+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New level 50

Soulwalker

Default New level 50

I finally reached level 50 with my mage, and now I'm wondering if I should switch it up a bit with a new role for endgame content.

I've been doing Necrolock for a while now, with 31 in Necro, 25 in Warlock and 10 in Chloro. I'm thinking about redoing the points and focusing more on Necro or Warlock -- but which one?

OR should I try a new build entirely?

Ascendant

PvP or PvE?

I leveled as Necro/Lock. As a fresh 50 in PvP, I couldn't get enough charge built to use Soul Purge before getting sent back to the rez pad.

I've found Chloro/Lock to be the most enjoyable build for low rank. You can do a bit of healing, a bit of damage, a bit of CC, get a nice heal debuff, and some emergency heals to bring you back up if you get caught in the cross fire, or give you a couple seconds of running around like a headless chicken if you get focused.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    PvP or PvE?

I leveled as Necro/Lock. As a fresh 50 in PvP, I couldn't get enough charge built to use Soul Purge before getting sent back to the rez pad.

I've found Chloro/Lock to be the most enjoyable build for low rank. You can do a bit of healing, a bit of damage, a bit of CC, get a nice heal debuff, and some emergency heals to bring you back up if you get caught in the cross fire, or give you a couple seconds of running around like a headless chicken if you get focused.
    Mostly PvE. Maybe eventually I'll get more into PvP, but I'm usually terrible at it. I found this guide and might try it out: http://riftmage.blogspot.com/2011/04...age-guide.html

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tarhisie View Post
    Mostly PvE. Maybe eventually I'll get more into PvP, but I'm usually terrible at it. I found this guide and might try it out: http://riftmage.blogspot.com/2011/04...age-guide.html
    Thats his old site, new one is http://bluedots.org/ and there you will get great info on dps/pvp specs and the chlorolock support/raid heals spec.

If you intend to heal PvE I recommend you go 51 chloro. Most put the last 15 into warlock to increase charge gain, health and opportunity procs. Personally I am not a fan of this and went with 6 into elementalist for the crits, self shield and out-of-combat mana regen and 9 into archon for 2% mana regen on crits and tank sheild(not big but still something).
    Last edited by kaco; 08-28-2011 at 12:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread