+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Haunting Pain has no SP modifier?

Shadowlander

Default Haunting Pain has no SP modifier?

Well, practically no modifier.

Haunting Pain Rank 7 with 110 SP (no gear whatsoever) ticks for 137 x 5 = 685
    Haunting Pain Rank 7 with 1454 SP (full PVP gear) ticks for 150 x 5 = 750

So you're telling me that 1344 Spell power translates into an extra 65 damage over 10 seconds on a skill with a 2 second cast time and a 30second cooldown that also loses potency if the target is moving.

Sweet Skill! I'm putting this in all my macros.

I've submitted feedback tickets for this skill and the improper application of Diminishing Returns/Immunity on Death's Edict a number of times with no fix or reply forthcoming.

So I was wondering: Am I the only person that has noticed this? Anyone else have any idea why this skill blows so much?
    Last edited by TehTpyoKing; 08-21-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Not noticed that but have never used it because i never even thought it was worth the 2sec cast time
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

It's been bugged forever. I submit feedback about it once a week because I love playing Dom, but I'm starting to think they don't want to fix it because it would hit too hard or something

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Haunting Pain: the debuff you put on before the debuff you don't want cleansed.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

I noticed this when I was playing Dominator today. It's pretty lame. I was excited to try combos with roots and stuns to make it really stack up damage-wise, but I ended up taking the ability off my bars.

Telaran

same it was removed from mine, and as for using this before a skill you dont want clensed . . . . that's what dark touch is for. and it's instant cast with no cd and higher overall dmg. those 2 seconds of time could let me drop out my 26 domi summon and lich form with it lol

Quote Originally Posted by TehTpyoKing View Post
    Well, practically no modifier.

Haunting Pain Rank 7 with 110 SP (no gear whatsoever) ticks for 137 x 5 = 685
    Haunting Pain Rank 7 with 1454 SP (full PVP gear) ticks for 150 x 5 = 750

So you're telling me that 1344 Spell power translates into an extra 65 damage over 10 seconds on a skill with a 2 second cast time and a 30second cooldown that also loses potency if the target is moving.

Sweet Skill! I'm putting this in all my macros.

I've submitted feedback tickets for this skill and the improper application of Diminishing Returns/Immunity on Death's Edict a number of times with no fix or reply forthcoming.

So I was wondering: Am I the only person that has noticed this? Anyone else have any idea why this skill blows so much?
    Whats wrong with the DR on Death's Edict?
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    Whats wrong with the DR on Death's Edict?
    The problem i notice often on my dom is that when the target is immune to the stun effect the damage of death's edict simply isnt applied as well, same happens to other spells such as thunder blast. And from my experience it only happens on player targets.
    Your (not so)friendly neighborhood Mage

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vvix View Post
    The problem i notice often on my dom is that when the target is immune to the stun effect the damage of death's edict simply isnt applied as well, same happens to other spells such as thunder blast. And from my experience it only happens on player targets.
    This is exactly right, but incomplete.

If the target is immune to stuns. The spell does nothing. No Damage, No Stun, No Snare.
    However, if the target is immune to snares/roots. The skill stuns, does damage and snares them regardless of their current "immunity" to snares.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TehTpyoKing View Post
    This is exactly right, but incomplete.

If the target is immune to stuns. The spell does nothing. No Damage, No Stun, No Snare.
    However, if the target is immune to snares/roots. The skill stuns, does damage and snares them regardless of their current "immunity" to snares.
    compare to battlefield intimidation (warrior aoe root/snare) & bull rush stun.. or whatever it is that causes our buttons to grey out all the time. does battlefield intimidation ever "immune" on the target they are casting? seems the root+fear immunity is always broken.

I guess on the plus side sometimes squirreling people works more than it should. possibly related to the CC reduction getting reset?

+ Reply to Thread