+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oppertunity Proc?

Default Oppertunity Proc?

Hey everyone,
    Sorry to bother you all with such a noob question. I've just started leveling up a Lock/Necro/Chloro and I often see the word Oppertunity popping up on the screen. I havn't found anything on the forums that explains exactly what it is.

I would appreciate it if you all could tell me how it works and the best way for me to take advantage of it in battle.

Thanks for the help...

Ascendant

opportunity is a warlock spec'd skill.

Soulwalker

It simply means that the next non-instant ability you cast will cast instantly.

It is a visual indication so that when you see it, you can quickly choose to use an ability that usually requires casting standstill to make use of a situation.

For example:
    I am kiting a rogue who is chasing me while using my instant attacks on him (because I am running, I can only rely on instant abilities). I then see Opportunity on my screen, so I have a chance to use an even more powerful ability that normally takes 2 seconds to cast without having to stop moving.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Krosss View Post
    Hey everyone,
    Sorry to bother you all with such a noob question. I've just started leveling up a Lock/Necro/Chloro and I often see the word Oppertunity popping up on the screen. I havn't found anything on the forums that explains exactly what it is.

I would appreciate it if you all could tell me how it works and the best way for me to take advantage of it in battle.

Thanks for the help...
    In the second tier of the warlock soul you put a few points in the opportunity talent, which has a chance to make your next spell instant cast. That's what you're seeing in text, those procs.

it allows for the next cast to be instant its pretty awesome
    The artist formally known as Dubs

Awesome! Thanks for the help everyone! You guys are great!

+ Reply to Thread