+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About to hit 50: PvP spec question and soul questions

Default About to hit 50: PvP spec question and soul questions

I am on the cusp of hitting 50 and should be there by tomorrow.

Have had a blast with my mage leveling and have done extremely well on WF's.

I really leveled and did WF's with two different specs that I find very good.

First:

Necro/Chloro

Second:

Dom/Chloro

I took chloro for the heals. Both are different as most know. Dom/Chloro has a lot of support and CC stuff and Necro/chloro has I think, better damage and AoE. Still learning the builds (really just combining a few macros more than anything else), but I feel like I understand the roles and how to play them.

Now that I am about to hit 50, I would like to try out a few other builds geared towards PvP. Does anyone have suggestions?
    I have heard about a 'zoomancer' build. Is that Necro/Dom?
    How viable is Necro in PvP?
    I also watched Bleeds video on Pyro/Dom and looks interesting. However, I really like Chloro for the heals.

To be honest, I have not experimented much with Pyro, Archo (except for 0 points for searing vitality and pillaging stone), or Elementalist.

I was curious to try some new builds. Was looking for a build that I can solo with for quests as well as one for PvP rifts, warfronts etc.

Any recommendations on some builds to try out?

Much obliged.

Cheers,

TCG

Ascendant

I've found Chlorolock to be the most tolerable for low rank PvP, and it makes for a good AoE farming build out in the world.

It's not great for defending yourself against ganking, however, if you aren't grouped.

At any rate, I suggest you stick with Chloro and something else until you get a few ranks of PvP gear. Everything else just feels to me like a being a bug on a windshield.
    Last edited by Kymeric; 08-29-2011 at 10:49 AM.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    I've found Chlorolock to be the most tolerable for low rank PvP, and it makes for a good AoE farming build out in the world.

It's not great for defending yourself against ganking, however, if you aren't grouped.

At any rate, I suggest you stick with Chloro and something else until you get a few ranks of PvP gear. Everything else just feels to me like a being a bug on a windshield.
    Sounds like a plan.

Eventually, I would like to try something more with the Necro and Pyro tree, but your right, I need better gear. Just to mix it up a bit.

I am going to be mostly a support role while I can my prestige ranks. Makes no sense trying to fight anyone above P5 while I am a fresh P1.

+ Reply to Thread