+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By extinction

Thread: Suggestion to Phase Shift

Default Suggestion to Phase Shift

Either lower the CD to 2 mins or make it reflect damage back at who ever is attacking you while Phase Shifting

that is all.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by extinction View Post
    Either lower the CD to 2 mins or make it reflect damage back at who ever is attacking you while Phase Shifting

that is all.
    I agree. For a 20 point pvp spec talent it pretty useless. I would like to see it only consume charge, not be channeled aswell. So you can move and attack/heal while its active. And any spell with a 5m cd is useless in pvp.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Superchloro View Post
    I agree. For a 20 point pvp spec talent it pretty useless. I would like to see it only consume charge, not be channeled aswell. So you can move and attack/heal while its active. And any spell with a 5m cd is useless in pvp.
    I agree except that it should be like plutonus's shield where you have to DPS through it, with the same DPS check plutonus has on his. We should also cast demolishing wave if our charge reaches 100... wait we already do.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 08-27-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Reduce duration to 5s, reduce cooldown to 3m and make it a buff not a channel (so we can still move/attack). Then maybe, just maybe it will be worth it.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Merge Phase Shift and Mortality, make it hit harder and heal a bit more and maybe grant damage reduction by like 75-80% for the duration. Keep the cooldown. Replace Mortality with a new ability.

Phase Shift:

Channelled

5 minute cooldown, Reflects all physical/magical debuffs and damaging effects back to the attacker(s) whose attacks would effect the Mage. 5 second duration.

Casted at:
    20 charge: 6 second duration;
    40 charge: 7seconds
    60 charge: 8 seconds
    100 charge: 9 seconds.

Damage of reflected attacks:

130% reflected damage to enemies attacking the mage within 3 meters
    115% reflected damage to enemies attacking the mage between 4-7 meters
    100% reflected damage to enemies attacking the mage between 8-15 meters
    85% damage reflected to enemies attacking the mage over 15 meters.

Consumes all charge on use.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Phase Shift:

Channelled

5 minute cooldown, Reflects all physical/magical debuffs and damaging effects back to the attacker(s) whose attacks would effect the Mage. 5 second duration.

Casted at:
    20 charge: 6 second duration;
    40 charge: 7seconds
    60 charge: 8 seconds
    100 charge: 9 seconds.

Damage of reflected attacks:

130% reflected damage to enemies attacking the mage within 3 meters
    115% reflected damage to enemies attacking the mage between 4-7 meters
    100% reflected damage to enemies attacking the mage between 8-15 meters
    85% damage reflected to enemies attacking the mage over 15 meters.

Consumes all charge on use.
    Channeled Makes it useless. Also, good dps will notice and swap targets. Thus Making the refelcted damage part useless as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Desidus View Post
    Channeled Makes it useless. Also, good dps will notice and swap targets. Thus Making the refelcted damage part useless as well.
    So 5 warriors focus firing you then either damaging themselves or leaving you alone for up to 9 seconds is useless?

Being able to deal damage for up to 10 seconds whilst not only immune, but reflecting every attack wouldn't be overpowered? I'm so glad you're not a games developer.

EDIT: Re-reading my post, i made a typo. 80 charge would give 9 seconds, 100 charge would give 10 seconds of reflection.
    Last edited by Soul sky; 08-28-2011 at 08:13 PM.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Rift Chaser

So 5 warriors focus firing you then either damaging themselves or leaving you alone for up to 9 seconds is useless?

Being able to deal damage for up to 10 seconds whilst not only immune, but reflecting every attack wouldn't be overpowered? I'm so glad you're not a games developer.

EDIT: Re-reading my post, i made a typo. 80 charge would give 9 seconds, 100 charge would give 10 seconds of reflection.
    I would argue that intentionally removing yourself from the field for 9 seconds is a pretty bad call either way.

Also, Dominator is already a stupid check for enemies, we don't need another one. I'd like to see it made useful, but the fact that it is a channelled immunity kind of ruins it.
    Last edited by Void Seraphi; 08-28-2011 at 08:28 PM.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

Rift Disciple

I do believe I spoke out of context, What I meant to say was. Its a great idea, but the fact that to become Immune you need to stand still and Channel, makes it useless.

Personally Phase shift does need a change, but still forcing us to stand still in an environment where positioning is everything is counter-intuitive.

I also don't believe that reflecting damage would be the right sort of idea. I can see situations where a Lock primary would Neddras touch, Dark touch, Radiate Death and then run in the thick, Hit dev shadows, then Spam Phase shift and watch as the Stupid melee and noobs fell over dead.

Great suggestion, don't get me wrong, But I don't think it is what we need as the 20 point skill.

+ Reply to Thread