+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Counters to 51 Sin??? Stuns are brutal...

Rift Disciple

Default Counters to 51 Sin??? Stuns are brutal...

Ok so I dueled a p5 rogue in my guild. I am full p6 almost P7. Basically I can barely get a cast off. I roll 33 Dom 33 chloro for duels. All he did was just stun me and slice me up. I get a heal off start casting stunned again, then dead. Pretty much every move he did stunned or interrupted casting. What the heck are we supposed to do?? Or is that soul just our hard counter and there is nothing?

I mean I'm bewildered. I can out duel most of the other rogues in duels or Open pvp. Some easier than others.

Any tips would help. I can't do anything when my action bars are constantly black

Ascendant

force a slip away then detaunt him with splits up
    ???
    profit

Telaran

Use break fwee.

Rift Disciple

Ok... Don't have detaunt in this build. I also do use break free on the first stunlock. But then after 1 or 2 casts im stunned again. Not sure if its a DR problem or what. But pretty much after every cast im just stunned again with break free on a 2 min cd I am just stunned from 3/4 health to 0 not being able to cast anything.

I've dueled him 5 times now. told him to lay it on me and this happens everytime. Sometimes i can get a couple more casts or heals but never put pressure on him like other people. I just get stunned interrupted over and over. Kinda ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkman118 View Post
    Ok... Don't have detaunt in this build. I also do use break free on the first stunlock. But then after 1 or 2 casts im stunned again. Not sure if its a DR problem or what. But pretty much after every cast im just stunned again with break free on a 2 min cd I am just stunned from 3/4 health to 0 not being able to cast anything.

I've dueled him 5 times now. told him to lay it on me and this happens everytime. Sometimes i can get a couple more casts or heals but never put pressure on him like other people. I just get stunned interrupted over and over. Kinda ridiculous.
    Your build needs to be tweaked to be optimal against sins, lots of options but like the poster below mentions , detaunt would help.
    ...the internet treats censorship as damage, and routes around it...
    NerfedWar Addons and Tutorials
    * Note: tutorials are currently being ported to the new site.

Rift Disciple

Really. So i would either lose all the 31 32 pt things from chloro or the 31 32 things from Dom just to get one ability that doesnt help me win It will just extend the fight. You guys may be right but doesnt seem like it will make all that much of a difference. I mean yea i could make a build specifically for sins then be hindered against everything else.

I'm about to just think they are the hard mage counter.

If you're losing to rogues as a mage then you should probably consider rerolling a different class, Maybe something a bit easier? Like a warrior.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Snookii View Post
    If you're losing to rogues as a mage then you should probably consider rerolling a different class, Maybe something a bit easier? Like a warrior.
    Ok if you learned reading comprehension.... you would know i am owning almost every other rogue. I said that I pretty much own all the other rogues. Only this 51 sin has caused a problem yesterday. Your input was competley worthless. Thanks for nothing.

Anyone else with anything more meaningful than that guy?

Chlorolock completely owns Assassins. Respec and laugh at him while he kills himself on your Warlock Armor while you heal through his bleeds.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zariyn View Post
    Chlorolock completely owns Assassins. Respec and laugh at him while he kills himself on your Warlock Armor while you heal through his bleeds.
    There. some actual good advice. My secondary dueling and open world spec is a chloro lock. I'll try it on him next time. I just love Dom so trying to find a counter with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkman118 View Post
    Ok if you learned reading comprehension.... you would know i am owning almost every other rogue. I said that I pretty much own all the other rogues. Only this 51 sin has caused a problem yesterday. Your input was competley worthless. Thanks for nothing.

Anyone else with anything more meaningful than that guy?
    Let me rephrase what i said
    If you're losing to a 51 sin rogue you should probably reroll a easier class, probably a warrior?

Why can't you just polymorph him?
    Op@Sagespire -> Laizy@Whitefall ->
    Oooooooo@Whitefall (Rank 7, quit) & Ooooooo@Whitefall (Rank 8, quit)
    Note: CYRUS sucks!

51 sin and MM specs are the hardest rogues specs to deal with as domi/chloro. First off, I'd ditch the cookie cutter 31/31+ build. If you don't have at least 5 points in AM as a mage your build is probably not good.

Anyways, open the fight with squirrel, he'll probably break free. Use the time to get off Shackles. You'll get stunlocked, as you come out squirrel again (or Death's Edict if you can get it off for the snare/damage) when his break free runs out, cleanse anything on you, move away and heal up.

What you do from here depends heavily on when they use Cleanse Soul. If they used it to get rid of shackles, then TI him, transference him right after that wears off, Withering Vines, Incompetence, just hit him with everything you have while making sure to use Deny and your heals. Kite and jumpcast, squirrel him and move away as needed.

If he does not blow cleanse soul early, then it is very important you stack only 1 of SS, TI, or Transference at a time (the same holds true for VK's, do not blow them all at once they will just get cleansed unless you bury them). Do not just throw all 3 up and let him dispel them all. Cleanse Soul is also the time you want to use Detaunt, as there is nothing you can do to the rogue at that point.

If you survive the first 10-15s your pretty much going to win as all their CD's are down, and they won't be able to burst through your healing. Split personality is a pretty much auto win in that fight as well unless they slip away. Your build should be able to handle sins fairly handily as you have essence surge, but I'd highly suggest only going 31/31/4am if your going to stick with the even split. Choke is unnecessary when you have Arresting, and Mass Exhaustion is nice, but 3% damage is better.

Personally I use 37/19/10.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Snookii View Post
    Let me rephrase what i said
    If you're losing to a 51 sin rogue you should probably reroll a easier class, probably a warrior?
    Must be a Rogue. Amazing the trash that gets thrown around here.

Anyway great stuff on last post. I do start with poly then shackle and all that. The thing about not wasting TI or Transf is key though. Only use 1 make him cleanse that then move on and so forth. I think if i can get past that point and pop split then id be good.

I think i just need more pracitice. I've been dueling a p8 VK warrior with success, so i guess build on that and i may put some points in AM for more damage.
    Last edited by Darkman118; 08-30-2011 at 12:19 AM.

Plane Touched

if u get jumped, use break free and then poly. sin has 15% increased dps which will be wasted while he's poly.

storm shackle and move to heal. pop incompetence on him AFTER he used the 6 sec cleanse soul.

dot him up and after he uses slip away pop split personality.

how can u lose to a 51 sin as chloro dom?

as a rogue i have never won a duel against a skilled p6+ chloro/dom that uses split personality. i can only win if he doesn't use it and even then it s a 50/50 chance.
    Last edited by 1sind1; 08-30-2011 at 02:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast