+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 51 Chloro Spec, the last 15 points.

Default 51 Chloro Spec, the last 15 points.

So what's the best way to spend those points. I got a friend who started Rift last Sunday, hit 50 Thursday and basically told him to go by bluedots guides. He didn't know which spec to pick so I told him dom sub spec sounded better because of the reflect which is useful in raids and the other specs for a slight DPs boost didn't seem worth it. Anyways was that a good idea or what do people usually run?

shp
    Champion

10 in warlock and 5 in elementalist.

Rift Disciple

others will say 10 points in Dominator and 5 points in elementalist

Soulwalker

15 in warlock, 0 in archon.
    I never understood people putting 5 in elem. You gain 5% crit but you lose 500hp and 40intel from archon, and 10% hp from warlock. And pillaging stone is what you use to dps when you don't need to heal.

Rift Disciple DemonicalConvicted's Avatar

51 chloro 15 Dominator 0 Archon

10% int is better then 25% charge gain, Oppurtunity and alittle more health, also you get arresting presence wich is quite usefull in may raid encounters

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bisouslove View Post
    15 in warlock, 0 in archon.
    I never understood people putting 5 in elem. You gain 5% crit but you lose 500hp and 40intel from archon, and 10% hp from warlock. And pillaging stone is what you use to dps when you don't need to heal.
    Don't quote me on this, but since you have the 21% endurance thing in chloromancer, you generally wont need the extra hp from warlock and searing vitality, and the 5% crit outweighs the pillaging stone bonus.

That's why the general consensus is that 10 warlock and 5 elementalist is best. I don't know the exact figures, but I always thought this was the reason.

15 dominator is also good for utility. Arresting Presence is a godsend on Herald.
    Last edited by Void Seraphi; 08-28-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

as 51 chloro youll mainly be using Voidlife, oppurtunity only gains you occasional proc you can use to cast NT, the 25% charge and extra HP just realy isnt worth it compared to 10% more int on your Voidlife wich is quite alot since you gain 10% int then Natural awareness for 25% more

Rift Chaser

It only takes 10 points to get the full 10% int bonus, so why not grab the charge boost from warlock? Increasing the uptime of entropic veil would be better than gaining arresting presence except on the certain few fights it is useful on, no?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Void Seraphi View Post
    It only takes 10 points to get the full 10% int bonus, so why not grab the charge boost from warlock? Increasing the uptime of entropic veil would be better than gaining arresting presence except on the certain few fights it is useful on, no?
    Entropic has ridiculous uptime either way and if it ever becomes a problem you can just start + stopcast a stream of reclaimation for a massive boost + moderate instant heal. I agree with 15 dom/0 archon, thats what I run for PvE. PvP its 10 lock 5 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    Entropic has ridiculous uptime either way and if it ever becomes a problem you can just start + stopcast a stream of reclaimation for a massive boost + moderate instant heal. I agree with 15 dom/0 archon, thats what I run for PvE. PvP its 10 lock 5 AM.
    It's like you're inside my head.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    Edit: I forgot what I was arguing about halfway through writing up a huge post and did a bunch of useless calculations about something completely irrelevant. Silly me.

But still, without bothering to do any math at all, I would still say the 25% charge generation (To make entropic uptime even more ridiculous) beats the 40 SC and SP you get from pillaging stone, as well as arresting presence, which is useless for 90% of fights.
    Last edited by Void Seraphi; 08-28-2011 at 08:24 PM.

25% charge is useless if you need charge use stream its crazy, and if you were gonna skip the Archon id rather get 5 elementalist for the 5% crit then 25% charge, 51 chloro doesnt do much DPS... using entropic is only when you need that increase in the healing, Also Arresting presence has much more then 10% use in current content, for example in hk i count 4 of the first bosses where that ability is REALY handy, and on some of the trash just golden, id rather recomend you get 11 Dominator and 4 lock if you cant live without the charge gain increase

I don't know why anyone in their right mind would go 15 Dominator, it gives absolutely nothing over 11 Dominator. You are much better rolling with 4 Elementalist and, as was already mentioned, stopcasting Stream of Reclamation for Charge.
    Nope.

I'd say 10 lock/5 ele for the most healing output, 11 dom/4 ele (or lock) for fights where you want a reflect/aoe silence, putting all 15 in lock will net you some stupidly high hp, but I can't think of a fight that needs you to have that much.
    Last edited by Guaritor; 08-28-2011 at 10:31 PM.

Opportunity was a help before we had the current versions Void Life. Now that VL is an instant cast heal with no CD Cholormancers no longer needs Opportunity to increase speed on heals. Now that we have this capability Opportunity is not worth the 5 points.

The extra charge from Warlock is nice but not overly important, just like the Archon buffs, nice but not essential. If you are low geared then you might want Warlock/Archon for the slight increase in DPS, if you have sufficient SP for your task then I would not brother.

I use my 51 Chloromancer when I need to heal T2s, I run with 15 in dominator and 0 point Archmage. I put the points in Acuem, Improved Charge Shield and Improved Mana Wrench. I don't use Arresting Presence because all boss mobs are immune to silence and most tanks can easily deal with trash mob casters.

My tank loves the Transmogrify that Dom gives and has me use it frequently throughout the dungeon to remove some of the hard hitting mobs in big pulls out of the first pull. This makes many big pulls much easier.

I put Archmage as my 0 because this gives me Break free, an instant cast that removes all CC and works on most boss CC. There is very little that Break free can free you from, and as a healer this, imo, is way more useful to have then the stat buffs that Archon gives you or the extra crit from elementalist.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 08-30-2011 at 07:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast