+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Sicaron min/maxing - for chloro and dps

Rift Chaser

Default Sicaron min/maxing - for chloro and dps

Hey everyone, wondering how everyone is doing with Sicaron. I know a lot of guilds are stacking chloros, because the damage buff buffs our heals. It's kind of hard to see what other people are doing, but for the most part, chloros in our guild are spamming the hell out of void life most of the time (bloom and flourish when needed, ofc).

What I was wondering is what has worked well for the chloros out there, in terms of not just healing, but also dps (as every little bit helps). Any different specs other than the standard 51? Using Natural Splendor and Stream of Reclamation on cooldown? Tossing some Lock dots for a little bit of extra dps?

And since we're stacking chloros in my guild right now, I don't want to forget that at some point I might get to dps - my assumption is that it will almost be required to be some kind of necro spec for being part of the purge team (necro-lock most likely, or maybe even dom/necrolock), so I'm wondering what kind of DPS roles people are playing for Sicaron?

Prophet of Telara

If you're raid healing with VL (i.e. 51 chloro) you're doing it wrong.

Ignore Kazzin.

We used 2 chloros, 1 puri/sent, 1 warden, 1 cleric support.

You'll probably want the 6Necro/51chloro/9warlock build. To help with purging, instead of a DPS speccing for it. Wouldn't worry too much about doing extra DPS, it's a intensive healing fight so you wont wanna waste GCDs on stream of reclamation and natural splendor (imo). Recent kill I was doing about 3k HPS without those 2, so you'll probably wanna focus more on healing than actual DPS.
    GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/10

Chloromacers who macro their spells suck

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Verez View Post
    Ignore Kazzin.

We used 2 chloros, 1 puri/sent, 1 warden, 1 cleric support.

You'll probably want the 6Necro/51chloro/9warlock build. To help with purging, instead of a DPS speccing for it. Wouldn't worry too much about doing extra DPS, it's a intensive healing fight so you wont wanna waste GCDs on stream of reclamation and natural splendor (imo). Recent kill I was doing about 3k HPS without those 2, so you'll probably wanna focus more on healing than actual DPS.
    2 chloros isn't 'stacking chloros'... in other words, you completely missed the OP's point. Nor do DPS have to 'spec for purge', as all necrolocks have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrocaster View Post
    Hey everyone, wondering how everyone is doing with Sicaron. I know a lot of guilds are stacking chloros, because the damage buff buffs our heals. It's kind of hard to see what other people are doing, but for the most part, chloros in our guild are spamming the hell out of void life most of the time (bloom and flourish when needed, ofc).

What I was wondering is what has worked well for the chloros out there, in terms of not just healing, but also dps (as every little bit helps). Any different specs other than the standard 51? Using Natural Splendor and Stream of Reclamation on cooldown? Tossing some Lock dots for a little bit of extra dps?

And since we're stacking chloros in my guild right now, I don't want to forget that at some point I might get to dps - my assumption is that it will almost be required to be some kind of necro spec for being part of the purge team (necro-lock most likely, or maybe even dom/necrolock), so I'm wondering what kind of DPS roles people are playing for Sicaron?
    Chloro/lock hybrid spec is best for raid heals. The chloros running LBV (if any) are fine being 51 point and void life spamming.

Also dps clerics and DPS mages and hell even tanks will probably have a purge available, so having healers spec into it to help is a pretty silly idea imo. (Directed to above poster, not you)

In other words: Don't ignore Kazzin.
    Last edited by Kanzer; 08-22-2011 at 06:59 AM.

It's perfectly doable to raidheal with a 51 chloro build

On the matter of purging, don't forget your Archon has a spammable aoe-purge!
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Rift Chaser

36/30 ChloroLock is far superior raid heals. If you are not ChloroLock you are gimping the raid heals. And more than one 51 Chloro in a raid with only 1 tank is tarded.

IF YER NOT FIRST YER LAST

Telaran

for this fight i use 51chloro-10dom-5ele for max crit
    VL crits - 1100-1150
    heal from VL when crit 4500-5000 per tick

raid composition
    2 tanks (river-pala-vk)
    2 chloros (51)
    1 hybrid cler (11car-21sent-34inq)
    1 bard
    1 archon
    13 dps

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by GGwct View Post
    for this fight i use 51chloro-10dom-5ele for max crit
    VL crits - 1100-1150
    heal from VL when crit 4500-5000 per tick
    You must have 2200 spell power then.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Pendu View Post
    It's perfectly doable to raidheal with a 51 chloro build

On the matter of purging, don't forget your Archon has a spammable aoe-purge!
    You don't know this fight even a little bit or you would not have made this comment.

YOU CAN'T HELP PEOPLE WITH STUFF YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT

Champion

The 2 Chloros should be healing your 2 tanks and that's it.

The reason it is bad to stack Chloros is because Chloros don't get heals from other Chloros. Go test it if you don't believe me. If you only have Chloro healers, ALL your Chloros are going to die.

If you must use a LGV Chloro, PLEASE DO use Void Life. People who haven't done this fight don't understand that there is almost constant AoE raid damage going on and that is pushing your cast bar back constantly throughout the entire fight. Void Life is immune to pushback, not to mention that since it is healing every second rather than every 1.5-2 seconds, you are getting a lot more "efficient" heals going on.

In terms of DPS or purging, well, you're a healer. You should be healing. If you want a hybrid healer to DPS, use a Cleric. They're way better at it than Chloros. Same goes for purging. Shamans do tremendous DPS, heal a smidge, and purge just fine. The Chloros should be the ones keeping the tanks alive (and radiant spores will probably be your highest HPS skill on this fight).
    Last edited by FireWraith; 08-22-2011 at 08:44 AM.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

FireWraith hit the nail on the head.

It even says in the tooltips that mages don't share heals from veils now!

While the 51 point VL build isn't seem as maximum healing potential it works FAR better for this fight then any other variation.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

You don't get healed from other chloro's LGV no, but you will always receive your own LGV heals. So that argument is pretty moot. Your chloros aren't going to die if you use only chloros. As for spike raid dmg, flourish from other chloros still hits you just fine, as does your own flourish.

Chloro/lock is superior raid heals.
    Last edited by Kanzer; 08-22-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kanzer View Post
    You don't get healed from other chloro's LGV no, but you will always receive your own LGV heals. So that argument is pretty moot. Your chloros aren't going to die if you use only chloros. As for spike raid dmg, flourish from other chloros still hits you just fine, as does your own flourish.

Chloro/lock is superior raid heals.
    u cant heal tank w chloro-lock

Quote Originally Posted by GGwct View Post
    u cant heal tank w chloro-lock
    Note the words 'raid heals'

This fight is easily done with 4 chloros, 2 healing the tanks and 2 raid healing and theres even a video out there showing this from Voodoo.
    Last edited by Kanzer; 08-22-2011 at 09:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast