+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whats the best build for solo leveling?

Rift Disciple

Default Whats the best build for solo leveling?

Didn't see this in the sticky posts, so have at it: What's the best build for solo leveling? The 'best' would be equated to the best cross section of good survivability, minimal downtime and fast killing speed.

Do you have a class in mind to play with?
    http://tweakers.net/ext/f/eLhZ2jgZXrBxjEGYifMex3G8/full.jpg
    Elysaine (High Elf Cleric) ~ Jeannedarc (Mathosian Rogue) ~ Cithaeria (High Elf Mage)
    Guild: Venatus ~ Realm: (EU) Icewatch

Ignore first post

For me the combination Necromancer / Warlock works fine Took Chloromancer as third soul. Just didn't put points into it. Only wanted it for the spore heal spell.

My Mage is now almost level 26 and I've already soloed on level rifts. Without dying. It's a lovely combination.

I think it answers to all your questions
    http://tweakers.net/ext/f/eLhZ2jgZXrBxjEGYifMex3G8/full.jpg
    Elysaine (High Elf Cleric) ~ Jeannedarc (Mathosian Rogue) ~ Cithaeria (High Elf Mage)
    Guild: Venatus ~ Realm: (EU) Icewatch

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Elysaine View Post
    Ignore first post
    I was about to say... did I post in the wrong class forum? lol

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Shameless self advertisement in 3...2...1...
    http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/mage-leveling-specs/

Champion

at level 1 pick up elementalist, then archon as second soul, then warlock

play as this until you can buy your other souls, then respec to necro/warlock/archon. level 12+

the necro pet tank is just as tough as the ele tank pet, does more damage and you have better health management at 16 when you can snag soul purge.

buy a second role and setup a necro/chloro build. this build can be good for support and for soloing elites.

all mage specs are rough until 16 imo. then it's just gangbusters.

2nd the necro/lock/chloro
    it just works.

Shadowlander

I don't understand why people pick chloro as the 0 point 3rd soul for their necrolocks when the archon seems much better. Do people really need the extra healing from the spores? I've leveled 2 mages to 50 and I've never needed anything more then Soul Purge to keep my health topped off and the archon buffs are just too good to pass up and are so easy to keep up.
    Last edited by Mizuno; 08-28-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Champion

because i was curious i levelled 5 mages today from 1-16 (gogo bonus xp)

this is the build i found to be the best until 16

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zqvz.M.he0hz

at 16 you flip to full necro/lock/whatever (i recommend archon, you dont ned more healing from chloro) then usually build necro until 22 for upgraded pets and fd, then start filling out warlock

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Shameless self advertisement in 3...2...1...
    http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/mage-leveling-specs/
    I was looking over this guide, and have a couple questions actually. Maybe it's only one question really.

Why Void Bolt and not Plague Bolt from the necromancer soul? I'm guessing you like it because of the faster cast time (with talent points) but Plague Bolt adds stacks of Deathly Calling, which helps the pet tremendously... this is especially true with the Skeletal Stalwart, who consumes stacks of Deathly calling to keep aggro on multiple targets, allowing my mage to go crazy on them.

You can also get Deathly Calling stacks from Grave Rot of course, but it's not mentioned that you use it at all in rotations.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Dixa View Post
    at level 1 pick up elementalist, then archon as second soul, then warlock

play as this until you can buy your other souls, then respec to necro/warlock/archon. level 12+

the necro pet tank is just as tough as the ele tank pet, does more damage and you have better health management at 16 when you can snag soul purge.

buy a second role and setup a necro/chloro build. this build can be good for support and for soloing elites.

all mage specs are rough until 16 imo. then it's just gangbusters.
    The Necro/Lock is a good leveling spec and fun to play. However some of this post I'm replying to is incorrect. The Elemental earth pet is much tougher than any Necro pet. Health management of the Elem pet is far far superior. Soul Purge (Necro) does give you better health management than pure Elementalist, though.

For and easy and safe build you can try Elementalist + Chloromancer. You will have the toughest and easiest pet to heal and you have a big heal for yourself if you really need it. With this build you can solo most Rifts and invasions easily which Necro will have a tougher time doing.

Still ... Necro/Lock is very good and is faster at leveling than Elementalist. There just isn't a perfect build.

Telaran

Bluedots on your lvling Guide the lvl 40 Spec for Elem/Chloro is broken Link can you fix plz? also can you make a lvl 49 or 50 spec for it so we can see what to build up to? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zomgeddon View Post
    I was looking over this guide, and have a couple questions actually. Maybe it's only one question really.

Why Void Bolt and not Plague Bolt from the necromancer soul? I'm guessing you like it because of the faster cast time (with talent points) but Plague Bolt adds stacks of Deathly Calling, which helps the pet tremendously... this is especially true with the Skeletal Stalwart, who consumes stacks of Deathly calling to keep aggro on multiple targets, allowing my mage to go crazy on them.

You can also get Deathly Calling stacks from Grave Rot of course, but it's not mentioned that you use it at all in rotations.
    Void Bolt does more DPS then Plague Bolt, especially on mobs that will die before you get 5 stacks up. I have tried working to stack Deathly Calling but it was never worth it. Grave Rot is great if you have multiple mobs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hated73 View Post
    Bluedots on your lvling Guide the lvl 40 Spec for Elem/Chloro is broken Link can you fix plz? also can you make a lvl 49 or 50 spec for it so we can see what to build up to? Thanks
    http://bluedots.org/2011/06/09/how-t...-mage-in-rift/

Telaran

sweet thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast