+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FireWraith

Thread: bloom suggestion

Soulwalker

Default bloom suggestion

Greetings everyone.

I have recently been playing A Cloromancer and I love it.
    there Is just one small grudge I have against them, and that's the casting of bloom.

when healing in a party, It takes about a second or two to tap to the right target to attack them.
    if the tanks health drops fast, I have to switch to my raid / party frame, click the tank, cast bloom, and target the mob again that I was DPSing.

most of the times this is no issue, , it seems like a small grudge to have?
    but what ends up happening if we are going trough a dungeon is that I tap trough mobs too fast that I target one all the way in the back and almost pull it.
    reason for this is because the tanks health keeps dropping, and I need to cast my next heal spell on a mob asap before the tank dies.

my point is, the downtime of about two seconds, and the time it takes to select a mob, is the same as casting another VileSpore / Natures touch.
    but Bloom IS a powerful heal that needs to be cast every once in a while.

and yes, I have seen the macro of casting Bloom on mouseover, but I got a feeling everyone and there dog is using it, hence I suggest a new way of it's mechanics.

=============

my suggestion:

Make Bloom automatically cast on a party or raid member that has currently got the lowest % of health.
    or perhaps a talent point for:
    Lifebloom will now automatically be cast on a member that has Synthesis unless a different player is selected.

=====

Thank you for taking the time of reading my post, and I hope too soon hear what you guys think.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kyderra View Post
    Greetings everyone.

I have recently been playing A Cloromancer and I love it.
    there Is just one small grudge I have against them, and that's the casting of bloom.

when healing in a party, It takes about a second or two to tap to the right target to attack them.
    if the tanks health drops fast, I have to switch to my raid / party frame, click the tank, cast bloom, and target the mob again that I was DPSing.

most of the times this is no issue, , it seems like a small grudge to have?
    but what ends up happening if we are going trough a dungeon is that I tap trough mobs too fast that I target one all the way in the back and almost pull it.
    reason for this is because the tanks health keeps dropping, and I need to cast my next heal spell on a mob asap before the tank dies.

my point is, the downtime of about two seconds, and the time it takes to select a mob, is the same as casting another VileSpore / Natures touch.
    but Bloom IS a powerful heal that needs to be cast every once in a while.

and yes, I have seen the macro of casting Bloom on mouseover, but I got a feeling everyone and there dog is using it, hence I suggest a new way of it's mechanics.

=============

my suggestion:

Make Bloom automatically cast on a party or raid member that has currently got the lowest % of health.
    or perhaps a talent point for:
    Lifebloom will now automatically be cast on a member that has Synthesis unless a different player is selected.

=====

Thank you for taking the time of reading my post, and I hope too soon hear what you guys think.
    You could always turn on the setting to attack the target of your target and keep the tank targetted. You will fight what he is targetting and still be able to cast heals on him.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Rift Disciple

Go to your interface settings and enable cast on targets target. That way if you are targeting the tank, your attacks will hit the mob they are fighting. If you are targeting a mob your heals will hit the player that they are attacking (usually the tank, but if someone pulls aggro then it gets them too). If random damage hits another player you can click their plate really quick then cast bloom, then cast your attack spell (it will automatically assist your groupmate). During that 2 seconds while you are casting you can switch targets back to the mob.

You can also make mousover macros to cast on characters without switching targets.

Soulwalker

that's a great suggestion, I will try it out, thanks

Ascendant

You can also make a macro .. going from memory hope this is right

focus TANKNAME
    cast bloom
    targetlasttarget

Or you could use mouse over macros for your heals.

#show bloom
    cast @mouseover bloom

Then just mouse over anyone in the raid window and press the button. You can do this for all of your single heals that way if anyone in the party needs a fast heal you can do it without changing targets. This is also key for dispelling.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    Or you could use mouse over macros for your heals.

#show bloom
    cast @mouseover bloom

Then just mouse over anyone in the raid window and press the button. You can do this for all of your single heals that way if anyone in the party needs a fast heal you can do it without changing targets. This is also key for dispelling.
    Or you can use "@mousoverui" instead. I prefer it because I always use the raid frames to judge healing, so it wont accidentally cast if I'm over a player, but it will always work if I just put my mouse over the correct raid frame.

For Chloros, @mouseoverui is your friend. I use it for Bloom, Essence Surge, Synthesis, Cleanse, and probably a few more skills I can't think of at the moment.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Soulwalker

Or when you first get in the party target the tank and hit shift+f to set him as your focus target then make a macro as follows:
    #show Bloom
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast @focus Bloom

I Prefer cast @mouseoverui Bloom
    That way I can just put my mouse on the raid frame of whoever I want to heal

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nydes View Post
    Or when you first get in the party target the tank and hit shift+f to set him as your focus target then make a macro as follows:
    #show Bloom
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast @focus Bloom
    that is cool. gonna try that next raid thnx.

Ascendant

kinda defeats the purpose of bloom

Telaran

I think it's important to add:

stopcasting

to the macro. This will stop whatever action you're doing and cast boom. I also use it in my cleanse macro.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by HelRaza View Post
    I think it's important to add:

stopcasting

to the macro. This will stop whatever action you're doing and cast boom. I also use it in my cleanse macro.
    I am not a big believer in the stopcast macro because it is so unreliable.

Now, it does work really well for ground target skills so you can double-tick Devouring Shadows and Firestorm.

But I used to use it for Cleanse and what I noticed is the Cleanse would not always go off. I don't know whether it was the combination of mouseoverui and stopcast in the same macro or what. But I would hover over a raid frame, use Cleanse, and it would stop my cast but no Cleanse would go off. I'd end up having to spam it to make it work, and that became frustrating. In raids, cleansing is usually one of the most mechanics, so you can't afford for that little delay/hiccup to occur.

That's why I stopped using stopcast for mouseoverui macros. I generally just stop my cast with a slight tap of the S key.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by FireWraith View Post
    I am not a big believer in the stopcast macro because it is so unreliable.

Now, it does work really well for ground target skills so you can double-tick Devouring Shadows and Firestorm.

But I used to use it for Cleanse and what I noticed is the Cleanse would not always go off. I don't know whether it was the combination of mouseoverui and stopcast in the same macro or what. But I would hover over a raid frame, use Cleanse, and it would stop my cast but no Cleanse would go off. I'd end up having to spam it to make it work, and that became frustrating. In raids, cleansing is usually one of the most mechanics, so you can't afford for that little delay/hiccup to occur.

That's why I stopped using stopcast for mouseoverui macros. I generally just stop my cast with a slight tap of the S key.
    You're probably trying to cast Cleanse while still in the GCD of whatever spell you were casting.

+ Reply to Thread