+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mezkh
  • 2 Post By Elerina
  • 1 Post By AsphyxZero

Thread: So you like to solo queue warfronts? Got a Chloro spec?

Rift Master

Default So you like to solo queue warfronts? Got a Chloro spec?

Lets face it, these days with so many Clerics opting to be Cabalists or Inquisitors, and Rogues ignoring their bard soul, if you want to be on the winning side you'll be flipping to your secondary PvP Healing build.

Oh don't have one? Well that's what this thread is for.

A good build to start with for a low ranker is Mesk's (why the similar name dude?) spec here.
    I've tweaked it a little bit for the lowbie, losing Blight for an extra 6% damage and Detaunt. If you're surviving without Detaunt and HoT-stackers are prolific on your cluster, Blight is useful.

What's nice about this spec in low ranks compared to the following spec is the little extra HP boost from Vitality, the extra mitigation from Warlock Armor and extra heal from Shadow Life (pop it earlier rather than later). Sac Life:Mana counteracts your small mana pool.

As a lowbie you're roadkill for flying rank 8 warriors, but at least you might cause them a little bump as they roll on over you. You also show up as a healer in the raid, so there a smaller chance a friendly might even peel you when you're pressured.

Stay in the back, pre-kite, and use opportunity for your casttime spells. Corrosion defensively can pop stealthers early, get a feel for times you seem 'vulnerable' and likely to be jumped.

As your rank up prestige and become a big boy, I recommend changing subsoul and more points into Archmage like so.

As your gear improves and your intelligence, SP and crit rise, you get a lot more mileage out of passives like Acumen and Overload. As your HP and valor improves, you can push a little more aggresively into the fray and get more out of corrosion, and wild growth. Wild Abandon and Hastened Withdrawl and break free mean you can always draw fall back freely and quickly if pressured. You have less need for warlock's mana regen or Shadowlife cooldown - now you have Deny, the real reason for going 10 into Dominator, and can consider yourself a more complete WF healer, able to neutralise the worst of opposing enemy Saboteurs, Stormcallers, Dominators and Necromancers.

So how does PvP Chloromancer work? It's more like a bard than a cleric; you can spot heal with bloom and even use essence surge on a priority target, but it's strength is consistent low cost aoe raid healing. Slot some shield greaters in your source machine to enhance it further.

Keep up Radiant Spores on the enemy team. Keep Nature's Fury on cooldown, it hits hard and will bounce around providing a Hot-like effect. Spot heal with Bloom, spot cleanse with Deny. Vile spores as filler. Flourish to counter AoE, don't chain bloom/flourish together, you want the extra crit chance on these spells from Circle of Life passive. Use Wild Growth in every clutch moment - it's newest iteration is ridiculously overpowered for warfronts and your side will win against better teams because of it. Maintain corrosion to screw with stealthers, and Stream of Reclamation to keep your charge bar healthy or on the opposing pvp tank.

The Chloromancer tree as it stands has about 40 points spend worth of useful talents for PVP - I see many bad mages playing warfronts warlock heavy with about 20 points in Chloro max: Don't be stupid like this, either your damage or your healing support to the team is suffering in exchange for mediocrity in both, you may have a large HP pool but are otherwise a waste of space and will be ignored by anyone competent until you're the last one alive.

High lock/ low chloro was valid in older patches where Lifegiving veil could be purged, + the top talents in Chloromancer and Empowered Darkness were crap. This is no longer the case and average valor is also up. Either be a proper 51 Warlock DPS with empowered Darkness and Overload, or a Chloro Heal/support with Blight, Wild Growth, Nature's Swiftness and Essence surge, and let Chlorolock die out for both pvp and pve.

I'd love to add, that mages with a weird survival spec should consider turning off LGV if a proper (i.e. high rank and deep skilled) Chloromancer is present. Nothing is more annoying than seeing other mages die like flies because you can't properly heal them as a Chloromancer.

€: This advice is dependent on the situation of course. It's up to you to judge, if your additional healing is important for the rest of the group or if it would be better to concentrate on killing and letting a true chloro do the healing.
    I'm bringing this up because I've been in various mage heavy WFs where everyone dies because everyone and his neighbor had LGV activated and all I was healing was myself and the two rangers! And their valuable Boars of course!
    Last edited by Elerina; 08-27-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    I'd love to add, that mages with a weird survival spec should consider turning off LGV if a proper (i.e. high rank and deep skilled) Chloromancer is present. Nothing is more annoying than seeing other mages die like flies because you can't properly heal them as a Chloromancer.

: This advice is dependent on the situation of course. It's up to you to judge, if your additional healing is important for the rest of the group or if it would be better to concentrate on killing and letting a true chloro do the healing.
    I'm bringing this up because I've been in various mage heavy WFs where everyone dies because everyone and his neighbor had LGV activated and all I was healing was myself and the two rangers! And their valuable Boars of course!
    This right here!

Even though I'm not a big PvPer myself, I would take 3 points out of warlock and put them into Accelerated Growth, Circle of Life, and Call of Spring (3 points out of Dark Power), this way you would get Blight. Blight helps a LOT, as I've seen in the handful of warfronts I've been in.

Just a personal taste thing, this build is great enough as it is.

Rift Disciple

Thank you for helpful advice. Wish people would link things like this instead of calling people bads for asking for tips on how to pvp in their class.
    WARNING: Contents may be Irish.
    <Bountiful> on Faeblight, 50 Mage Bahmi
    taking some time off in a galaxy far, far away.
    We're tiny but mighty! RAWR!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AsphyxZero View Post
    Even though I'm not a big PvPer myself, I would take 3 points out of warlock and put them into Accelerated Growth, Circle of Life, and Call of Spring (3 points out of Dark Power), this way you would get Blight. Blight helps a LOT, as I've seen in the handful of warfronts I've been in.

Just a personal taste thing, this build is great enough as it is.
    Agreed. Even at low rank you can be very effective by assisting a DPS player and throwing Blight on his target.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

I've been Chloro-ing (?? XD) in WF's and having an absolute blast...and yeah, it's like you said, spot healing with bloom and then just "radiating" AOE healing by spreading around my damage. Pretty fun. And yeah, I have noticed LOTS of dps clerics recently....not that they should be pigeonholed into healing or anything.

+ Reply to Thread