+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [PvP] 44 Warlock // 18 Chloro // 4 Archmage [10541 HP Self-Buffed]

Default [PvP] 44 Warlock // 18 Chloro // 4 Archmage [10541 HP Self-Buffed]

This is a continuation of:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...d-p6-mage.html

Now updated with P8 gear.

A few cheeky screenshots so you can see the kinda of health/stats you can pull:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...oroLockPvP.png

HP goes as high as 16467 at the bottom of the page (eat your heart out PvE tanks) - and this is without being fully buffed!

Here is a zam link to the build I use for this spec:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...zh.jx0Akqqek.L

I am still missing a couple of bits and pieces (for example I should have 1075 valor, not 992 - missing 1 lesser and I'm also using pieces for PvE since PvE enchants).

Enjoy!
    Last edited by ArchivistCarrion; 08-28-2011 at 03:13 AM.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Thats cool, but not easy to kill things with that spec, VS say Lock/Necro/archmage build.

No corrosion, no wild growth, no essence surge and also no Natures Fury. But Defile and massfear... Not that good specc :S
    BlackOut - Shard: Brutwacht 10/10 HK

Quote Originally Posted by Lobselvith View Post
    Thats cool, but not easy to kill things with that spec, VS say Lock/Necro/archmage build.
    Hey Lobs I think I remember you from Carrion (maybe it was a different person!)

Anyway - if I'm going around just to kill things I use 51 Warlock / 15 AM / 5 Archon.

I made a thread with what kind of numbers I pull with it here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...1-warlock.html

Quote Originally Posted by Citnes View Post
    No corrosion, no wild growth, no essence surge and also no Natures Fury. But Defile and massfear... Not that good specc :S
    For a proper comparison it would've been nice for you to include a link of what you use instead however I'll assume you play something standard like this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?rift...0Ro.xx0mzVqh.x

I'm guessing you play the healing version of the Chlorolock spec and not the offensive type Warchlor I use. It is a fine alternative but there are two very different playstyles that go into them.

As far as AoE goes - Nature's Fury is worthless in comparison to Devouring Shadows unless you are proccing it off opportunity and there are less than 3 targets. If you disagree then I would argue you are probably not stop casting properly.

You are also losing out on:
    +71% DoT damage on death spells
    A 2.5 second stun/nuke
    Neddra's Essence
    +1% Damage in Imp Warlock Armor over Archmage
    Neddra's Grasp/Dark Touch/Radiate Death combination

As you can see the difference between the specs is in the fact that you most likely spam life spells while I'm still using warlock as a primary offensive.

Essence Surge is probably the thing that I lose the most, but then again AoE Fear + Defile + Choke more then make up for that!

If you would like to link your direct spec I can point out exactly the differences but it's almost like comparing apples and oranges. I'm playing offensive/tank with warlock, you're playing a lot bigger hybrid healing.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by ArchivistCarrion View Post
    Hey Lobs I think I remember you from Carrion (maybe it was a different person!)

Anyway - if I'm going around just to kill things I use 51 Warlock / 15 AM / 5 Archon.

I made a thread with what kind of numbers I pull with it here:

For a proper comparison it would've been nice for you to include a link of what you use instead however I'll assume you play something standard like this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?rift...0Ro.xx0mzVqh.x

I'm guessing you play the healing version of the Chlorolock spec and not the offensive type Warchlor I use. It is a fine alternative but there are two very different playstyles that go into them.

As far as AoE goes - Nature's Fury is worthless in comparison to Devouring Shadows unless you are proccing it off opportunity and there are less than 3 targets. If you disagree then I would argue you are probably not stop casting properly.

You are also losing out on:
    +71% DoT damage on death spells
    A 2.5 second stun/nuke
    Neddra's Essence
    +1% Damage in Imp Warlock Armor over Archmage
    Neddra's Grasp/Dark Touch/Radiate Death combination

As you can see the difference between the specs is in the fact that you most likely spam life spells while I'm still using warlock as a primary offensive.

Essence Surge is probably the thing that I lose the most, but then again AoE Fear + Defile + Choke more then make up for that!

If you would like to link your direct spec I can point out exactly the differences but it's almost like comparing apples and oranges. I'm playing offensive/tank with warlock, you're playing a lot bigger hybrid healing.
    Yes, I'm using the specc u posted, but i think, im the most aggressive Mage with this specc??? I mean, i initiate easily, wont die, using Corrosion, Wild Growth and Devouring Shadow. Im not losing ANY dps. My opp procc with Natures Fury is the best thing u can do. It hits like a truck and also heals the group. Spamming Devouring Shadow is the WIN. I'm also able to heal the Group with Corrosion + Wild Growth, and not needing any Neddras Essence while i rush in. To me it seems, your specc is much more passive than the (in your words "standard") specc. also possible leading DMG done, DMG taken and Healing Done scorebord with this specc.
    The fact with the DoT's yeah. But the dots are not rly needed for spamming Devouring shadows playstyle. And how often u see IMMUNE on your screen, using Dark Fury? ...
    Last edited by Citnes; 08-28-2011 at 03:48 AM.
    BlackOut - Shard: Brutwacht 10/10 HK

Quote Originally Posted by Citnes View Post
    Yes, I'm using the specc u posted, but i think, im the most aggressive Mage with this specc??? I mean, i initiate easily, wont die, using Corrosion, Wild Growth and Devouring Shadow. Im not losing ANY dps. My opp procc with Natures Fury is the best thing u can do. It hits like a truck and also heals the group. Spamming Devouring Shadow is the WIN. I'm also able to heal the Group with Corrosion + Wild Growth, and not needing any Neddras Essence while i rush in. To me it seems, your specc is much more passive than the (in your words "standard") specc. also possible leading DMG done, DMG taken and Healing Done scorebord with this specc.
    The fact with the DoT's yeah. But the dots are not rly needed for spamming Devouring shadows playstyle. And how often u see IMMUNE on your screen, using Dark Fury? ...
    Almost never, Dark Fury is usually used for squeezing out healers with Choke.

