+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something new, something crazy O.o

Default Something new, something crazy O.o

hello,

was wondering if there are some other good leveling builds besides necrolock chlorolock elementalist etc.
    I dont like pets and getting a bit bored with necro and lock. Would dominator chloro be good? I dont care if its less effective, just wanna end the boredom. please post some crazy builds that work!

thanks

Telaran

I leveled from 1 to 31 as dom. It SUCKS. It's horrible. At 30 you need all your toolbox to make all the pulls single, etc. While questing I used to buy 40-80 drinks cause you need to rest up after every fight. That was right after release tho, so things might have changed since then.

What I did try was full stormcaller. Was pretty good, having fun with the root that damages (forgot the spell name), knockbacks, etc. Still use a lot of drinks, but you also destroy mobs with ease.

I understand you too good.

I get bored very fast, too. Always running around with the same spec never really was an option for me. Still isn't as p8 mage. ^^

The best advice I can give you is buy one or two additional roles asap and, well, get creative ;)

While running around the world in various pvp specs I encountered one thing I could imagine to be good for leveling. It was heavy pyro with enough in WL for opportunity and reconstruct. Of course the dmg output of a p8 mage and a leveling green-hero is not exactly the same thing. But you can try. Shooting stuff with pyro spells and regaining lost health by using reconstruct (also health you lost due to sacrificing it for mana).

Not sure about the Dom idea though, it's very beneficial if you're hunting big bad elites but I doubt it's the best leveling option for standard questing/grinding.

€: Oh yeah, SC is a good option if you feel like mass murdering. Might try the same idea (reconstruct) with it, but I think it won't be enough in that case. Bluedot recommends a SC/Chloro thing. Never worked for me but he likes it. Check for yourself maybe.
    Last edited by Elerina; 08-29-2011 at 02:24 AM.

best build for lvling is.
    warlock,necro,archon
    make sure you go heavy into Warlock, and only go 16 points max into Necro the 3 perks you want to focus on in the Necro soul are, Death's Ally , Flesh Rot ,Soul Purge. it's the best build with the most survivability, and good dps.

thanks so far, waiting to hear from more people!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobselvith View Post
    best build for lvling is.
    warlock,necro,archon
    make sure you go heavy into Warlock, and only go 16 points max into Necro the 3 perks you want to focus on in the Necro soul are, Death's Ally , Flesh Rot ,Soul Purge. it's the best build with the most survivability, and good dps.
    thanks for taking time but please read my post necro lock got me bored

Rift Master

I levelled as mainly Pyro with Warlock, it's pretty painful from when you get to Iron Pine Peak. Kills single mobs fast, but pull too many and it's death.

Maybe Chloromancer/Stormcaller?

I believe that easing the leveling for mages pretty much requires more than one of either CC, AoE, pet, or self heal. Look at:

16 Dominator (for Quicken Form)
    11 Chloro (for Empowered Veil,Healing Slipstream and Bloom)

Use Transmogrify on one mob, then kill the second/third, etc. Use Radiant Spores/Withering Vine for some self heal, with Bloom and potion as your bail out. Storm Shackle is your only AoE though. At times, for a spike I'll use Shackle, then Thunder Blast to knock a melee back -- and when he moves back into range he takes Shackle's damage.

Killing mobs with this spec will be painfully slow. The good news is that you can get have these talents by level 21, then start focusing on a third soul of choice for some real damage -- or boost Chloro for more Life spells, which will heal you. Honestly, once you get to about 30 in chloro you're pretty hard to kill, but will take a long time to kill mobs.
    And thus I clothe my naked villainy
    With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
    And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.-- William Shakespeare

+ Reply to Thread