+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: ???? about chloromancer

Soulwalker

Default ???? about chloromancer

at lower lv's like 20-30 can chloromancers be a viable main healer or should i que as support when running dungeons?

I don't play a Mage, but going from what I see in the Chloro tree I'd say you could main heal around 30. I've never seen a Chloro main heal below 50 though so idk.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pudgie View Post
    at lower lv's like 20-30 can chloromancers be a viable main healer or should i que as support when running dungeons?
    You can easily main heal any of the dungeons you can queue for. Solo healing will be more difficult but it is possible.

This guide: http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/mage-leveling-specs/ covers all the specs and rotations you can use while leveling up, including a dungeon healer spec.

Rift Disciple

Chloros aren't great until 51 points are spent in the soul. Good support healer but not a great main healer until then. With another support class in the party you should be able to do it though but not without the support.

Ascendant

I love my chloros and I have 2, level 15 and 35, she is highly effective and the 35 started to heal incredibly well early on.

I would say go for it and mess around with specs, I already answered one guy on my spec in this place somewhere, maybe dig that out Its basically dots plus chloro *Either necro or lock plus chloro, you choose, then archon back up....for the buffs and the dot*

Default Possible but very difficult <40

I am currently level 38 on my Chloro. I have 2 chloro builds, BlueDot's suggested PvP Chlorolock (which totally owns low level WFs btw,) and a full Chloro with 10 in warlock.

Honestly, trying to solo-heal a dungeon has been very difficult unless tank is at the top of the level/gear spectrum for the particular dungeon. Without a channeled heal, you really have to prioritize your rotation and know the best times to use bloom/florish.

I highly recommend getting someone to off-heal if you are main heal-chloro before level 40. This will take a lot of the pressure off you so that you can become used to main-healing as a chloro before hitting lvl 50.

I'm very excited to get Void Life b/c these burst heals from Nature's Touch/Vile Spores make warrior tanks very nervous...
    Obryn- 50 Cleric: Druid, Warden, Justicar
    Devilweed- 50 Mage: Chloromancer, Warlock, Elementalist
    Obyran- 50 Rouge: "Bard"
    Defiant of Briarcliff <Damaged PvPness>

Quote Originally Posted by Obyran View Post
    I'm very excited to get Void Life b/c these burst heals from Nature's Touch/Vile Spores make warrior tanks very nervous...
    Void life is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by AsphyxZero View Post
    Void life is awesome.
    Especially since it makes tank healing a 1-button operation.
    Last edited by Zarokima; 08-22-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Soulwalker

So Lifebound Veil (+Synthesis) is pretty useless before lvl 50? Thats kinda strange for a skill you get at lvl 11.
    Last edited by Alphras; 08-23-2011 at 12:29 AM.

LBV and Synthesis work well. I levelled with one of my specs as Chloro, and apart from one or two scary moments when Bloom was on CD, never had a problem healing dungeons. It does get easier at 50, but you certainly can heal at lower levels as a Chloro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isila
    You could guarantee me a raid-level epic that would be a guaranteed upgrade for me in whatever slot it's for, and that would still not be enough to get me to go into LFG solo as a tank. Nothing is worth that amount of pain.

Telaran

5 in Elementalist, 10 in Lock and 18 in Chloro. Lvl 33 its a bit hairy but possible.

Rift Disciple

If y'all don't mind me tossing in another question here - I'm bringing up a mage myself now and totally new to the Chloro.

Do the DoT effects from Nature's Corrosion effectively work as little HoTs on friendlies while they tick?
    Just curious because I've bypassed speccing that in favor of other stuff at the moment... but I realized that may be a benefit I should go back and pick up.
    ?

Soulwalker

The hot effect only apply to the first tick not any of the other ones. I dont run parsers all thatmuch so cant tell you how effective it is. But if chloro is your leveling spec id get ut for the extra damage (after instant cast bloom)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    If y'all don't mind me tossing in another question here - I'm bringing up a mage myself now and totally new to the Chloro.

Do the DoT effects from Nature's Corrosion effectively work as little HoTs on friendlies while they tick?
    Just curious because I've bypassed speccing that in favor of other stuff at the moment... but I realized that may be a benefit I should go back and pick up.
    ?
    It heals for a little (See: Very very little) And I only suggest using it in BIG pulls, 5 or more mobs minimal. If you actually plan to use it for healing, otherwise keep away from it, it's more like a vanity spell to use at 50 then one to use while leveling.

The 80% healing debuff on lbv from AOE is a pain in the *** and is what makes it terribad. Until you can successfully solo heal without an issue and then you use it for ****s n gigs b/c **** it, what else will you do with your charge.

Ascendant

yeah but a chloromancer heals and damages (FUN). so get what you want and make them bring an off-healer so it's a fun experience for everyone. bard is pretty fun pre 50 in my experience.. especially 20-30s bards were dominant in warfronts. it was my first character I leveled.

those 100% dot damage ticks off ruin & vile spores add up quick in damage.
    Last edited by ururu; 08-23-2011 at 07:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast