Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Brod
  • 4 Post By OniGanon
  • 1 Post By sakkath
  • 2 Post By bluedot

Thread: Stop asking about dps

Soulwalker

Default Stop asking about dps

seriously...tired of reading these crap posts and threads about people looking for hints or want others to spoon feed them a spec, the best spec doesnt exist!
    it all depends on the player, the gear, the situation, the boss fight, EVERYTHING can be the best spec depending on YOU
    so stop being a baby and test your own stuff and stop asking for crap from others, actually BE A GOOD PLAYER.

-sincerely
    - a pissed off annoyed mage

p.s.
    lrn2play

Ascendant

So what your saying is to use fireball over lightning bolt?
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by oooleroy View Post
    seriously...tired of reading these crap posts and threads about people looking for hints or want others to spoon feed them a spec, the best spec doesnt exist!
    it all depends on the player, the gear, the situation, the boss fight, EVERYTHING can be the best spec depending on YOU
    so stop being a baby and test your own stuff and stop asking for crap from others, actually BE A GOOD PLAYER.

-sincerely

p.s.
    lrn2play
    And we are tired of you posting about others posting....
    p.s.
    its l2p, nub
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

Plane Touched

-sincerely

p.s.
    lrn2play
    Lock/Necro is the best spec. L2P oooleroy.
    Eldritch Knight Brod - 50 Mage Rank 8 Briarcliff

Telaran

Anyone worth their weight in.. dare I say it?... platinum, hehe, knows that you can't be given a spec and know. But if we don't discuss builds and contest eachothers builds, we may never squeeze out the most from this mage class.

Anyone here looking to be given a build without them figuring it out on their own are in for a serious let down. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that.

-sincerely

p.s.
    lrn2play
    I see nothing wrong with people looking to improve by learning by those that have gone before them. In fact I respect that quite a lot and will gladly answer any new mages questions to the best of my ability no matter how stupid.... I certainley don't go outside with a chisel and try re-inventing the wheel every time my car needs new tires, I go to people who know what they're doing.

As for the other aspect... there are actually only a few specific builds that are good, and each one is better for a specific purpose, so yeah, they have the right to ask.

Now, should people use the search function before asking questions? Sure, anyone who's spent time on MMO's or even just forums should know that part of forum etiquette, but i'd rather them ask here, then go in game, not have fun because they don't know what they're doing, and quit.

Your post is part of a much larger problem with the mage forums, the attitudes of posters here is much worse then the attitudes of the other calling's forums. No idea why that is, but it's something that needs to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    Your post is part of a much larger problem with the mage forums, the attitudes of posters here is much worse then the attitudes of the other calling's forums. No idea why that is, but it's something that needs to change.
    Part of that problem is that people take too much offense and just file things as trolling when they don't like it. Tell someone he's doing something wrong and lots of the times they jump into a defensive posture and immediately you're flagged as a troll.

People need to realise that when you're doing something wrong, YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING WRONG. Nothing wrong with admitting you don't know how to do something, or simply that you're bad. We're all bad at the start, but with practice and learning how things work you stop being bad and start being awesome instead.

Being human you're automatically at a disadvantage though, because people in general kinda suck. but why should that ****ing stop you?!
    Last edited by Pendu; 08-23-2011 at 02:13 PM.
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Telaran

I know, right? How dare people come onto a class forum asking for help and information about their class. What the hell are they thinking?

Shield of Telara

If reading forums upsets you so much might I suggest that you don't?

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Hot chicks like it when I tell them how to DPS.

Rift Disciple

Plz post your build, rotation, and parses when you post like this

Telaran

He prob got out dpsed by someone with gear a lot more crappy than his. So he blames the mage forums for people actually learning how to play their class.

pretty sure archon is top dps.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Champion

These threads make me laugh.

You're right, trying to share knowledge is the absolute worse thing that we could do in order to help the calling. And god forbid people try and become educated on the class (not that there's a lot of value on any public forums, but there's some).

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Hot chicks like it when I tell them how to DPS.
    lmao this is why i play a mage. Archon

+ Reply to Thread