+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: has anyone tried full chloro?

Telaran

Default has anyone tried full chloro?

Just wondering if anyone has tried full chloro in pvp?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by tanglefast View Post
    I do not like it. If you synth someone people notice really quickly. You party heals aren't as good as a chlorolock.
    Last edited by Chronicar; 08-29-2011 at 05:34 AM.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Shield of Telara

Ehh, I use 51 Chloro, 15 Lock in PvP. . . Simply because I PvE and hate respeccing, and all my roles are used.

Lets just say I am usually top heals, and in Port Scion I am in the 300-600k range healing for a decent match.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    I do not like it. If you synth someone people notice really quickly. You party heals aren't as good as a chlorolock.
    how are your party heals not as good though? isn't every point over 31 an extra 1.5 percent (30 percent stronger heals)? plus you get 5/5 for crits heals percents and the 5/5 for 15% stronger direct heals. the 51 point healing ability sounds really strong too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooshonmyshoos View Post
    Ehh, I use 51 Chloro, 15 Lock in PvP. . . Simply because I PvE and hate respeccing, and all my roles are used.

Lets just say I am usually top heals, and in Port Scion I am in the 300-600k range healing for a decent match.
    what would you think of 15 AM? for the 15% bonus and 30% overload?

I really enjoy 51Chloro/15Warlock for healing in WFs. Blight and Natural Splendor are excellent for helping to pop that pesky healer while keeping a lot of folks up during heavy surges on nodes and whatnot.

However, Chlorolock does have a lot more utility and a bit more damage output. I like to run that if there are plenty of Cleric healers in the WF and I just want to slack off a bit. So, it boils down to personal preference and play style.

I do have to warn you though, popping Blight on the other teams #1 healer and then launching into Natural Splendor pretty much jumps you up to the #1 focus fire and burn target so be ready to start kiting like a champ after you're done channeling. lol

Yes. 51 chloro, 10 warlock, 5 arch mage (15% player damage increase)

Pretty much just spam void life. Target a pet and spam it if you want massive pve heals or just tab around until you find a low valor target where you get big heals coming off him/her and just stand there spamming it.

Alternatively, I use an all-purpose macro that does it all (for pvp only) if I want more single-target:

suppressmacrofailures
    cast radiant spores
    cast ruin
    cast blight
    cast living shell
    cast flourish
    cast nature's fury
    cast nature's touch
    cast void life

Lots of fun stuff you can do with blight by itself, so you may want to take it out of the macro. I just found I forgot to use it unless I put it in the macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrun View Post
    Yes. 51 chloro, 10 warlock, 5 arch mage (15% player damage increase)
    I have a role that uses this, and a Chloro/Lock role.

I use them both, and switch depending on the WF/situation.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Plane Touched

I have a 51 Chloro spec I used for PVE that will get used every once in a while in pvp, I really prefer my 32/32/2 Chlorolock/AM for pvp healing though. Much more survivability and dps. If I can hang back the 51 can do a lot of healing, he's just not nearly as survivable.

aux

I don't have enough roles to use anything but my PvE build so yeah! It may not be optimal but until we get that feature to save & load roles easily this will have to do.
    I'm so BORED

I have used 51Chloro/15AM for awhile. Before this I used 10Ele/5AM because 10% damage resistance, I thought, helped me out some. Although I'd probably say lock is worth more of your time :P
    Regardless I commonly top the charts in healing, the real issue is if you think you aren't obvious as hell that you are a chloro with all the green bolts...a giant laser constantly coming from you can get you noticed, marked, and killed in an instant :x But its not usually I problem.

The reason why I like VL for pvp healing is that it does okay "direct' healing but also the increased proc-rate. Every second you heal and thus with shield procs can increase raid survability by procing trinkets/greaters. Currently my pvp focus is tideshard, deep one, and eth trinket. If I had alsbeths shield-proc that would certainly combo it off quite nicely (but it just never drops for us ) Regardless, I find it works out nicely...in that when I go 51 chloro people tend to die less. However the issue is you are now pure "support" and really suffer when trying to actually kill someone. So always useful to have chlorolock on standby if you need to add in more DPS.
    Last edited by wallweasels; 08-29-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by tanglefast View Post
    It's only a little viable in Scion and Escalation weekends. It lacks the survival tools for smaller scale, closer quarters PVP.

It's a good spec though. Blight is the anti-cleric.

Champion

Like others I've used all my specs so PvP heal with my PvE spec, 51 Chloro/15 Archon. I didn't have high hopes when I first went in with it, but have found it performs quite well. The shield is a nice addition, as is the ability to throw incoming damage debuffs for both physical and magic damage onto someone. Those two, Blight + Splendor help take down focus targets. Additionally, NH is a nice addition to the healing toolkit and actually helps save people that would normally die if I was in a Chlorolock spec.
    Last edited by RagnorIronclad; 08-29-2011 at 07:47 PM.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post
    Regardless I commonly top the charts in healing, the real issue is if you think you aren't obvious as hell that you are a chloro with all the green bolts...a giant laser constantly coming from you can get you noticed, marked, and killed in an instant :x But its not usually I problem.
    You know, the funny thing is that as a Chloromancer I often get attacked as one of the last in my group even if I'm amazingly obvious with Void Life beams and stuff, but when I play Stormcaller or whatever I'm usually first.
    Not sure why. I think most people are tabbing through enemies and picking the squishy low HP targets first.
    I'm so BORED

Shield of Telara

51/15 is by far the best straight healing spec we have for PvP. Sorry Chloro/locks, I used to be one of you until I got some valor, and haven't looked back(check out healing taken/healing done on a chloro/lock next match, they are remarkably close) Once you get comfortable with veil swapping, the spec really opens up. Vile spores does better on the dummy(and in raids), but with all the movement and LoS breaking going on in PvP, a ticking channel is just a better choice. Less surviability, less damage, but if healing is in your blood, this is the build. +15% player damage pretty much negates that bonus from lock, plus the 30% crit damage results in crits healing for huge amounts. Don't be afraid to cast natural healing on yourself when a warrior/rogue is on you, double tap is awesome.

51 chloro was good before they castrated void life

it's impractical now unless you're pocket healing on a specific person
    This is why we can't have nice things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast