Or just do it with another person..

Have you tried tanking the spider boss directly with a necro/lock/chloro build?

+ Reply to Thread