+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necro/warlock rotation feedback.

Soulwalker

Default Necro/warlock rotation feedback.

Tell me if this is a good rotation for single mob battles.

1. Necrosis
    2.Looming Demise
    3.Dark Touch
    4. Grave rot
    5. Void bolt x2
    6. Soul Purge

I dont know if this is a good rotation, plz give some feedback with some rotations you may use while soloing or dungeon/raid.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Valakas View Post

1. Necrosis
    2.Looming Demise
    3.Dark Touch
    4. Grave rot
    5. Void bolt x2
    6. Soul Purge

I dont know if this is a good rotation, plz give some feedback with some rotations you may use while soloing or dungeon/raid.
    It would help to know your spec. I am not sure why you void bolt twice. Also throwing in a life leech that gets refreshed would be beneficial.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Soulwalker

srry i wasnt able to load it, im only lvl 38 and this is what im planning at lvl 50.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Vuoks.eeMhoVVh

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Valakas View Post

1. Necrosis
    2.Looming Demise
    3.Dark Touch
    4. Grave rot
    5. Void bolt x2
    6. Soul Purge

Well since you have Warlock in there I would suggest using Life Leech first since it heals you for a portion of the damage you're doing, followed by DoTs in order of how long they last, followed by VB to refresh LL if necessary, or if mob is dead or almost dead you can just spam VB I guess until it's dead - better spam DD than Plague Bolt I think, right? I mean PB is good for Deathly Calling stacks but for spamming something I'd go for VB. Looming Demise doesn't do damage, it's just a debuff, so I wouldn't bother a GCD with it on trash mobs. Grave rot is an AoE so I wouldn't do that for single mobs rotation - if you're AoEing there are other spells you'd want to throw in there as well anyway. Soul Purge I'd save for when you or your pet need the healing.

So I could be wrong, someone let me know. But this is what I'd do anyway for single mob soloing or trash mobs... would need a different rotation for AoEing and for bosses. Here are the two options though...

Life Leech>Necrosis>Dark Touch>Spam VB until mob is dead (if near death which I think most trash mobs would be).
    But for mobs with more HP or bosses of some type or anything that isn't dying with the first rotation:
    Life Leech>Necrosis>Dark Touch> 1xVB>Plague Bolt x5>refresh things as necessary>spam VB when you have nothing else to do.

If you had Neddra's Torture I would suggest putting that up first because it increases your dps and has a pretty short CD.

My necrolock isn't at 50 yet so someone tell me if I'm way off base here, but based on past MMO experience I'm making an educated guess here lol.

Soulwalker

well i really dont care for life leech since its waste of my time when i can cast VB, the reason for the AoE Grave rot is it builds deathly calling, if i use Looming demise which will increase my pets damaging abilities.

Telaran

LOL What is this. Don't listen to these people.

Read your tool tips and learn your build, but here is some help.

You can spec to refresh Life Leech with voidbolt for free DPS if you time void bolt correctly.

Soul Purge(necro) is your highest DPS gain on par with Defile(warlock)

When the fight starts you hit the dots that increase pet damage, necrosis, looming and grave rot. Followed by dark touch and life leech. Then get your charge up with void bolt and at around 80-90(don't wait till 100) hit soul purge/defile.

But try it out yourself see what is best. Never under any circumstances spec into plague bolt or use it.

lgw

Necro/Lock doesn't have a rotation, it has a priority system.
    Look up my recent posts, explained it multiple times the last days.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Rift Chaser

As the above poster mentioned, you can't use a static rotation with necrolock, because it has a priority system. I would make a flowchart for it, but I'm sure it would be messy.

Life Leech is nothing but an increase in dps if you use the 35/31 warlock/necro spec. You will want to start casting void bolt when LL has 3 seconds left, usually. The only part of my necrolock playstyle that is static is the soul purge portion, and this is because of the cast time and travel time of void bolt, which limits the effective duration of life leech to around 8 seconds - Enough for a full soul purge.

So, what I do is: When Necrosis and Dark Touch both have 10+ seconds left, I cast void bolt, then use a full soul purge, then void bolt again, before refreshing necrosis and dark touch. Any gaps (Usually not more than 3-4 seconds) between the second void bolt and dot refreshing is also filled with void bolt. From past experience, I find that this allows maximum uptime of soul purge, while not letting any dots drop off, which is the ideal way to play necrolock.

(EDIT: Ah, this is assuming raid scenario, where we usually have the archon keep DC stacks up for the 2 or 3 necrolocks. If you are talking about 5 mans or just world mobs, then quite a lot of this is irrelevant.)
    Last edited by Void Seraphi; 08-24-2011 at 05:11 PM.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

+ Reply to Thread