+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kazzin
  • 1 Post By Gorge Express

Thread: A few tips on how to kill a warrior FROM a warrior

Telaran

Default A few tips on how to kill a warrior FROM a warrior

I'm a R7 warrior and i play 38 Riftblade, 26 champion. I dont play the sword and board spec because at my valor level, i honestly dont need extra defense.

Whenever you fight someone you obviously look at their buffs and you can tell what spec they use:

1) If they have a 2 hander and the VK buff, they are playing Zin'z Ragestorm spec. This spec is good against casters because they can dispel Neddara's essence. Overall damage rating (7/10), overall defense rating (6/10)

2) if they have a shield and have they are using Lameboi's S&B spec. This spec is good because they can block physical damage and full heal every 10 minutes. Overall damage rating (7.5/10), overall defense rating (8/10)

3) if they have either 2h or dual wields and have Avatar of the Rift they are playing 51 riftblade and 15 points in something else. These builds i consider experimental. Overall damage rating (7/10), defense (5/10)

4) (MY SPEC) 38 riftblade, 26 champ, 0 vindicator, with stormblade, slayer's bearing, avatar of the wind with a 2 hander is only for single target dpsing high value targets. Overall damage rating (9.5/10), overall defense rating (4/10)

How to counter each spec:

1) Ragestorm spec:

Most warriors will start off with Spell Sunder, the animation for this is a purple aura that swirls around you. How to counter? rebuff yourself, duh.

This isn't the highest dps class so you don't have to worry about dying fast. You can heal, sit back and let your clerics heal you and proceed to do other stuff.

If they dispel your Neddara's essence, use detaunt and run.

Mortality can sometimes be useful, but a few warriors take their interrupt out of their macro and time use them only on important abilities, like mortality and cinderburst. Radiant spores +devouring shadows is probably more useful.

2) Sword and board spec:

it has high PHYSICAL damage reduction, that big *** shield does nothing to magic damage. So the only strategy to this is to Break Free out of the 5 second silence, and continuously kite the warrior until he's dead (might take a long time because of increased health and magic resistance from paladin tree). Kiting is good for any spec that uses Planar Blade because honestly, Riftwalk does very little damage and it NEVER crits. Even if they get out of your CCs just keep kiting, you'll be lowering the warriors dps by making him/her use riftwalk all the time.

Another tip about RIftwalk. Riftwalk makes the warrior go behind the target, so you can, in fact, use it against the warrior. When warriors riftwalks, run in the same direction in which he came from, this gives you about 10-15 meter gap between you and the warrior before he realizes he needs to start running the other way.

3) For all high dps specs:

All CCs. If that doesn't work tell your team to focus on high dps warriors, there nothing you can do about them by yourself.

General Tips:
    When a warrior interrupts your Fear or Soul Purge, just cast it again. Our interrupts have cooldowns ( 8 seconds)

Always try to get a 21-30 meter distance from you and the warrior. Warriors charges and range attack have a range of 20 meters.

If a warriors uses a speed boost, use Wither or snares, it overwrites the speed buff.

Silencing riftblades prevents them from using finishers (fiery burst, storm burst, earth burst) ~30% of our damage.

When fighting warriors 1v1, take it nice and slow, we dont have any heals other than pots.

If a warrior is immune to transmogrify or fear, just spam it, DRR is only 15 seconds from first successful application, which isnt that long.

If you see Rift Surge on your debuff bar, dispel it immediately.

Warrior CC's that are worth using Break Free over: Battlefield intimidation (if you are the primary target), Windspear (5 sec silence), Light's Hammer (3 sec stun). DO NOT break free from bull rush, its a waste.

You are better off putting Traitorous influence and Mass Betrayal on nearby caster allies of the warrior, because smart ones will stop performing actions and just wait for the debuff.

Just a few tips i want to give to mages... Enjoy

Well, thanks for sharing ;)

As far as I can tell, this is all sound advice (you never know if you pesky warriors aren't just trying to fool us, right? ).

I didn't really learn much, figured it out mostly by myself already. Though, I never used Silence on a RB. That sounds like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bush View Post
    You are better off putting Traitorous influence and Mass Betrayal on nearby caster allies of the warrior, because smart ones will stop performing actions and just wait for the debuff.
    I disagree with this.

If using those debuffs on the warrior prevents them from doing anything for that length of time, it's a win. Casters will often have cleanses they can use without triggering TI, while only the VK is able to clean himself of TI. Also being on the front line the warrior is less likely to take notice to debuff #554 on him and continue doing his thing.
    Last edited by Hethroin; 08-26-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Prophet of Telara

I just stand there and mash soul purge. They tend to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    I disagree with this.

If using those debuffs on the warrior prevents them from doing anything for that length of time, it's a win. Casters will often have cleanses they can use without triggering TI, while only the VK is able to clean himself of TI. Also being on the front line the warrior is less likely to take notice to debuff #554 on him and continue doing his thing.
    Oh that's right, forgot about that part.

Actually I know a lot of warriors who just recently learned from me, that they should take care of some debuffs if they don't want to suck their healers empty ^^

51 riftblade is the most broken **** i have ever seen.

essentially a mage in tank.
    Last edited by extinction; 08-27-2011 at 12:46 AM.

Plane Touched

Just spec chloro/dom and kill every spec in the game with no counter. I like that option.
    Eldritch Knight Brod - 50 Mage Rank 8 Briarcliff

Telaran

I always just cast TI on the one genius using a melee pet

Quote Originally Posted by Gorge Express View Post
    I always just cast TI on the one genius using a melee pet
    lmfao.

Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

+ Reply to Thread