+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To AoE or Not AoE

Soulwalker

Default To AoE or Not AoE

I've noticed that a lot of people put things like Nature's Fury in their macros that otherwise contain a bunch of single target spells. From this, I'm assuming that AoEs, in PvP, are and should be cast regularly without consideration of CC--this would go for DoTs too I guess considering how often I've heard of warlocks DoTing everything in sight and calling it "making themselves useful". I've generally played this way with my mage in warfronts as well since they feel like spam-fests anyway. Is this actually a sensible way to play, though? Basically, should one worry about breaking CC, especially in warfronts, before casting or just spam away? I'm honestly curious. Good CC has been what makes or breaks people in PvP in every other MMO I've played but it's hard to tell if that's the case in Rift.

Telaran

Watch out for squirrels. Apart from that, the only other viable CCs are fear effects which make your targets run away so they are not prone to AoEs anyway. Generally CC is very weak in Rift and you don't have to worry much about this.

PS: Don't use DPS macros, it just makes you bad

+ Reply to Thread