+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Neddra's Torture in raids

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default Neddra's Torture in raids

    I've seen a lot of rotations using Neddra's Torture (bluedots included) in the 28/38 necro/lock spec. But I've also heard that it shouldn't be used in Raids because it overwrites other abilities (cleric debuff, which increase magical damage taken by 7%)

    What do you think, should it be used in raids, or is it just pointless?

    What rotation should I use instead?

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pattie View Post
    I've seen a lot of rotations using Neddra's Torture (bluedots included) in the 28/38 necro/lock spec. But I've also heard that it shouldn't be used in Raids because it overwrites other abilities (cleric debuff, which increase magical damage taken by 7%)

    What do you think, should it be used in raids, or is it just pointless?

    What rotation should I use instead?
    Raiding mage who want to keep their DPS spots don't use Bluedot's advertisement funded guides because they are not effective. Neddra's Torture is 100% useless to DPS no matter what content you are engaged in.



    THERE ARE COMBAT DUMMIES FOR A REASON

  3. #3
    RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfMePlease View Post
    Raiding mage who want to keep their DPS spots don't use Bluedot's advertisement funded guides because they are not effective. Neddra's Torture is 100% useless to DPS no matter what content you are engaged in.



    THERE ARE COMBAT DUMMIES FOR A REASON
    I started on advertisement its true.. I made almost enough money to pay for my server costs.. almost. I have now transitioned to donations. I am sorry this offends you.

    That being said you are completely wrong. Neddra's Torture does not stack with Cleric's Clinging Spirit which is applied by Soul Drain. Soul Drain is an AoE ability, that is only used in a specific Cleric spec, that does gimp damage on Single Target fights.
    Neddra's Torture is absolutely useful if you cannot reliably maintain Clinging Spirits. Clinging Spirits is the best option because it is 7% as opposed to 3%, so if your composition allows use Clinging Spirit. You will need to decide which to use based on your raid composition.
    Also keep in mind that only one mage will ever need to use Neddra's Torture since it obviously does not stack with itself.



    NOW YOU KNOW, AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE
    (the more you knooooow)
    Last edited by bluedot; 08-25-2011 at 03:19 PM.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    That being said you are completely wrong. Neddra's Torture does not stack with Cleric's Clinging Spirit which is applied by Soul Drain. Soul Drain is an AoE ability, that is only used in a specific Cleric spec, that does gimp damage on Single Target fights.
    Neddra's Torture is absolutely useful if you cannot reliably maintain Clinging Spirits. Clinging Spirits is the best option because it is 7% as opposed to 3%, so if your composition allows use Clinging Spirit. You will need to decide which to use based on your raid composition.
    Also keep in mind that only one mage will ever need to use Neddra's Torture since it obviously does not stack with itself.

    NOW YOU KNOW, AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE
    (the more you knooooow)
    You don't consider a shamicar raid effective? Soul drain still works, albeit not max dos, but with the amount of magic users in a raid I find it hard to believe having one clinging spirit cleric a dps loss.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bounci View Post
    You don't consider a shamicar raid effective? Soul drain still works, albeit not max dos, but with the amount of magic users in a raid I find it hard to believe having one clinging spirit cleric a dps loss.
    Bounci you are certainly getting more Bounci with every post.



    BLUE I LIKE THE WAY YOU HANDLE YER SHIFT KEY I'M TOTALLY GETTING ALL HAWT RIGHT NOW

    BUT YOUR STRATS AND SPECS ARE NOT GOOD AS MINE

  6. #6
    Rift Master A Mage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfMePlease View Post
    Bounci you are certainly getting more Bounci with every post.



    BLUE I LIKE THE WAY YOU HANDLE YER SHIFT KEY I'M TOTALLY GETTING ALL HAWT RIGHT NOW

    BUT YOUR STRATS AND SPECS ARE NOT GOOD AS MINE
    Post your build, and I'll parse it.



    WHY DO YOU ALWAYS PUT THE BULB FACE AND TALK IN CAPS AT THE END OF EVERY POST YOU MAKE?
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    Post your build, and I'll parse it.



    WHY DO YOU ALWAYS PUT THE BULB FACE AND TALK IN CAPS AT THE END OF EVERY POST YOU MAKE?
    My build is already posted. I run 33/33 like a pr0.



    SAME REASON I POLISH MY SWORD

    SO I CAN SEE MYSELF IN IT

  8. #8
    Rift Master A Mage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfMePlease View Post
    My build is already posted. I run 33/33 like a pr0.



    SAME REASON I POLISH MY SWORD

    SO I CAN SEE MYSELF IN IT
    Post your build, and I'll parse it.

    With a link.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    Post your build, and I'll parse it.

    With a link.
    Link



    DON'T STOP BABE I WASN'T FINISHED WITH YOUR SHIFT KEY

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfMePlease View Post
    Link



    DON'T STOP BABE I WASN'T FINISHED WITH YOUR SHIFT KEY
    Whats the point in getting oppotunity? Abilities in that spec have a cast time of 1.5 secs (Void Bolt, Leech Life). With the GCD of 1.5secs, just seems pointless to get this, there'll be no dps increase from this (even with Burning Purpose the dps increase is minimal)

    Surely you'd want Magical Affinity so you can build charge easier and soul purge more often?

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pattie View Post
    Whats the point in getting oppotunity? Abilities in that spec have a cast time of 1.5 secs (Void Bolt, Leech Life). With the GCD of 1.5secs, just seems pointless to get this, there'll be no dps increase from this (even with Burning Purpose the dps increase is minimal)

    Surely you'd want Magical Affinity so you can build charge easier and soul purge more often?
    I raid HK.



    BUT I'VE NEVER KILLED A RAID MOB ON PAPER SO YOU TELL ME HOW IT WORKS ON PAPER

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default hmm

    I am not expert with necrolocks but i thought that if you were in a raid setting you didnt need to have 3/3 imp VB cause the archon cast speed boost put you at 1.5. I thought you could get away with 2/3
    Last edited by paintjunkie; 08-25-2011 at 11:02 PM.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paintjunkie View Post
    I am not expert with necrolocks but i thought that if you were in a raid setting you didnt need to have 3/3 imp VB cause the archon cast speed boost put you at 1.5. I thought you could get away with 2/3
    It's purely for the dummy and for lack of any useful place to put the point.



    33/33 IS ALL PASSIVE THEN, BAM! IT RAPES YER PARSE WHILE SHOUTING SUPPRIZE (I said parse perv)

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default aight

    fair enough

  15. #15
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paintjunkie View Post
    I am not expert with necrolocks but i thought that if you were in a raid setting you didnt need to have 3/3 imp VB cause the archon cast speed boost put you at 1.5. I thought you could get away with 2/3
    I don't know if RIFT rounds its cast times or not (the tooltip certainly is), but 2/3 void bolt + BP puts void bolt at 1.512s cast time.

    (no, they don't stack additively)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts