+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best leveling spec?

Soulwalker

Default Best leveling spec?

I have a 46 Chloro mage who I havnt played in a while. What is the best spec for speed leveling/instancing (aoe build?) and is there any macros that would make it easier? thanks

21 Necro/8 Chloro/X Warlock is probably your best spec for leveling once you are level 34+. Just keep dumping points into warlock as you level.

Soulwalker

I havent played for too long but I have a full elm with a little bit in necro and chloro and with my trusty pet Turdnugget I am able to kill almost everything quests ask me to, close rifts alone and do massive aoe farming. May not be what everyone wants though, since you have to tell your pet where to go and what to do as well as juggle healing yourself and your pet.

Quote Originally Posted by artcrime View Post
    I havent played for too long but I have a full elm with a little bit in necro and chloro and with my trusty pet Turdnugget I am able to kill almost everything quests ask me to, close rifts alone and do massive aoe farming. May not be what everyone wants though, since you have to tell your pet where to go and what to do as well as juggle healing yourself and your pet.
    Deep elemental is a good all-around spec and can solo most quests. When I leveled my mage I had 2 souls I used for leveling. The aforementioned lock/necro/chloro spec for dungeons and leveling, and a deep elemental spec when I wanted to solo group quests.

I personally found lock/necro/chloro to be more efficient than elemental for leveling. It simply does more damage. This is also true for farming even at level 50 (37/21/8 lock/necro/chloro). I'm currently farming up Dragonslayer covenant rep on my mage and I basically just DoT everything in site and mow them down in short order. Without exaggeration, 5-6 mobs at a time is the norm with this build.

Rift Chaser

Default Non-pet leveling spec?

My Mage just hit 17 and I'm using a lock/chloro/necro spec to level and it's meh.

I leveled my Rogue to 50 as bladedance spec so I wanted to know if there was a decent non-pet leveling build I could try and level with. I just don't like to micromanage a pet is all.

Nowif there is one is it years behind the pet builds in terms of speed? I just want to kill fast with no downtime and would be fine if it was a little slower then necro but I'll still keep it there for group quests and rifts. I just want to know if there is an alternative around lvl 20 I could level with that isn't drastically slower.
    Last edited by Raitoken; 08-23-2011 at 01:59 AM.

Telaran

You want a spec with no downtime so Chloro for healing and Lock for mana regen then anything . My choices being Necro or Elementalist.
    Edit = My lack of spelling.
    Last edited by Sinhuit; 08-23-2011 at 02:44 AM.

Plane Touched

Elementalist is a crap spec for leveling.

Necromancer/warlock is what you want. Basicly what you do, is put up the dots you have then soul purge till your target is dead, with this you can solo elites. You can add chloromancer as your third soul to get some extra healing from veil.

warlock/chloro is another interesting spec. Warlock is *very* capable of soloing 4-5 mobs at a time and up to 7-8 or more of same level if you play it well. When I leveled as a mage, I had several elementalist mages coming up to me and say: "wtf how did you kill all those so fast?".. yeah.

+ Reply to Thread