+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Very, Very Minor Beef

Rift Disciple

Default A Very, Very Minor Beef

As I've posted elsewhere, I try to be a "go with the flow" kind of player. The 1.3 and 1.4 changes caused a little chafing with me, the massive lack of communication from Trion chafes some more.

All in all, this is a tiny beef I'm about to point out. Patch note copy/paste below:

--------------------------------------------------

RIFT 1.4 Hotfix #7 - 8/17/11

GENERAL
    * Added a new group loot setting, 'Need vs. Greed', which only allows characters to roll Need on equipment types that match their calling (Chain for Clerics, Leather for Rogues, etc.) - this setting is now used in Warfronts and LFG-formed groups, and is optional in player-formed groups. The pre-existing 'Group Loot' setting allows open need/greed rolling on any item type, and has not been changed.

---------------------------------------------------

On the face of it, this looks like a great idea.

But the REALITY of it is, in Warfronts, where there is zero accountability, pretty much everyone rolls NEED.

Now, this wasn't the end of the world, since the gear that drops there is CRAP. Even the purples. Just plain yucksauce.

Everyone rolling need = not that big a deal. Everyone gets a fair shot at vendoring/breaking down lame loot.

But NOW...everyone rolls need on just stuff they are ABLE to. Which, since mage loot is not 1/4 of the gear, but more like 1/8 of the gear - we're getting shafted by this change. I get less than half the loots I used to get, and warfronts being the main place I'd farm for runecrafting mats...my supply has dwindled.

Absolutely minor. I know, I know.

I guess I find myself in a headspace now, after all the BIG ways that mages have taken their lumps...I continue to wonder:

Is anyone out there speaking for Mages? Anyone at Trion who PLAYS a mage?

Because either A) there was no one there to point out that the above change would mean an unbalanced loot distribution or B) someone did speak up and ya'll went ahead with it anyway.

Minor...yes. But indicative of a culture that's really, really starting to chafe.

If there really is anyone who reads these forums...realize that I don't give a crap about the loots. I'll live with other classes getting more raw profit out of warfronts than I'm capable of getting.

But the continued outcry for communication, vision, and feedback is something I care about. That has been and continues to be a MAJOR beef.

Show us, somehow, that there is someone out there who cares about our class.

/done

PS: Okay trolls, I know I have it comin' this time. Flame away.

Rift Chaser

The most value comes from the consumables and fluff items which are for all classes anyway. And public groups as a whole suffer the wrath or the greedy ***** not just PvP where there are almost no class specific drops to begin with.

THE END OF THE WORLD IS COMING

Soulwalker

Its minor and yes "big deal", but I agree it is yet another small piece of evidence of one of two things:

1) Trion does not have anyone on staff that actually plays as a mage and/or speaks up for our class's well being.
    2) Trion does have someone on staff that actually plays a mage, and this person is a quiet and shy moron.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Isus View Post
    Its minor and yes "big deal", but I agree it is yet another small piece of evidence of one of two things:

1) Trion does not have anyone on staff that actually plays as a mage and/or speaks up for our class's well being.
    2) Trion does have someone on staff that actually plays a mage, and this person is a quiet and shy moron.
    None of them actually play the game.

THEY MAKE MONEY OFF PEOPLE WHO PLAY GAMES THEY DON'T ACTUALLY PLAY THEM

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by NerfMePlease View Post
    None of them actually play the game.

THEY MAKE MONEY OFF PEOPLE WHO PLAY GAMES THEY DON'T ACTUALLY PLAY THEM
    Somehow doubt that. Testers? Constantly. Developers? Probably just enough to test what they're working on. Probably even a few that aren't so sick of it already that they have an account.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kavrae View Post
    Somehow doubt that. Testers? Constantly. Developers? Probably just enough to test what they're working on. Probably even a few that aren't so sick of it already that they have an account.
    Testers are not developers. They are paid to be neutral and free of agenda. Designers and Artists and Programmers always have bias and can't see their own mistakes or don't want to.

YOU REALLY THINK THEY GUY WHO WROTE THE LOOT % CHANCE SCRIPT EVER PLAYED A VIDEO GAME IN HIS LIFE?

+ Reply to Thread