+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage Leveling Question

Telaran

Default Mage Leveling Question

I've been leveling my mage as a necromancer / warlock and am currently level 33. Can anybody suggest another build for me to use while leveling? Also, any viable builds for PvP at this level bracket? Thanks for any replies in advance!

NewportBox

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by NeqwportBox View Post
    I've been leveling my mage as a necromancer / warlock and am currently level 33. Can anybody suggest another build for me to use while leveling? Also, any viable builds for PvP at this level bracket? Thanks for any replies in advance!

NewportBox
    For PvE:
    http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/mage-leveling-specs/

What are you trying to accomplish, or what don't you like about Necrolock?

Telaran

It really doesn't get much better than necrolock for PVE at that level. Ele works too, but seems to lag behind necrolock.

if you have a leveling partner you can pretty much be whatever you want. It really does help for solo to have that pet.

Shadowlander

Neckro Lock with 8 points in chloro works great for most things. I did Necro/Chloro when I wanted t solo elites. But the Necrto/Lock can ae 4-5 mobs non stop. Best I found for leveling. I also heard Elem are good for solo elites, but I didn't find it as fast for normal mobs.

For PVP, Chloro lock combination. You have to live to do damage.

Telaran

Ty for all of the replies to the post. I'm not really having issues with nec/lock, just getting bored with it It really is easy mode lol. I'm going to try to reassign a few of my points, I have nearly the same lock builds Thanks again!

NewportBox

Rift Chaser

I recommend this spec here.

First usable @25
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvwq.ce.xxckmzk

This is the level 35 version
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvwq.ce0hzam.xxckmzk

I know this is similar to the necro/lock build but if you play it right its so much fun and the XP from grinding(if you don't mind it which is easy with how fun and fast this is) is better then questing due to so much running back and fourth. I made this build at 27 and went from 27-30 in less then 2 hours(with no rested).

Basic strategy is this. Find a place with a bunch of mobs your level or slightly higher, mostly melee.

Cast spells in this order
    Essence Link > Necrosis > Dark Touch

Your pet will attack that target hence the Essence link, now after that change your rotation to this.
    Life Leech* > Necrosis > Dark Touch

Only cast life leech if Opportunity procs, if it doesn't cast those 2 dots and move to the next target.

When you got 2-5 mobs on you use Draining bolt for some extra health, then drop Grave Rot+Devouring Shadows and AoE them down while they kill themselves on your warlock armor. After most are dead use Soul Purge to heal yourself as needed.

Done right you can pull 4-5 mobs nonstop and kill them in record time ending in full HP and 80% mana. Just use Sacrifice Life: Mana to full and reconstruct with remaining charge and continue. I use the tanking pet so I don't have to babysit him as much but DPS pet should also work.

Hope that helps

Telaran

Raitoken - You nailed it right on the head. I was having trouble explaining the issue I was having is that of being bored while questing / etc. My main is a full-on raid geared rogue, and I usually tank or bard. The leveling with my mage just seemed.. slow. (And boring) It's probably because I am repeating the same quests over / etc.. I would roll Guardian, (I'm a Defiant lol) but I need another 50 so I can fill multiple class roles (as in different classes) within my guild / coalition's raids. I will try your suggestion immediately. Tysm!

NewportBox

(EDIT : Does having Elementalist as a third role play any factors in this? Or is it just a filler? I'm currently using Chloromancer for my third, for the radiant spores)

(EDIT PART DEUX: Any suggestions for a PvP spec? Anybody? Thanks for all of the help thus far, you guys are great!)
    Last edited by NeqwportBox; 08-28-2011 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Oh so many edits, story of my life =P

Telaran

Ignore my first edit, I need to learn how to read :P

+ Reply to Thread