+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bleeds (Pyro/Dom) - Briarcliff US - PVP Video #4

  1. #1
    Ascendant Bleeds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,475

    Default Bleeds (Pyro/Dom) - Briarcliff US - PVP Video #4

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4RUUlZmtnQ

    It's about that time again, needed to purge all my Fraps clips as I just hit P8 this weekend, and I wanna have my next vid be 100% clips in full P8 gear. This sucker's like twice as long as any of my previous (and some change), so I apologize if it gets a 'lil old. Believe it or not I had 40 minutes of EDITED footage ready to use... so yah, it was getting a little overwhelming to sort through.

    As my last vid was all clips taken from an Escalation weekend (big group pvp fights at mid mainly) I wanted to change it up a bit and use mainly smaller fights for this one... so to that end there's a good amount of Codex... which also happens to be my favorite WF, coincidentally.

    Feedback, criticism, comments, and (hopefully) some compliments are welcome. Just keep in mind my main priorities with these are to showcase my spec (31 pyro 31 Dom) in PVP, provide a resource for other mages to maybe learn a thing or two, and really just pay homage to the game I've spent way too much time playing this weekend. Proving that I'm way awesome at internet games, or better than everyone (anyone)else isn't really what it's about. IE: I'm not scrutinizing every clip to make sure every Guardian in it is in Rank 6, or not bad, or whatever, but I'd say it is a fair sample of what you probably encounter in Rift PVP on a daily basis (good bad and ugly).

    Sorry for the wall of text, Enjoy!

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    zomg don't keyboard turn.
    Last edited by Ashenne; 08-29-2011 at 06:00 AM.

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara Division's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Didn't you hear, you are handicapping your team playing a Pyro:P

    Nice Vid

    -Glassjaw/Missmosh

  4. #4
    Telaran Vvix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Another nice vid even tho I hated the music :P

    You show me where I need to get better at pyro/domi and for that I am very grateful
    Your (not so)friendly neighborhood Mage

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Looks pretty fun to play. Damage is pretty bad though. I crit 0 electrified cloud bursts for as much as your fireballs.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    308

    Default

    any spec will do well with a p8 vs p4 or less. lets see the real test of p8 vs p8 fights!

  7. #7
    Ascendant Bleeds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oothoo View Post
    any spec will do well with a p8 vs p4 or less. lets see the real test of p8 vs p8 fights!
    There's definitely P8's in there... And I only hit P8 this weekend, lots of those clips are me as P6...
    Last edited by Bleeds; 08-29-2011 at 10:52 AM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Bleeds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashenne View Post
    zomg don't keyboard turn.
    I appreciate the concern...

  9. #9
    Ascendant Bleeds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    Looks pretty fun to play. Damage is pretty bad though. I crit 0 electrified cloud bursts for as much as your fireballs.
    I have a hunch you might be fibbing a lil :P

    Maybe not, prove me wrong with some SS's or whatever, not flaming I just really have never played SC much so I don't know what kinda damage it puts out relative to pyro. I'm at about 1850 spellpower now and Fireballs crit for around 1500-2K.

    Also, fireball is a small % of what makes this build successful in PVP. You also should take into account that SC, to my knowledge, can't front load damage the way I can. While I'm blasting away with fireballs, I also often have Traterous ticking 5X500 dmg, storm shackle hitting them for 600-1300X3, and Split Personalities hitting for 500-1K each (x3). That's all hitting them while my dinky fireballs are critting for only 1-2K. And that's why I think pyro/dom burst > potentially any other mage burst.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds View Post
    I have a hunch you might be fibbing a lil :P

    Maybe not, prove me wrong with some SS's or whatever, not flaming I just really have never played SC much so I don't know what kinda damage it puts out relative to pyro. I'm at about 1850 spellpower now and Fireballs crit for around 1500-2K.

    Also, fireball is a small % of what makes this build successful in PVP. You also should take into account that SC, to my knowledge, can't front load damage the way I can. While I'm blasting away with fireballs, I also often have Traterous ticking 5X500 dmg, storm shackle hitting them for 600-1300X3, and Split Personalities hitting for 500-1K each (x3). That's all hitting them while my dinky fireballs are critting for only 1-2K. And that's why I think pyro/dom burst > potentially any other mage burst.
    The damage you were doing in that video sub r8 yeah, cloudburst 0 elect does do similar crit damage due to overload and your lack of it in that build. A lot of the damage you're listing is on 400-700 valor though, and most of those players can't live through a raging storm -> ice shear.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple HorseMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Hi Bleeds,

    Can you be of some assistance in telling me a couple things?

    1. What macros are you using to help you out? The only ones I could tell that you are using are Deny Reflective Command, and Reflective Presence, and whatever trinket that is. Can you share?

    2. What trinket is it that you are using?

  12. #12
    Ascendant Bleeds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    Heya bud, answered your PM, should be in there. But for anyone else wondering the same.... using Codex trinket. Only macros I use are for the various defensives, deny, reflects, etc, to target myself, cast, then target lasttarget. I have a macro that links heat wave+codex trinket too. And lastly now that I'm R8 I'm using a macro to swap in my pylon, use the knockback, and swap back out. It feels identical to having the staff equipped honestly...

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    "Unfortunately, this SME-music-content is not available in Germany ..."

    WTH.



    Dear Uncle Sam,

    please gather your forces and liberate my country! First the Nazis and now the lawyers! Get me the hell outta here!

    Yours sincerely,

    a foolish person still believing in the "world" wide web!

  14. #14
    Ascendant Bleeds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    "Unfortunately, this SME-music-content is not available in Germany ..."

    WTH.



    Dear Uncle Sam,

    please gather your forces and liberate my country! First the Nazis and now the lawyers! Get me the hell outta here!

    Yours sincerely,

    a foolish person still believing in the "world" wide web!
    LOL I saw that when I uploaded it... and was like... oh no biggy probably no one in Germany that would wanna watch this. I can always upload a version sans music and link it to you? Interested in your take on the clips :P
    Last edited by Bleeds; 08-30-2011 at 10:18 AM.

  15. #15
    Champion Deathwhisperzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    597

    Default

    You could try using a proxy so that your IP is located outside of Germany. Don't know if it'll work with you tube though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts