+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mage Request: Can we get debuff logic for macros so I can play with 2-3 buttons too?

Rift Master

Default Mage Request: Can we get debuff logic for macros so I can play with 2-3 buttons too?

As a necro/lock, most of my spells have no cool down and almost none of them are reactives. This means I can't bundle them all together in a single macro and use one button to play my class. Instead, I have to bind pretty much everything to a unique hotkey, and then I have to closely monitor my targets' debuffs in order to prioritize my casts. This seems like a ton of unnecessary work.

Solution: introduce debuff logic into the macro system. Create a macro script that allows me to check my targets for a specific debuff, and then allow the macro to bypass casting that spell until the debuff is no longer present. This would allow me to apply my 5-6 debuffs with a single button before soul purging or void bolting with that very same button.

Going one step further, you could create a debuff for CC immunity, and my macro would check the target for this debuff before attempting to use any CC. I could even bundle all of my CC cool downs right inside my dps macro, potentially reducing my hotkeys to single digits. Probably still more than a warrior, but I'd make due.

Some people might think I'm being ridiculous here, but I think my mage could really use something like this. Warrior macros intelligently bypass abilities based on cool downs, availability, and even range. My challenges focus more on debuff status and CC immunity, but why can't the game automatically deal with my stuff too?

"Sincerely",
    A Mage
    Last edited by handerhank; 08-22-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Rift Disciple

So you want your abilities to have cool downs?
    Once a Ranger, always a Ranger.

http://www.thesecondsun.org/forum

Or you could just you know.... deal with it?
    Freyn likes boys in hotpants.

Rapsodia - p6 Stromcooler. I'm in ur warfrunts, hittin u for faive thousandz

I play a necro/lock and a couple others, I macro on the ones capable of it, however the necro/lock doesnt have that much that actually needs macro's buttons 1 through 8 and the F keys should be more than enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquirrel View Post
    but, but...games are serious business!!!
    People need to realize that games are meant for fun. If you don't like a game then move on. Save your rage and qq for real issues.

Telaran

I would think it would be easier to get a castSequence functionality than a macro with if/then logic.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aenedor View Post
    So you want your abilities to have cool downs?
    If that's my only option, then absolutely! Of course they'd have to drastically increase the damage output on all of my abilities to compensate, but at least I could start using macros to simplify my play to 2-3 buttons!

Quote Originally Posted by AintEvenMadBro View Post
    Or you could just you know.... deal with it?
    Or I could ask Trion to change things. Neither involves overmuch effort on my part, and one will make my experience appreciably better. Some wonder that I opted to make a post, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Protocal View Post
    I would think it would be easier to get a castSequence functionality than a macro with if/then logic.
    A caseSequence doesn't do the same thing, though. I want the macro to be more intelligent than that so I have less stuff I need to keep track of when I'm playing. A warrior doesn't have to concern himself with range, cool downs, or what reactives are currently available because a macro will make those determinations for him. I'm only asking for the same consideration in dealing with equivalent issues for my mage.

Also: woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos h

I found my lock spec to have the fewest buttons, and Pyro had the fewest rotational buttons. Why make it easier?

Plane Touched

Warriors can get away with 1- or 2-button macros because of their inherent absence of intelligence. Mages are supposed to be better than this!

Champion

The druid's satyr has buff-attack that lasts for 30 seconds and has a 10 (?) second cooldown - the pet is smart enough to not spam its skill on cd but rather waits until the old one is gone

it's in the game already, let the players use it. (maybe with smart_cast or something other than the default cast)

But be careful what you wish for - if cc-immune targets make skills not trigger be prepared to be silenced whenever possible, which is quite a lot ;)

oh, just make a duracell cleric already.

Rift Disciple

If you add if/then logic to macros you could potentially just add all your skills into 1 key, every situational skill and everything! Within the 25 lines of the macro ofc. Whats the fun in that? Though I do agree the macro system could be more powerful in certain ways. I guess they could limit that by reducing the amount of lines you can add to a macro.

Off topic: Is it possible to force long queue on macros? Cause if I put my blademaster macro in the skill queue it doesnt work because I have Quick Strike first, and its unavailable. So I end up button mashing, which I would really appreciate if its possible to avoid.

If you're not a warrior or a cleric, you're doing it wrong.

Why would you do that? Remove macros from the game altogether, and add checks for third party macro software. Now look at that warrior who actually has to press 10+ buttons just as I do! Looks like 99% of player base suddenly started to suck with no macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Israfael View Post
    Warriors can get away with 1- or 2-button macros because of their inherent absence of intelligence. Mages are supposed to be better than this!
    Ouch man.

Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltswiki View Post
    I deal with warriors by crying about them on the forums until Trion nerfs them

Shadowlander

This is ridiculous. I find the way macros work in Rift is a luxury. You should not be able to press one button and have it perform your rotation for you perfectly. This takes all human error out of DPSing. It was one of the first things I disliked about Rift and I can't fathom why you'd ask for it to be brought to the Mage class. I won't play a Warrior, Cleric, or Rogue because it's just not fun with one button.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast