+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: two things recently irking me

Default two things recently irking me

first off... break free... makes you immune to all control affects after you use it.. aside from when its bugged and u get hit witha stun or something immediately after hitting it.. it works generaly

however... to show just how biased this game is against mages... it doesnt protect you from pushback or interrupts... it should at least make you immune to interrupts for the duration

secondly.... just how terrible mages scale with gear... wen i was in r3 r4 gear i could solo ANYONE with my lock chloro build, worst that would happen is me not being able to burst a healer down but who the f could as a mage post 1.3..

but now.. that everybody and their mom is r6,7,8
    i do much worse... im r7 atm and have 1100 valor and 1200 spellpower
    but never have i done LESS dmg
    rogues take less, warrior fotm takes less, healers take less

and now inquisitors are making me look stupid with stronger dots, more instants on shorter cooldowns, stronger self heals, better burst.. and they have the privilege of wearing chain
    i ifnd myself los'ing and reconstructing and dispelling the whole fight because inquisitor dmg smokes mine

idk wtf needs to happen but trion needs to give mage pure dmg builds more surivability..
    and look at how weak mage damage over time effects are in high valor pvp

at 1200 sp my dots are a joke, my void bolts are a joke my one stun is a 4 talent pt joke

heres the facts jack...

dots are easily healed thru, non bursty, dispellable, and many melee builds have multiple magic immunities and negations...

therefor dot dmg over should have a srs overhauling....

im thinking WoW pre resilience effecting dot effects

until then we're a squishy target with yawnable dmg

..so yea.
    Last edited by Rift Stinker; 08-24-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Honestly, I'm indifferent with the dot damage on my warlock spells. I run 51 warlock, so the damage I do is pretty decent, usually hitting over 100 a tick.

Sure, that's not very high, but the duration of the ticks make it do a decent amount of damage, and coupled with void bolt spam, it's pretty good.

would I be happy if they hit harder? Sure. Would I be upset if they hit lower? Probably.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

I'm pwning people left and right in all my specs. I'm able to heal the crap out of my buddies as Chlorolock (I do a lot of dmg, too. Well, you have to.. you know the whole dmg-to-healing thing), I wipe whole groups as 51WL, especially if they have only weak healing. I'm facemelting people as 44 SC and screwing up a whole freaking group of healers as 51 Dom.

Getting better gear does make a difference. A HUGE one actually. 1600 SP gets the job done.

Mages are very very strong in PVP. There is nothing to complain about. Well, maybe not having such an outstanding healing debuff like warriors. But that is true for all dps classes besides those low int berserks ;)

Wait for those weapons and all that comes alongside them and if you're still not satisfied, the problem might be your spec or your play style.

Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    I'm pwning people left and right in all my specs. I'm able to heal the crap out of my buddies as Chlorolock (I do a lot of dmg, too. Well, you have to.. you know the whole dmg-to-healing thing), I wipe whole groups as 51WL, especially if they have only weak healing. I'm facemelting people as 44 SC and screwing up a whole freaking group of healers as 51 Dom.

Getting better gear does make a difference. A HUGE one actually. 1600 SP gets the job done.

Mages are very very strong in PVP. There is nothing to complain about. Well, maybe not having such an outstanding healing debuff like warriors. But that is true for all dps classes besides those low int berserks ;)

Wait for those weapons and all that comes alongside them and if you're still not satisfied, the problem might be your spec or your play style.
    how r u hitting 1600? a powerstone?

and all those specs r fun until your focus'd at that point on chlorolock works

lol, work on your gear, as a chloro hybrid you should be at or around 2045 spell power around 80% of the time, other wise 1940 as a non chloro. At R3/R4 there wasnt a massive gear disparity from 6. Now 6/7 doesnt hold a candle to 8.

Prophet of Telara

When you increase a squishy char's survivability by 40%*, what happens? Now when you increase a warr/cleric's survivability by 40%?

I don't need more survivability--I need more damage to counter yours.

*(read: 1000 valor)
    Last edited by Kazzin; 08-26-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    When you increase a squishy char's survivability by 40%*, what happens? Now when you increase a warr/cleric's survivability by 40%?

I don't need more survivability--I need more damage to counter yours.

*(read: 1000 valor)
    Look one post up, we have the damage.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sao like Mayo View Post
    Look one post up, we have the damage.
    Cool story bro.

I have 1600sp unbuffed. My fireballs hit people for 500. The damage is not there.

Cool story bro.

I have 1600sp unbuffed. My fireballs hit people for 500. The damage is not there.
    Maybe Pyro sucks? Basically, the nicest way I can put it, dont use Pyro, get better gear, and don't put yourself in fights you cant win.

Prophet of Telara

Maybe Pyro sucks? Basically, the nicest way I can put it, dont use Pyro, get better gear, and don't put yourself in fights you cant win.
    Get better gear? Can you read?

Get better gear? Can you read?
    Yeah, I can, 1600 SP is low. Can you read?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by sao like mayo View Post
    yeah, i can, 1600 sp is low. Can you read?
    lol.

I 2 R ENJOY TROLLING
    Last edited by Kazzin; 08-26-2011 at 09:46 PM.

lol.

I 2 R ENJOY TROLLING
    Let me get this straight. You are saying we dont have the damage to compete with other classes. I am saying that we do have the damage to compete with other classes. I dont know how I can spell it out any better. WHEN YOU ARE FULLY ****ING GEARED, YOU WILL DO MORE DAMAGE THAN YOUR OPPONENT.

Prophet of Telara

Let me get this straight. You are saying we dont have the damage to compete with other classes. I am saying that we do have the damage to compete with other classes. I dont know how I can spell it out any better. WHEN YOU ARE FULLY ****ING GEARED, YOU WILL DO MORE DAMAGE THAN YOUR OPPONENT.
    If you think 1600sp isn't fully geared then you obviously don't play a mage. Go to your respective class forums plx.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast