+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: My Domi PvP Spec/Rotation/Macro

  1. #1
    Plane Walker Riftrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default My Domi PvP Spec/Rotation/Macro

    I would like to get feedback as I try to learn Domi PvP.

    here is the spec I am using: (41 Domi / 20 Chloro / 4 PvP)

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...kqMfk.xdchch.x

    Macros:

    #show Nature's Cleansing
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Deny
    cast Nature's Cleansing

    #show Radiant Spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Stream of Reclamation

    #show Neural Prod
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ruin
    cast Haunting Pain
    cast Storm Shackle
    cast Neural Prod

    #show Mental Shock
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Mental Shock
    cast Death's Edict

    #show Reflective Presence
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Reflective Presence

    Key Binds:

    Bar1: 1-=
    Bar2: C-1 - C-=
    Bar3: S1 - S=

    I use a 5 button mouse my thumb has 2 buttons one is Control and the other is Shift.

    1- Transmogrify
    2- Macro (Spores+Stream)
    3- Macro (Haunting Pain + Storm Shackle + Prod)
    4- Macro (Mental shock + Deaths Edict)
    5- Thunder Blast
    6- Transference
    7- Traitorous Influence
    8- Incompetence
    9- Accelerated Decay
    0- Bloom
    - - flourish
    = - Vile Spore

    C1 - Break Free
    C2 - Macro (Deny + Cleansing)
    C3 - Macro (Reflective @self)
    C4 - Aresting Presence
    C5 - Void Shroud
    C6 - priest's Lament
    C7 - Split Personality
    C8 - Natural Conversion
    C9 - N/A
    C0 - Healing Pot
    C- - N/A
    C= 1 N/A

    S1 - Reflective Command
    S2 - Wild Abandon
    S3 - Mana Wrench
    S4 - Grasping Void
    S5 - Mass Exhaustion
    S6 - Withering Vine

    Still trying to get the hang of things but right now without Split I hardly tickle people.

    Prod spam is a freaking joke it dose not hurt any one.

    After I debuff the target and if Split is on CD how exactly am I supposed to kill any one assuming they have a brain and stand still through Shackle?

    Can't down healers, or casters, melee clerics cant even bring them below 60%, the only ones I can kite are Warriors and Rogues.

  2. #2
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    647

    Default

    You really need to not be using those macros (bar reflective @ self)

    Squirrel -> then use abilities like Storm Shackle, Natures Touch, Natures Fury TI to cause dmg.

    Cover Incompetence and TI on Clerics with Haunting Pain, and mana drain them.

    Go higher up in Chloro to get essence surge, don't go higher in Domi unless you go all the way to 51. When higher prestige ranks, you can drop some Chloro for Archmage to up your dmg as per preference.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...k.xdIusI00Ro.b

    Don't use the numbers 1-=, it's way to clumsy unless you have gorilla hands. Instead, movement keys either WASD or ESDF, unbind all the surrounding keys from game menu functions and reassign game menu functions to the right hand side of your keyboard.

    Eg I use WASD to move, so QERTFZXCVB, CTRL-QERTFZXCVB and SHIFT-QERTFZXCVB and 12345 are all bound to abilities. Major abilities like Squirrel go on easy to reach keys like Q, Natures Touch on E, Storm Shackle on 3, etc. Cooldowns like Spilt Personality go on stuff such as Shift-X

    It's a bit like learning to play an instrument, at first you aren't sure what to press and it feels awkward, as you commit to muscle memory reaction time improves until you can cast completely random sequences without delay, and then you're only limited by your ability to process what's going on and to chose the best abilities to use per situation.

    Dom/Chloro requires the most hotkey bound abilities in the game. If you want to start new binds with something easier, you can try something like 51 Warlock that requires less bound abilities to break it in.

    Rightmouse should be bound to turn, and your A and D equivalents to strafe left and right.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Riftrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    I would like to get feedback as I try to learn Domi PvP.

    here is the spec I am using: (41 Domi / 20 Chloro / 4 PvP)

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...kqMfk.xdchch.x

    Macros:

    #show Nature's Cleansing
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Deny
    cast Nature's Cleansing

    #show Radiant Spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Stream of Reclamation

    #show Neural Prod
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ruin
    cast Haunting Pain
    cast Storm Shackle
    cast Neural Prod

    #show Mental Shock
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Mental Shock
    cast Death's Edict

    #show Reflective Presence
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Reflective Presence

    Key Binds:

    Bar1: 1-=
    Bar2: C-1 - C-=
    Bar3: S1 - S=

    I use a 5 button mouse my thumb has 2 buttons one is Control and the other is Shift.

    1- Transmogrify
    2- Macro (Spores+Stream)
    3- Macro (Haunting Pain + Storm Shackle + Prod)
    4- Macro (Mental shock + Deaths Edict)
    5- Thunder Blast
    6- Transference
    7- Traitorous Influence
    8- Incompetence
    9- Accelerated Decay
    0- Bloom
    - - flourish
    = - Vile Spore

    C1 - Break Free
    C2 - Macro (Deny + Cleansing)
    C3 - Macro (Reflective @self)
    C4 - Aresting Presence
    C5 - Void Shroud
    C6 - priest's Lament
    C7 - Split Personality
    C8 - Natural Conversion
    C9 - N/A
    C0 - Healing Pot
    C- - N/A
    C= 1 N/A

    S1 - Reflective Command
    S2 - Wild Abandon
    S3 - Mana Wrench
    S4 - Grasping Void
    S5 - Mass Exhaustion
    S6 - Withering Vine

    Still trying to get the hang of things but right now without Split I hardly tickle people.

    Prod spam is a freaking joke it dose not hurt any one.

    After I debuff the target and if Split is on CD how exactly am I supposed to kill any one assuming they have a brain and stand still through Shackle?

    Can't down healers, or casters, melee clerics cant even bring them below 60%, the only ones I can kite are Warriors and Rogues.
    I've changed some of the macros:

    #show Neural Prod
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Haunting Pain
    cast Storm Shackle
    cast Neural Prod


    #show Radiant Spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Ruin
    cast Stream of Reclamation
    cast Vile Spore

    Finding the build devastating against clerics now as it drains them dry. Control against melee is nice especially when using Incompetence. I like Incompetence so much I wounder 5/5 would be worth it or not?

    Radiant Spores + Traitorous I. is really nice.

    I actually started using Prod now when target is getting away.

    lol at Pyro killing the selves on reflect.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    #show Neural Prod
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ruin
    cast Haunting Pain
    cast Storm Shackle
    cast Neural Prod
    wtf.. haunting pain??

    so many bad doms using haunting pain. do you guys have 800 spell power or something? haunting pain suxxxx

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Riftrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    wtf.. haunting pain??

    so many bad doms using haunting pain. do you guys have 800 spell power or something? haunting pain suxxxx
    Thank you for the contribution, mages are much more informed now and have become better because the of this insight.

    To date Warrior forums have been the best I have seen in Rift. Many player dedicating time and effort to better the community and share knowledge and experience.

    Yet these forums have had many new mages asking for help with Domi PvP and all we get are comments like yours.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    Thank you for the contribution, mages are much more informed now and have become better because the of this insight.

    To date Warrior forums have been the best I have seen in Rift. Many player dedicating time and effort to better the community and share knowledge and experience.

    Yet these forums have had many new mages asking for help with Domi PvP and all we get are comments like yours.
    You are welcome. Haunting pain is terrible and I am glad to have helped you in your quest to be better.

    Incidentally, if you look back a few pages you will find a dom/chloro/am build with macros I posted. It received many pages of comments and has a lot of good information in it.

    Good day.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Riftrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    You are welcome. Haunting pain is terrible and I am glad to have helped you in your quest to be better.

    Incidentally, if you look back a few pages you will find a dom/chloro/am build with macros I posted. It received many pages of comments and has a lot of good information in it.

    Good day.
    You could have just said that lol

    Nice guide by the way thx

    For those who want the link:

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-w-macros.html

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    You could have just said that lol
    how can I troll people if I'm nice all the time though..

  9. #9
    Ascendant lol r u mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    haunting pain has its uses, primarily as a dispel buffer for better spells you don't want cleansed. I don't think there's anything wrong with macro'ing some of the skills either, namely the Chloro "nukes", as they are just filler. Don't get in the habit of putting SS, TI or anything like that into a macro though

    http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    You are welcome. Haunting pain is terrible and I am glad to have helped you in your quest to be better.

    Incidentally, if you look back a few pages you will find a dom/chloro/am build with macros I posted. It received many pages of comments and has a lot of good information in it.

    Good day.
    Haunting Pain does have a place in some rotations vs some players in some circumstances.

    If you are up against a very good player that will recognize SS and TI and will Purge them as soon as they hit, it may be worthwhile to drop on HP first to eat up the purges.

    In my experience though, I am not good enough to accurately assess those situations, so I have dropped HP to a rarely used button.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts