+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [PvP] 44 Warlock // 18 Chloro // 4 Archmage [10541 HP Self-Buffed]

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ArchivistCarrion View Post
    Why are you linking a PvE spec for a PvP thread? God you are ****ing ******ed attention *****.

Not only that but you've posted something horrible for Molinar, strong work missing out on mitigation for a bit of extra HP. The spec you linked fails for PvP and PvE all in one, congrats.

Confirmed for bad.
    Needra's, Shadow Life, Reflect, and Nature's Conversation make me not care about elementalist mitigation for Molinar and in PvP I cannot die without strong heal debuffs and 3+ attackers.

BUT YOU SEEM TO LIKE BEING SUBPAR SO ENJOY IT

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    Seriously if a rank 8 joined my team on a warfront and played this spec I would cry a little inside.

It was good, what, 2-3 patches ago? Welcome to 1.1 before high ranks and high Warlock and Chloro were fixed.

What's better than Devouring Shadows? a 51 Warlock with Overload and ED stopcasting Devouring Shadows. It might actually kill someone instead of padding damage stats on the scoreboard with lol-aoe that's healed through by half a player.

What's better than a mage buffing up his HP and Blooming himself? A real Chloro putting up wild growth on the opposing raid, spamming Overload Nature's Fury, crit Blooms and Flourishes and clutch Essence Surges.

Grats, you can get 10k HP on a mage. So you're last to die because why target you when you can kill useful healers and real damage threats.

What's better than a 10k HP mage? A 10k HP warrior who can subdue targets and pull other ones across the battlefield.

Waste of a Warfront raid slot.
    True story.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrun View Post
    True story.
    This story has a coolness level of "Legit".

RAMBO ISN'T THERE FOR OTHER PEOPLE

Quote Originally Posted by NerfMePlease View Post
    Needra's, Shadow Life, Reflect, and Nature's Conversation make me not care about elementalist mitigation for Molinar and in PvP I cannot die without strong heal debuffs and 3+ attackers.

BUT YOU SEEM TO LIKE BEING SUBPAR SO ENJOY IT
    Reflect/Nature's Conversion are still in other builds. All you've done is lose 10% mitigation for two * 3 minute cooldowns because you're bad.

And as far as your PvP build goes this one is exactly the same in the fact that it needs 3+ people with a healing debuff to be killed, however the other difference is it can actually put out damage while yours basically makes you a big giant nothing. There is a fine balance between being tanky and being able to do damage and you've missed the mark.

You miss out on Radiate Death/Neddra's Grasp, Break Free, AoE Fear, +12% damage, +9% DoT damage, no Imp VB loooooooool

All so you can gain reflect.

Leave the PvP to the people who actually know how to do it.
    Last edited by Eorith; 09-09-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Removed rude comment
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

When you first posted this build at P6 I think you mentioned OP Warriors were your bane, now at P8 do you still fear them?
    Last edited by Riftrox; 09-08-2011 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    When you first posted this build at P6 I think you mentioned OP Warriors were your bane, now at P8 do you still fear them?
    Things have changed since then - as of right now they are still hardest to defeat of any class, but they are easier to beat now then they were previously (IMO) - with that said this spec may become useless in 1.5 - looking forward to seeing how the next patch changes PvP.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Rift Chaser

Reflect/Nature's Conversion are still in other builds. All you've done is lose 10% mitigation for two * 3 minute cooldowns because you're bad.

And as far as your PvP build goes this one is exactly the same in the fact that it needs 3+ people with a healing debuff to be killed, however the other difference is it can actually put out damage while yours basically makes you a big giant nothing. There is a fine balance between being tanky and being able to do damage and you've missed the mark.

You miss out on Radiate Death/Neddra's Grasp, Break Free, AoE Fear, +12% damage, +9% DoT damage, no Imp VB loooooooool

All so you can gain reflect.

Leave the PvP to the people who actually know how to do it.
    It seems you don't really know much about mage beyond the guide I'm sure you paid for, and the spec you got from it, so here's a hint for you.

MORE INT, MORE HP, AND MANA WRENCH MEAN INSTEAD OF BEING USELESS ON CLERIC HEALERS, LIKE YOU ARE, I CAN STOMP A MUDHOLE IN DEM WHILE KILLING THEIR FOCUS HEAL TARGET AT THE SAME TIME
    Last edited by Eorith; 09-09-2011 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Quoted post has been edited

This topic started with a good mage (Archivist) talking about a good spec (Lock/Chloro).

And ended up with a bunch of trollers who does not know anything about how to play a mage.

Go back in the PvP field and get more experience you bunch of idiots. Instead of loosing your time posting stupid posts just to have 1.000 posts on forums so everyone "might think for a moment" that you are a experienced player.
    ----
    Sorry for my bad english, I'm brazillian
    "Brasil", Guardian Mage Lvl 50, Prestige Rank 8, Whitefall (PvP), EU

Shadowlander

This is a continuation of:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...d-p6-mage.html

Now updated with P8 gear.

A few cheeky screenshots so you can see the kinda of health/stats you can pull:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...oroLockPvP.png

HP goes as high as 16467 at the bottom of the page (eat your heart out PvE tanks) - and this is without being fully buffed!

Here is a zam link to the build I use for this spec:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...zh.jx0Akqqek.L

I am still missing a couple of bits and pieces (for example I should have 1075 valor, not 992 - missing 1 lesser and I'm also using pieces for PvE since PvE enchants).

Enjoy!
    can you make a list of your gear /runes? i m p8 geared and i cant get over 10k :S

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6