+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Theory Crafting mage Spec, 38 lock/28 ele

Soulwalker

Default Theory Crafting mage Spec, 38 lock/28 ele

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...AoVVx.Vtcz0xoN

Just curious, and tossing out a question to the mage community. With the warlock synergy crystal, what could this spec do as far as dps? Why do I ask, because of the following.

Nyx's Warlock Synergy Crystal
    2: Increases the critical hit chance of the Mage's damage over time abilities by 10%
    4: Casting Defile increases the Mage's critical hit damage bonus by 30% for 20 seconds

Pair the 4 set bonus with tempest, that gives you a bonus of 110% damage when you crit. My only questions would be if anyone knows the ICD of the synergy crystal, how long it is up? These are questions I do not know, but if anyone else had any thoughts or comments or math to go with this let me know. (I have yet to test it as i only have 1/4 pieces of Hk gear as of yet).

38lock/28ele... tested proved to be 200 less DPS than the 38 lock 28 necro spec. (1100 vs 1300)

DPS loss can be attributed to lack of good secondary charge dump (elemental forces is trash), and loss of pet-dps. Though on fights where the melee pet gets repeatedly killed (L2P issue) you will be able to catch the Defile-necrolock.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Soulwalker

Why would you need a second charge dump, seems to me that if the synergy crystal has no icd wouldn't you want defile always up?

The main issue is ele and lock do not compliment eachother at all. The only benefit you get from the ele tree is the 30% increased crit damage and a pet that's going to do a lot less damage than a necro pet will. So the warlock syngery crystal by itself paired with necro is still going to be better than warlock synergy crystal with tempest.

+ Reply to Thread