The Dark Touch/Neddra's Grasp/Radiate death is the nastiest AoE combo you will get and I would take it over Nature's Fury everyday of the weak!

My spec isn't passive, it's just got a lot more movement to it due to the fact it's a lot more DoT heavy.

It will out-damage chlorolocks but it won't outheal them. Also dropping AoE fear's in the middle of large battles is amazing .
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone

Rift Master

I love how you say Stormcaller is 'bad' and then you post a thread where you play this spec.

The ironing is delicious.

Rift Master

Seriously if a rank 8 joined my team on a warfront and played this spec I would cry a little inside.

It was good, what, 2-3 patches ago? Welcome to 1.1 before high ranks and high Warlock and Chloro were fixed.

What's better than Devouring Shadows? a 51 Warlock with Overload and ED stopcasting Devouring Shadows. It might actually kill someone instead of padding damage stats on the scoreboard with lol-aoe that's healed through by half a player.

What's better than a mage buffing up his HP and Blooming himself? A real Chloro putting up wild growth on the opposing raid, spamming Overload Nature's Fury, crit Blooms and Flourishes and clutch Essence Surges.

Grats, you can get 10k HP on a mage. So you're last to die because why target you when you can kill useful healers and real damage threats.

What's better than a 10k HP mage? A 10k HP warrior who can subdue targets and pull other ones across the battlefield.

Waste of a Warfront raid slot.
    Last edited by Mezkh; 08-28-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    Seriously if a rank 8 joined my team on a warfront and played this spec I would cry a little inside.

It was good, what, 2-3 patches ago? Welcome to 1.1 before high ranks and high Warlock and Chloro were fixed.

What's better than Devouring Shadows? a 51 Warlock with Overload and ED stopcasting Devouring Shadows. It might actually kill someone instead of padding damage stats on the scoreboard with lol-aoe that's healed through by half a player.

What's better than a mage buffing up his HP and Blooming himself? A real Chloro putting up wild growth on the opposing raid, spamming Overload Nature's Fury, crit Blooms and Flourishes and clutch Essence Surges.

Grats, you can get 10k HP on a mage. So you're last to die because why target you when you can kill useful healers and real damage threats.

What's better than a 10k HP mage? A 10k HP warrior who can subdue targets and pull other ones across the battlefield.

Waste of a Warfront raid slot.
    You must've missed by 51 Warlock thread:

This spec is more of a 1v1 spec then 51 lock. I use it for holding points solo in maps like Codex, flag carrying/map control in BG or flag running in WF. Is also fantastic and flag running in Port Scion and can solo the church boss.

So to say it's a waste of the spot is a bit of an exaggeration - it definitely has its place in warfronts.
    I would agree that it is sub par to 51 Lock in terms of straight damage dealing.

But if you play it right you can still top the boards and obtain many/top killing blows...
    I haven't been playing it much since I hit P8 so I don't have any screenshots since then (apart from the ones showing raw stats). But here is the last screenshot I have from P6:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...5_234118-1.jpg

Just remember that no one spec is perfect for all battlegrounds and all situations. It is possible to run MORE than one spec.
    Last edited by ArchivistCarrion; 08-28-2011 at 05:25 AM.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    I love how you say Stormcaller is 'bad' and then you post a thread where you play this spec.

The ironing is delicious.
    SC is inferior to 51 lock in every way at the moment, this build at least has situational uses that make it viable in PvP. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the difference.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone

I'm curious what you think of Warmancer? 45 lock + 16 Necro + 5 PvP build?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchivistCarrion View Post
    SC is inferior to 51 lock in every way at the moment, this build at least has situational uses that make it viable in PvP. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the difference.
    You clearly haven't played SC extensively and show a biased opinion based off of you getting owned when you tried to play sc for 2-3 games, probably not utiliising all of your spec either (i.e absolute zero, ride the wind, wind chill, etc).
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    You clearly haven't played SC extensively and show a biased opinion based off of you getting owned when you tried to play sc for 2-3 games, probably not utiliising all of your spec either (i.e absolute zero, ride the wind, wind chill, etc).
    Haven't seen a SC do even half as much damage as me in a warfront. I haven't been killed by one either.

Maybe I'm just that damn good - or maybe SC is just bad, who knows?

Even more likely is that you haven't tried the current FotM 51 Warlock and you are grasping at straws to keep some kind of individuality by playing an obviously inferior spec.

Either way 51 Warlock V SC discussions are completely irrelevant in this thread.
    Last edited by ArchivistCarrion; 08-28-2011 at 07:49 AM.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    Depends on your play style - obviously Soul Purge is a huge damage gain for smaller fights, the problem is you lose a lot of mobility/survivability by throwing away the chloro tree.

Personally I prefer this build over Warmancer and if I'm looking for more damage I'd hit up 51 Lock.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    Great lower rank spec. Becomes better when you are able to spec into Overload in Archmage in replace of some warlock
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast