+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyro or Marksman for ranged glass cannon? (pvp)

Soulwalker

Default Pyro or Marksman for ranged glass cannon? (pvp)

Don't care about living a long time - just care about damage while I am.

Yes, I know most of you will think I'm ******ed, but this is the kind of playstyle that I enjoy in warfronts/zergs/etc, and over the course of years in several MMO's, I've gotten pretty good at it. I like to stand back, maintain good positioning, and put out insane big numbers. For the sake of discussion, ignore defensive/escape abilities - I'll make do with whatever I get.

So which is a better choice for me? Which has more dps and/or burst potential?

Shield of Telara

Stormcaller

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by sakkath View Post
    Stormcaller
    Meh... I know they can do a huge nuke, but I get the impression that Stormcaller is a 1 trick pony with a huge build up time... that doesn't appeal so much to me tbh. Is this not the case?

Shield of Telara

Stormcaller is a many trick pony with extremely high single target and AE damage and no survivability. If you want glass cannon then stormcaller is it.

Pyro has a lot less cannon but the damage is easier to deploy and it's slightly more survivable than SC.

51 lock is a lot less glass and still pretty decent cannon.

Stormcaller. Before Lightning Burst even existed, it was still better than Pyromancer for general burst/killing.

I'm not a rogue, but out of the 3, i would assume:

Stormcaller>marksman>pyromancer.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Shadowlander

Definitely Marksman, you have by far greater mobility compared to a stormcaller. If you want to nuke you have to stand still for about 6 sec.

+ Reply to Thread