+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Sorrower

Thread: WTB Flicker for Warlock soul

  1. #1
    Telaran Lobselvith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default WTB Flicker for Warlock soul

    yep you heard me right, would be nice to have a type teleport for warlocks something that could be helpful in PvP and just a fun addition to make warlocks feel more on the Darkside, but instead of calling it flicker maybe call is Dark Flicker,
    Have the animation be like a dark rift opens for a spit second you jump thru and opens in 10 yard from the point you started at and you jump out.
    any thoughts and support for this idea is greatly appreciated.

    ~Long live Warlocks~

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Nah, they should just put it low in the archmage tree, since all mages should have it in my opinion.

  3. #3
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    647

    Default

    It appears to me that part of the balancing for Warlock's extra 'toughness' (Warlock Armour, Vitality, strong but long cooldowns) compared to other offensive souls like Pyro and Stormcaller is weaker battlefield mobility.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple pinetree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default

    I think a teleport spell would go good with Archon. Dominator could have a teleport-other spell, to teleport enemies away to some random place. Give Stormcaller a floating or flying spell, with the mage rising up on a ball of lightning or wind for a little while.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Hi, it's 11 points into pyro. Not very far out of reach if you feel you need it. I used to run 51 lock/11 pyro/4 archmage in 1.1 or 1.2 and it did fine, opp fireballs were pretty pro too. Now that I'm geared to the teeth I see no need for it aside from lolblink AoE fearing the backline casters.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrower View Post
    Nah, they should just put it low in the archmage tree, since all mages should have it in my opinion.
    this. it should be in archmage, on the defensive side. get rid of the joke talent that gives mana back when stunned.

    "blink"
    - teleport 10m forward, usable when CCed
    - 1pt t2 talent in archmage tree
    - costs 60 charge
    - 1min CD, shared CD with Flicker in pyro tree.

    "augmented blink"
    - t2 talent in archmage tree
    - costs 4 talent points, requires blink talent
    - each point spent reduces blink CD by 10sec, and charge cost by 10. Also reduces pyro Flicker CD by 1sec/pt.

    ie: fully talented blink (5pts) has 20sec CD and costs 20 charge
    Last edited by Ashenne; 08-28-2011 at 07:19 PM.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker GLopez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    482

    Default

    I think warlocks already have pretty good survivability. A P8 warlock can hold his own just fine, even if he doesn't have points in chloromancer or necromancer.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser LatsyrcMoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashenne View Post
    this. it should be in archmage, on the defensive side. get rid of the joke talent that gives mana back when stunned.

    "blink"
    - teleport 10m forward, usable when CCed
    - 1pt t2 talent in archmage tree
    - costs 60 charge
    - 1min CD, shared CD with Flicker in pyro tree.

    "augmented blink"
    - t2 talent in archmage tree
    - costs 4 talent points, requires blink talent
    - each point spent reduces blink CD by 10sec, and charge cost by 10. Also reduces pyro Flicker CD by 1sec/pt.

    ie: fully talented blink (5pts) has 20sec CD and costs 20 charge
    y u pvp want to take my flicker

    Seriously though, this would move it out of reach of PvE players who find numerous uses for the ability too. If you mean to have it in Archmage in addition to Pyro, then ok fine. It won't affect me at all.

    On that note though, mages need better mobility in general. Most of our defensive abilities come in the form of Snares/roots which, as I understand it, is hilariously ineffective in PvP.

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LatsyrcMoy View Post
    On that note though, mages need better mobility in general. Most of our defensive abilities come in the form of Snares/roots which, as I understand it, is hilariously ineffective in PvP.
    does the diminishing returns on CC work for CC applied to mages? It seems like every other WF, i get feared, pop break free, start to cast, feared again, fear ends, start to cast feared again, start to cast, stunned by rogue and then roflstomped. it seriously gets annoying when it seems everyone else is basically immune to CC and you can barely get a cast off without being CC'd.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser extinction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    377

    Default

    instead of flicker for warlocks i would rather have a buff similar to life giving veil made FOR warlocks

    like heals you for 40% of the damage done by your dots or something along that line

    or move soul purge to warlock tree.
    Last edited by extinction; 08-29-2011 at 01:59 PM.

  11. #11
    Telaran Lobselvith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extinction View Post
    instead of flicker for warlocks i would rather have a buff similar to life giving veil made FOR warlocks

    like heals you for 40% of the damage done by your dots or something along that line

    or move soul purge to warlock tree.
    then Necro tree would have nothing, if you took Soul purse away. I feel it works good where it is.
    and "Life giving veil" works for all damage but it's just less effective on anything that is cast outside of Chloromancer soul. though I think there all good suggestions. ^_^

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser extinction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobselvith View Post
    then Necro tree would have nothing, if you took Soul purse away. I feel it works good where it is.
    and "Life giving veil" works for all damage but it's just less effective on anything that is cast outside of Chloromancer soul. though I think there all good suggestions. ^_^
    precisely, thus the need for a buff that works similar to life giving veil made for warlocks that or majorly buff the healing you get from life leech 50 health is laughable.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser LatsyrcMoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landred View Post
    does the diminishing returns on CC work for CC applied to mages? It seems like every other WF, i get feared, pop break free, start to cast, feared again, fear ends, start to cast feared again, start to cast, stunned by rogue and then roflstomped. it seriously gets annoying when it seems everyone else is basically immune to CC and you can barely get a cast off without being CC'd.
    There are two schools of DR, one for Hard CC's (Squirrel etc.) and one for Soft CC's (Snares/Roots)...I think

    That might be the problem you are seeing.

  14. #14
    Telaran Lobselvith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extinction View Post
    precisely, thus the need for a buff that works similar to life giving veil made for warlocks that or majorly buff the healing you get from life leech 50 health is laughable.
    Life leech heals/damage scale with your spell power. so it's more effective then you may think. but yes a small increase would be nice.
    Last edited by Lobselvith; 08-30-2011 at 03:38 AM.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Just make Life Leach instant and that would help tremendously.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts