+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By A Mage
  • 1 Post By Veev

Thread: New soul

  1. #1
    Ascendant Hartzekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,015

    Default New soul

    I love mage, (it's my favorite class) and I noticed a lack of any devoted earth-damage souls, across any classes. My idea for a new mage soul would be called something along the lines of Sandancer. They use alot of sustained AoE DPS, using attacks formed mainly out of sand or rocks. It could also be the mages' defensive (NOT tanking) soul. Lots of +armor and defensive abilities, but no devoted threat generating abilities.

    The lore of them would be a group of outcast mages who were banished to the desert, and learned to control the sand. When their grandchildren were integrated back into the world, they spread their knowledge of this great power.

    Thoughts?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

  2. #2
    Rift Master A Mage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    I love mage, (it's my favorite class) and I noticed a lack of any devoted earth-damage souls, across any classes. My idea for a new mage soul would be called something along the lines of Sandancer. They use alot of sustained AoE DPS, using attacks formed mainly out of sand or rocks. It could also be the mages' defensive (NOT tanking) soul. Lots of +armor and defensive abilities, but no devoted threat generating abilities.

    The lore of them would be a group of outcast mages who were banished to the desert, and learned to control the sand. When their grandchildren were integrated back into the world, they spread their knowledge of this great power.

    Thoughts?
    I'd prefer a ST DPS spec. Not another AoE soul.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

  3. #3
    Ascendant Hartzekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    I'd prefer a ST DPS spec. Not another AoE soul.
    There's a whole bunch of possibilities for what it'd be able to do. Maybe a lil everything and defense?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Spells around the element of earth could indeed use a little love. Not going to happen though. Maybe once Rift gets an Add-On? We'll see.

  5. #5
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    584

    Default

    WTB a tank soul

    Seriously :P

  6. #6
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    WTB a tank soul
    Seconded.

    I've imagined it as a slightly different style of tanking based more around outright damage prevention rather than avoidance or mitigation. It could have some sort of ability ala Substitute from good ol' pokemon and perhaps also a buff where a % of overhealing was converted into shielding. This would allow mages to function as lower hp tanks whilst still allowing us to require an equivalent amount of healing.
    Nope.

  7. #7
    General of Telara Sarathor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Imagination Land
    Posts
    948

    Default

    I would like a mage soul that uses celestial objects.

    Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

  8. #8
    Plane Walker ArchivistCarrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Either mage tank or a mage STDPS that doesn't involve pets.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Seconded.

    I've imagined it as a slightly different style of tanking based more around outright damage prevention rather than avoidance or mitigation. It could have some sort of ability ala Substitute from good ol' pokemon and perhaps also a buff where a % of overhealing was converted into shielding. This would allow mages to function as lower hp tanks whilst still allowing us to require an equivalent amount of healing.
    Third!

    Imo, with the Charge Bar trion has a unique opportunity to Create a diverse Mage tanking soul / class.

    Base the more powerful threat gainers / Taunts / Avoidance Cds / Survival Cds off spending charge. 20-30 each, with the super long Cds down to around 50-60Charge.

    Then give us one Taunt and one AoE taunt that dont require charge so we can pull effectively / Regain aggro if we dont have charge.

    Don't even mention Mana shields and converting damage into mana because thats just stupid.

    I agree we should not be able to mitigate damage, I envison it more as a Shielding / reflection / Delaying Soul.

    Rather than sitting there and turning 4k crits into 1.6k crits, Instead using Charge the soul would be able to Absorb X amount, Delay X amount by X seconds and Reflect X amount. With the X amount Reflected creating 200% threat.

    Personally I would love to tank on my mage. I'm extremely excited to attempt Rune King Molinar and Tank Prince Doldin.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desidus View Post
    Don't even mention Mana shields and converting damage into mana because thats just stupid
    I'm not talking about mana shielding, I'm talking about similar things to you.

    But delaying damage would be useless in a raid setting, see Defer Death.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 08-28-2011 at 06:50 AM.
    Nope.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I'm not talking about mana shielding, I'm talking about similar things to you.

    But delaying damage would be useless in a raid setting, see Defer Death.

    Oh I know you weren't talking about Mana shields, but we all know how Devs like to think.....

    On second thoughts, you are right, I was brain storming and it seemed like a fairly coolish sort of idea.

    Also, I live in Australia and play on a sitting Wireless Connection, My Latency is double yours on a good day... >.>

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts