+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro solo healing?

Default Chloro solo healing?

Hello

Made an alt and play it as chloro, love it so much that I play it even when grinding. I just worried about 1 thing. can chloro solo heal instances at lower levels? im 16 atm and use this build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRv0.xdIzo.L

1. Will I be able to keep tank up with decent gear?
    2 .Are my points spend well?
    3. next talent to max = pythogenesis?

Thats it for now, hoping to hear some tips/good news

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kusoyaro View Post
    Hello

Made an alt and play it as chloro, love it so much that I play it even when grinding. I just worried about 1 thing. can chloro solo heal instances at lower levels? im 16 atm and use this build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRv0.xdIzo.L

1. Will I be able to keep tank up with decent gear?
    2 .Are my points spend well?
    3. next talent to max = pythogenesis?

Thats it for now, hoping to hear some tips/good news
    Build looks good. Except, swap archon for archmage. You can keep the archon 0 point buffs up (refresh pillaging & searing every 5m) and swap in archmage if desired. Even mid-fight.

It will depend on your skill level, and very much the tanks gear.. but you could solo heal. Personally I would bring an off-healer to help just to make the runs easier. The tank is usually an unknown, especially at that level their builds are usually sh!t. Especially non-warriors it takes time for them to learn what to do.

Don't laugh but once you reach mid 20's keep an earth tank pet spec handy. You can tank every dungeon with it if you are skilled. The earth pet will keep aggro over a sh!tty tank. (Just make sure to spec 100% for it, extra hitpoints, hitpoint recovery, etc). Better safe than sorry.

So

1. Maybe
    2. Yes.
    3. I would spend that extra point in phytogenesis if you plan on being solo heals. It will help in aoe trash dungeon pulls. I don't really think it's worth refreshing radiant spores in single target situation. (Use it pre-pull though, it doesn't cause aggro!)
    Last edited by ururu; 08-23-2011 at 07:35 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

As ururu said it is possible, but keep in mind that Rift 5 mans are designed for 1 Tank, 1 Healer, 1 Support, 2 DPS. Not the typical 1 Tank 1 Healer 3 DPS configuration you may be used to.

Don't feel bad if you need a Bard helping you out.

Plane Walker

Chloros are a healing class and can solo heal. However as you level you find this gets harder and harder. This is because after the class redesign, trion nerfed our tank healing quite heftily but then gave us a new ability which compensates plenty. The problem is that you don't get this till 50. And scale well to gear but end up a bit weak. As you approach 50 you'll find your ability to keep the tank up falls as you lack this main skill (void life) but once you hit it you'll be able to heal through instances with a support again. As you gear up chloros get pretty strong though. I think the trouble sets in 35-40ish.

This is largely an oversight by trion, if they ever pay attention and move void life down to 40ish, you'll be able to heal the alt all the way to 50. No problems.

In lower levels chloros are fine. Though if you push towards 50 you'll falter. Chloro is also a poor levelling spec once you get past 30 as it takes all day to kill things, but I levelled chloro to 30ish. And play it main spec and love it.

Shadowlander

I'd like to correct one thing that was said. Radiant Spores talented does a ridiculous amount of healing, especially in AoE situations, even if it's a single target fight. It can do up to 20% of my healing sometimes. Always keep this up on trash/AoE pulls, and definitely on bosses if there's AoE going on (even if there isn't). Just do not rely on it to do all the healing for you.
    Last edited by Nimzo; 08-24-2011 at 12:35 AM.

awesome thanks guys really helpfull.
    just healed fae at lv 18 with a support that only had bloom, was kind of easy so it works well at this point
    thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread