+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Neddra's Torture in raids

Soulwalker

Default Neddra's Torture in raids

I've seen a lot of rotations using Neddra's Torture (bluedots included) in the 28/38 necro/lock spec. But I've also heard that it shouldn't be used in Raids because it overwrites other abilities (cleric debuff, which increase magical damage taken by 7%)

What do you think, should it be used in raids, or is it just pointless?

What rotation should I use instead?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by pattie View Post
    I've seen a lot of rotations using Neddra's Torture (bluedots included) in the 28/38 necro/lock spec. But I've also heard that it shouldn't be used in Raids because it overwrites other abilities (cleric debuff, which increase magical damage taken by 7%)

What do you think, should it be used in raids, or is it just pointless?

What rotation should I use instead?
    Raiding mage who want to keep their DPS spots don't use Bluedot's advertisement funded guides because they are not effective. Neddra's Torture is 100% useless to DPS no matter what content you are engaged in.

THERE ARE COMBAT DUMMIES FOR A REASON

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NerfMePlease View Post
    Raiding mage who want to keep their DPS spots don't use Bluedot's advertisement funded guides because they are not effective. Neddra's Torture is 100% useless to DPS no matter what content you are engaged in.

THERE ARE COMBAT DUMMIES FOR A REASON
    I started on advertisement its true.. I made almost enough money to pay for my server costs.. almost. I have now transitioned to donations. I am sorry this offends you.

That being said you are completely wrong. Neddra's Torture does not stack with Cleric's Clinging Spirit which is applied by Soul Drain. Soul Drain is an AoE ability, that is only used in a specific Cleric spec, that does gimp damage on Single Target fights.
    Neddra's Torture is absolutely useful if you cannot reliably maintain Clinging Spirits. Clinging Spirits is the best option because it is 7% as opposed to 3%, so if your composition allows use Clinging Spirit. You will need to decide which to use based on your raid composition.
    Also keep in mind that only one mage will ever need to use Neddra's Torture since it obviously does not stack with itself.

NOW YOU KNOW, AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE
    (the more you knooooow)
    Last edited by bluedot; 08-25-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    That being said you are completely wrong. Neddra's Torture does not stack with Cleric's Clinging Spirit which is applied by Soul Drain. Soul Drain is an AoE ability, that is only used in a specific Cleric spec, that does gimp damage on Single Target fights.
    Neddra's Torture is absolutely useful if you cannot reliably maintain Clinging Spirits. Clinging Spirits is the best option because it is 7% as opposed to 3%, so if your composition allows use Clinging Spirit. You will need to decide which to use based on your raid composition.
    Also keep in mind that only one mage will ever need to use Neddra's Torture since it obviously does not stack with itself.

NOW YOU KNOW, AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE
    (the more you knooooow)
    You don't consider a shamicar raid effective? Soul drain still works, albeit not max dos, but with the amount of magic users in a raid I find it hard to believe having one clinging spirit cleric a dps loss.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bounci View Post
    You don't consider a shamicar raid effective? Soul drain still works, albeit not max dos, but with the amount of magic users in a raid I find it hard to believe having one clinging spirit cleric a dps loss.
    Bounci you are certainly getting more Bounci with every post.

BLUE I LIKE THE WAY YOU HANDLE YER SHIFT KEY I'M TOTALLY GETTING ALL HAWT RIGHT NOW

BUT YOUR STRATS AND SPECS ARE NOT GOOD AS MINE

Bounci you are certainly getting more Bounci with every post.

BLUE I LIKE THE WAY YOU HANDLE YER SHIFT KEY I'M TOTALLY GETTING ALL HAWT RIGHT NOW

BUT YOUR STRATS AND SPECS ARE NOT GOOD AS MINE
    Post your build, and I'll parse it.

WHY DO YOU ALWAYS PUT THE BULB FACE AND TALK IN CAPS AT THE END OF EVERY POST YOU MAKE?
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post

WHY DO YOU ALWAYS PUT THE BULB FACE AND TALK IN CAPS AT THE END OF EVERY POST YOU MAKE?
    My build is already posted. I run 33/33 like a pr0.

SAME REASON I POLISH MY SWORD

SO I CAN SEE MYSELF IN IT

My build is already posted. I run 33/33 like a pr0.

SAME REASON I POLISH MY SWORD

SO I CAN SEE MYSELF IN IT

With a link.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post

With a link.
    Link

DON'T STOP BABE I WASN'T FINISHED WITH YOUR SHIFT KEY

Soulwalker

Link

DON'T STOP BABE I WASN'T FINISHED WITH YOUR SHIFT KEY
    Whats the point in getting oppotunity? Abilities in that spec have a cast time of 1.5 secs (Void Bolt, Leech Life). With the GCD of 1.5secs, just seems pointless to get this, there'll be no dps increase from this (even with Burning Purpose the dps increase is minimal)

Surely you'd want Magical Affinity so you can build charge easier and soul purge more often?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by pattie View Post
    Whats the point in getting oppotunity? Abilities in that spec have a cast time of 1.5 secs (Void Bolt, Leech Life). With the GCD of 1.5secs, just seems pointless to get this, there'll be no dps increase from this (even with Burning Purpose the dps increase is minimal)

Surely you'd want Magical Affinity so you can build charge easier and soul purge more often?
    I raid HK.

BUT I'VE NEVER KILLED A RAID MOB ON PAPER SO YOU TELL ME HOW IT WORKS ON PAPER

Shadowlander

Default hmm

I am not expert with necrolocks but i thought that if you were in a raid setting you didnt need to have 3/3 imp VB cause the archon cast speed boost put you at 1.5. I thought you could get away with 2/3
    Last edited by paintjunkie; 08-25-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by paintjunkie View Post
    I am not expert with necrolocks but i thought that if you were in a raid setting you didnt need to have 3/3 imp VB cause the archon cast speed boost put you at 1.5. I thought you could get away with 2/3
    It's purely for the dummy and for lack of any useful place to put the point.

33/33 IS ALL PASSIVE THEN, BAM! IT RAPES YER PARSE WHILE SHOUTING SUPPRIZE (I said parse perv)

Shadowlander

Default aight

fair enough

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by paintjunkie View Post
    I don't know if RIFT rounds its cast times or not (the tooltip certainly is), but 2/3 void bolt + BP puts void bolt at 1.512s cast time.

(no, they don't stack additively)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast