+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spellpower vs spellcrit - 1 vs 2?

Default Spellpower vs spellcrit - 1 vs 2?

Hello,
    i just wanted to ask how much spellpower are comparable to one spellcrit?
    Is this realistic? One spellpower ~ 2 spellcrit?
    I know this is dependent on spec, but i play different specs and i want to be able to calculate.

If playing an Elementalist spec with 3/3 Tempest, 1SP roughly equals 3SC
    Otherwise 1SP roughly equals 4SC
    These values are incredibly rough and change over time based upon gear and spec.
    Nope.

thanks !

Rift Chaser

There is a sweet spot where spell crit becomes equal to spell power. I'm not entirely sure, but IIRC, estimates place it at around 1.6k spell power. Anything higher than that, and spell crit provides more of a damage boost, theoretically. Not accounting for diminishing returns either.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Seraphi View Post
    There is a sweet spot where spell crit becomes equal to spell power. I'm not entirely sure, but IIRC, estimates place it at around 1.6k spell power. Anything higher than that, and spell crit provides more of a damage boost, theoretically. Not accounting for diminishing returns either.
    Really? Self buffed with powerstone i'm 1700 spellpower. Red ball= over 1800. Raid buffs=2050+. Should i switch to spellcrit runes? I run every spec.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Quote Originally Posted by Void Seraphi View Post
    Hmmm 1.6K sounds a bit low, I was under the impression the cut off point was at least several hundred points north of there. It's unlikely to be an issue until people are wearing at least a few pieces of HK gear so I'm sure there will be more discussion and math done about it in the coming weeks and months.
    Nope.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Hmmm 1.6K sounds a bit low, I was under the impression the cut off point was at least several hundred points north of there. It's unlikely to be an issue until people are wearing at least a few pieces of HK gear so I'm sure there will be more discussion and math done about it in the coming weeks and months.
    You're probably right. I was just going off memory, and it is a little hazy at best. I'm not enough of a math wizard to actually work out the figures.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

I remember when I was a lowby reading someone say intelligence>spellpower at 1400ish spellpower. Back then I thought 1400 was impossible to achieve D:
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    I remember when I was a lowby reading someone say intelligence>spellpower at 1400ish spellpower. Back then I thought 1400 was impossible to achieve D:
    There is no cutoff point. Whoever told you this is wrong.

Champion

fffff.
    I just hit 1k sp (unbuffed)
    I'm a sad panda now.

Rift Chaser

This is no longer relevant. Crit cap is 45%. Hit cap and stack SP.

THEY MADE IT EASY FOR YOU

+ Reply to Thread