+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 33/33 Dom chloro vs 51 Dom whatever else?

Rift Disciple

Default 33/33 Dom chloro vs 51 Dom whatever else?

So for WFs and duels I'm having great success as a 33/33 Dom chloro 0 archmage. I am full p6 with synergy 1450 spellpower with stone and 900 crit. It works well in WFs and in heads up duels in open world. I can 1v2 with success and make a 3v1 drag out usually killng 1 or 2 before I drop.

Now today I got taken down twice by a Guard mage running 51 Dom with archon and I'm sure archmage. I beat him then he beat me twice. Then we started chatting about Dom. Dueled again and I beat him but mainly because of Split personality.

I am very intrigued by 51 Dom more after this. What subspecs are best? I didn't ask his exact spec but I know he had archon with searing and PS.

Its called chlorodom, and its already a very popular, talked about, and used spec.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Quote Originally Posted by Darkman118 View Post
    So for WFs and duels I'm having great success as a 33/33 Dom chloro 0 archmage. I am full p6 with synergy 1450 spellpower with stone and 900 crit. It works well in WFs and in heads up duels in open world. I can 1v2 with success and make a 3v1 drag out usually killng 1 or 2 before I drop.

Now today I got taken down twice by a Guard mage running 51 Dom with archon and I'm sure archmage. I beat him then he beat me twice. Then we started chatting about Dom. Dueled again and I beat him but mainly because of Split personality.

I am very intrigued by 51 Dom more after this. What subspecs are best? I didn't ask his exact spec but I know he had archon with searing and PS.
    51 dom/15 archmage/0 archon

Good for mass pvp, not sure why he used it in a 1v1
    Last edited by Sao like Mayo; 08-28-2011 at 01:36 PM.

It's 51 Dom and 15 AM full offense, so up to Overload. 0 Archon for PS as your main nuke.

It's superior in group play but really shouldn't kill you as Dom/Chloro since the 51 build has no way to heal. He probably got the better of you in terms of Reflective Presence.

Rift Disciple

Yep. 1 time he popped split and I put off heals and he got me there. I blew that one. The first time I screwed up and helped kill myself when he popped reflect. But definetly when I slowed down cleansed didn't cast when he popped reflect I owned him good.

So it sounds like that's a more offensive spec than chloro Dom. He said he's had good success with it. I was just curious about it's advantages vs disadvantages in different situations.

Telaran

I don't think it should be able to beat a chlorodom, but as people have stated, in wfs its very powerful with all it's reflect, mana drain and 51 point ability. you can effectively neutralize the enemy which really helps your team if they're already okay on heals.

Rift Disciple

Yea I had run into him quite a few times lately and I upset him enough to call me out for 1v1. Then we settled in and started dueling. Really the only way he could kill me was if I didn't pay attention to the reflects, TI and shackle.

I think for open world and duels I'm gonna stick with chloro Dom. Warlock Dom is good too but I just don't see the survivability from chloro for when Im getting jumped and such. But whenever there may be premade battles I can see 51 Dom being very beneficial.

Maybe I'll try pyro or sc Dom and play around with those.

Rift Master

As others have said, it's a group/warfront spec. Mass Betrayal and the boosted Reflective Presence shine in group vs group battles, and your health bar is covered by other players instead of your Chloro skills.

It's good to have both specs if you have the room.
    Last edited by Mezkh; 08-28-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkman118 View Post

51 is a good build, but by design with two equally skilled players, Chlorodom will beat 51-dom every time in the fact that you can heal and he cant.

Depending on your build, and besides bloom, fluorish, wild growth and essence surge direct heals, insta cast "heal" from ruin, and the fact you can proc a very quick nature's fury if you cast after a cc, which can bounce off his split personality and heal you 4 times.

He can just PS you to death, however you can natural conversion them to turn 1 into a heal every 30 seconds also while you just inch him to death with chloro stuff as long as you don't cast into reflect

Other than that all things between both classes are equal minus the fact he will have degeneration/rune shield for you to battle with. But you have ways around that if you are clever.
    Menaace - P50 Mage, Annihilator, Executioner, <MMAC> Guild Leader
    Talent has no gearscore
    MMAC vs Vinco 20v20
    Menaace 1.7, 5-Spec, PvP VIDEO
    MMAC vs TFS 10v10's Episode 1 (with commentary)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sao like Mayo View Post
    51 dom/15 archmage/0 archon

Good for mass pvp, not sure why he used it in a 1v1
    Couldn't agree more, this is my favorite Port Scion build, read mega damage. Not a great 1v1 build at all... I much prefer the lock/chloro for 1 v 1 or something like that.

+ Reply to Thread