+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 38/28 Dom/Lock

Default 38/28 Dom/Lock

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...qgo.gsV0Vk0Mbz

I've been trying this out and I really, really like it.
    It's designed to kill melee primarily, and it does just that. I was running a 33/33 Necrolock before this and getting rolled by warriors and rogues.

This build can still take on casters but you don't have the 'presence' spells, and I'm okay with that since I still have a 5 second silence from the Warlock tree, and an instant stun.
    I can also use Priest's Lament and Void Shroud on the healer types.

Open with Transmogrify -> Storm Shackle (with added dmg bonus from Controlled Opportunity) -> Wither (because 5 sec snare isn't enough, plus the snares stack) -> all your DoTs

By then the target is in a world of hurt. Void Bolt or DS to keep Defile going as the above only generates about 50 charge or so on average. Transference + Mana Wrench is on reserve for a quick drain, as well as Death's Edict for another stun + snare if needed.

Defense is Deny for all your cleansing needs, Break Free, and Shadow Life + Neddra's Essence for the oh **** moments.
    And somewhere in all that, you can call your shades out and really enjoy yourself.
    Last edited by Dwindarf; 08-27-2011 at 08:17 AM.
    T H E C H R O N I C L E S O F D W I N D A R F

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dwindarf View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...qgo.gsV0Vk0Mbz

I've been trying this out and I really, really like it.
    It's designed to kill melee primarily, and it does just that. I was running a 33/33 Necrolock before this and getting rolled by warriors and rogues.

This build can still take on casters but you don't have the 'presence' spells, and I'm okay with that since I still have a 5 second silence from the Warlock tree, and an instant stun.
    I can also use Priest's Lament and Void Shroud on the healer types.

Open with Transmogrify -> Storm Shackle (with added dmg bonus from Controlled Opportunity) -> Wither (because 5 sec snare isn't enough, plus the snares stack) -> all your DoTs

By then the target is in a world of hurt. Void Bolt or DS to keep Defile going as the above only generates about 50 charge or so on average. Transference + Mana Wrench is on reserve for a quick drain, as well as Death's Edict for another stun + snare if needed.

Defense is Deny for all your cleansing needs, Break Free, and Shadow Life + Neddra's Essence for the oh **** moments.
    And somewhere in all that, you can call your shades out and really enjoy yourself.
    I run a similar spec but it's the other way around. I focus on dom rather than lock.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...qLo.McVzikqMfk
    Helgi - Win

+ Reply to Thread