+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Chloromancers Make Healers Useless.

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default Chloromancers Make Healers Useless.

    Can Chloromancers be tuned down, just a little bit? In PvE healing at least? Whenever I get a chloromancer in my random queues, I get annoyed at the fact that they'll keep everyone up with Vile Spores, and then brag that they did more healing than me.

    The other day, I was doing T2 Darkening Deeps. We had a chloro, and it was pretty much going as I described above. So, I decided to try an experiment. On the spider boss, I switched over to my dps set without telling anybody. We 1-shot the boss, and nobody died. And you know what's the icing on the cake? Our chloro went afk two times during the fight.

    I don't mind having support, but when chloros are full-fledged dps and heals, it gets a bit ridiculous. Tone chloros down, please.
    Last edited by Catperson; 08-23-2011 at 03:57 PM.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Tried asking the chloros to switch to DPS?

  3. #3
    Soulwalker Fohoga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Chloro's don't do good dps at all, and there healing was balanced in 1.3, I will admit that there healing is a little ridiculous, but some people don't even know how to play them.

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    733

    Default

    It's because t1's and 2's are an absolute joke since they nerfed them way back when. Chloromancer's can do great raid heals or great tank heals, if the chloro you're talking about was keeping the tank alive in LGV(raid healing veil, where vile spores is the main spell) then that simply means you had a geared tank or chloro or both. Clerics and mages both have viable DPS builds, if two healers aren't necessary, one of you should switch.

    Don't make the mistake of thinking chloro's are support healers, they are not. They are main healers like cleric healing builds, bards are support heals. A mage queueing as support CAN have some chloro in there, but really to be a "true" support build as a mage, there should be a lot of archon.

    edit: I just re-read the title of this thread, confirming that you do not think of chloros as healers, that is your first mistake.
    Last edited by ElusiveJones; 08-23-2011 at 04:30 PM.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default

    sounds like you had a over geared group in that t2 DD

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ominith View Post
    sounds like you had a over geared group in that t2 DD
    Yeah this.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4

    Default

    If you aren't losing out on any raids slots because of low healing, then calling for a nerf for pve heals to chloros is just gimping your own group imo. Don't let the ego get in the way too much of the overall goal.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Ravenevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Chloros ARE healers.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    edit: I just re-read the title of this thread, confirming that you do not think of chloros as healers, that is your first mistake.
    I never said this. Actually, I'm a firm believer that Chloros can be main healers.

    The problem is that full chloros can queue as support, and then keep everybody topped off just by doing damage. While I sit there playing on my iPhone.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Domey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catperson View Post
    Can Chloromancers be tuned down, just a little bit? In PvE healing at least? Whenever I get a chloromancer in my random queues, I get annoyed at the fact that they'll keep everyone up with Vile Spores, and then brag that they did more healing than me.

    The other day, I was doing T2 Darkening Deeps. We had a chloro, and it was pretty much going as I described above. So, I decided to try an experiment. On the spider boss, I switched over to my dps set without telling anybody. We 1-shot the boss, and nobody died. And you know what's the icing on the cake? Our chloro went afk two times during the fight.

    I don't mind having support, but when chloros are full-fledged dps and heals, it gets a bit ridiculous. Tone chloros down, please.
    I dont know if you realize this or not but chloros are main healers, they are not support. I myself as a chloro can solo heal every single boss in T2's its not that hard.

  11. #11
    Rift Master Guaritor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    673

    Default

    On the slim chance that this isn't just another troll (i'm way too naieve I know).


    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenevar View Post
    Chloros ARE healers.
    Yeah, what this guy said ^

    If you and a chloromancer are both healing an instance, your two-healing an instance. Chloromancers are a full fledged healing soul, intended to be on par with clerics in many ways (less versatile, but still capable of healing t2's solo, and good in raids)

  12. #12
    Ascendant Vyxagallanxchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catperson View Post

    I don't mind having support, but when chloros are full-fledged dps and heals, it gets a bit ridiculous. Tone chloros down, please.
    You cant really call chloro's DPS. They dont hit hard at all, the heals are only good because they take the damage a multiply it several times (for tank heals).
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catperson View Post
    I never said this. Actually, I'm a firm believer that Chloros can be main healers.

    The problem is that full chloros can queue as support, and then keep everybody topped off just by doing damage. While I sit there playing on my iPhone.
    .....Did everyone just ignore this comment?

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    324

    Default

    If you feel you are able to solo heal the dungeon, ask the support slot to switch to a full dps. They will usually be happy to oblige, and on the occasion that they aren't, well, C'est La Vie.

    You were running that instance with two healers, not a support and a healer, so of course they were able to keep everyone up.
    Last edited by Void Seraphi; 08-23-2011 at 05:31 PM.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    With a decent/semi decent tank a chloro can heal with minimal effort, so could a brick.
    A good tank needs very little heals, I've seen some of my guildies tank a t2 boss without a healer at all.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts