+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dominator PvP Options

Default Dominator PvP Options

I see some playing pure Domi, some opting for more in other souls, could some one highlight the pros and cons and maybe share some of the specs?

Also any other thoughts on how to play it 1v1 would help against various classes.

I'm one of those, playing Dom only as 51. Pairing this with Overload from the AM tree makes sure your stuff hits hard and you get the most out of it. With 0 Archon you get some additional buffs and a not to sneeze at nuke, that is Pillaging Stone.

This is a group spec. You have no way to heal yourself or shield yourself. You can still kill someone 1on1 if you manage to completely shut him down and kill him. It's very risky and not exactly effective.

That being said, it's kind of obvious why people pair Dom with other souls. Dom/Chloro brings your survivability on a whole new level for instance. You're losing some control power but gain loads of survivability, ideal for oPVP or disoriented pugs where you're practically on your own.

Then there are things like Dom/Pyro or Dom/SC. The former uses Dom for control (as always, who would have thought?) and puts the casting time reduction Dom offers to optimal use. Paired with SC you get the same benefits plus making on of your strongest dmg spells from Dom (Storm Shackle) even stronger by bringing SC air dmg increases.

I think that's pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    I'm one of those, playing Dom only as 51. Pairing this with Overload from the AM tree makes sure your stuff hits hard and you get the most out of it. With 0 Archon you get some additional buffs and a not to sneeze at nuke, that is Pillaging Stone.

This is a group spec. You have no way to heal yourself or shield yourself. You can still kill someone 1on1 if you manage to completely shut him down and kill him. It's very risky and not exactly effective.

That being said, it's kind of obvious why people pair Dom with other souls. Dom/Chloro brings your survivability on a whole new level for instance. You're losing some control power but gain loads of survivability, ideal for oPVP or disoriented pugs where you're practically on your own.

Then there are things like Dom/Pyro or Dom/SC. The former uses Dom for control (as always, who would have thought?) and puts the casting time reduction Dom offers to optimal use. Paired with SC you get the same benefits plus making on of your strongest dmg spells from Dom (Storm Shackle) even stronger by bringing SC air dmg increases.

this basically sums up dom and all its aspects, great job

51 for group premades and if your solo or in pug ques id recomend dom/offsoul to your liking
    Last edited by Dubsack; 08-25-2011 at 06:43 AM.
    The artist formally known as Dubs

Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post

Other than that you can run domlock with even more CC and some extra survival, damage and healing at the cost of MB and mental shock.

I really liked Dom SC but it did require a bit of healer attention.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

+ Reply to Thread