+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ultimate Archon Macro

Soulwalker

Default Ultimate Archon Macro

Is there an agreed upon macro that gives the best buffing order for raiding as archon? Every site I see has something different.

Currently I am using:

#show Pillaging Stone
    cast Earthen Barrage
    cast Volcanic Bomb
    cast Surging Flare
    cast Leeching Flames
    cast Pillaging Stone

Any one have better results with something else?

Champion

I use

#show Surging Flare
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Waning Power
    cast Surging Flare
    cast Volcanic Bomb
    cast Earthen Barrage
    cast Leeching Flames
    cast Pillaging Stone

But I'm no Archon expert.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Telaran

You may want to wait on waning power. It may get used during a boss immune to damage section of the fight.

Rift Disciple

I use:

#show Pillaging Stone
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Surging Flare
    cast Volcanic Bomb
    cast Earthen Barrage
    cast Waning Power
    cast Leeching Flames
    cast Pillaging Stone

Group buffs up asap, self buff (waning power) afterwards, leeching flames lowest priority. Also I like having a cast time spell at the beginning in case I hit my button by accident. I can stop the cast before it hits the boss I have targeted.
    Last edited by maxvla; 08-21-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Your original macro is correct.

Shadowlander

You should probably put Neural Prod (from Dom) or Searing Vitality on the end of the macro after Pillaging Stone so you have something you can cast on a portion of the fight where you have to move. (Isskal, Guurloth, etc.)

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TehTpyoKing View Post
    You should probably put Neural Prod (from Dom) or Searing Vitality on the end of the macro after Pillaging Stone so you have something you can cast on a portion of the fight where you have to move. (Isskal, Guurloth, etc.)
    Or just proc BP with a debuff for twice the damage....

Rift Chaser

inb4 the clerics yell at you for overwriting their ****

STOP BEING BAD AT THE ROLE WE GIVE TO THE BADDIE MAGE

I'm not in game atm, and am not going to log on just to look at my macro, but the OP looks right.

As for whoever said to add Searing Vitality to the macro, that would not work. Both Pillaging and Searing are instant cast and on the GCD, therefore breaking the macro.

I have it on a different button for this case. Typically, in fights like Simon Says in GP, when you are forced to move due to his commands to either run or jump, or because of the tornadoes, I will throw out a SV just to have it there for constant damage, then cycle through the GCD debuffs for the Burning Purpose proc.

Shadowlander

This is from a guildmate.... He uses this macro. I have not adapted to it yet.

For the lazy archons, I've adopted the lazy rogue's bard work here , and made the following macros.

Prep-
    alias z alias
    alias a cast
    alias k dismount
    alias u dismount
    alias x dismount
    alias n dismount
    alias v dismount
    alias h dismount
    alias b dismount
    alias n dismount
    alias d dismount

Buff-
    h Vitality of Stone
    b Tempered Armor
    n h cast
    n v alias
    n b dismount
    n n dismount
    d Burning Purpose
    x b cast
    x n alias
    x d dismount
    x x dismount
    u Arcane Aegis
    k d cast
    k x alias
    k c dismount
    k k dismount
    a Shared Vigor
    z u cast
    z k alias
    z a dismount
    z z dismount
    macrowait

With this you hit the prep button once then the buff button 5 times and get all your archon buffs on two buttons. Great way to save space.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Korain View Post
    I'm not in game atm, and am not going to log on just to look at my macro, but the OP looks right.

As for whoever said to add Searing Vitality to the macro, that would not work. Both Pillaging and Searing are instant cast and on the GCD, therefore breaking the macro.

I have it on a different button for this case. Typically, in fights like Simon Says in GP, when you are forced to move due to his commands to either run or jump, or because of the tornadoes, I will throw out a SV just to have it there for constant damage, then cycle through the GCD debuffs for the Burning Purpose proc.
    Macros cast what is castable. If you are moving, SV will cast as he intended. Of course a debuff is a better choice, once SV has been applied.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    Or just proc BP with a debuff for twice the damage....
    My bad, you're quite right. Forget Neural Prod/Searing Vitality. Throw Crumbling Resistance or Ashen Defense on the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Korain View Post
    Pillaging Stone is instant-cast? Holy crap I've been playing Archon wrong all this time.

Rift Disciple

So many obvious mistakes in all these macros.

If you are 4-5 pyro your fire casts are under 1.6 seconds, leeching flames is instant. Therefore putting surging flare before either of these is a waste. Put surging flare before earthen barrage and your PS spam. Surging flares raid buff is minimal and is only cast because its good dmg and will speed up your EB + PS, not putting it before there is a waste.

Volcanic bomb should always be on top, its the best raid buff you have of the 3 casted ones and you want optimal uptime on it.

That being said, heres my macro

#show surging flare
    cast waning power
    cast volcanic bomb
    use alsbeth's focusing orb
    cast leeching flames
    cast surging flare
    cast earthen barrage
    cast Pillaging Stone
    cast leeching flames
    cast searing vitality

This rotation makes the most sense. Your volcanic bomb gets priotitized and buffs your leeching flames and surging flare (2 of your strongest attacks). Surging flare buffs earthen barrage and pillaging stone (2 of your slowest attacks)

And leeching flames + searing vitality for movement. and yes, a searing vitality does more dmg than a bp proc.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Electros View Post
    So many obvious mistakes in all these macros.

If you are 4-5 pyro your fire casts are under 1.6 seconds, leeching flames is instant. Therefore putting surging flare before either of these is a waste. Put surging flare before earthen barrage and your PS spam. Surging flares raid buff is minimal and is only cast because its good dmg and will speed up your EB + PS, not putting it before there is a waste.

Volcanic bomb should always be on top, its the best raid buff you have of the 3 casted ones and you want optimal uptime on it.

That being said, heres my macro

#show surging flare
    cast waning power
    cast volcanic bomb
    use alsbeth's focusing orb
    cast leeching flames
    cast surging flare
    cast earthen barrage
    cast Pillaging Stone
    cast leeching flames
    cast searing vitality

This rotation makes the most sense. Your volcanic bomb gets priotitized and buffs your leeching flames and surging flare (2 of your strongest attacks). Surging flare buffs earthen barrage and pillaging stone (2 of your slowest attacks)

And leeching flames + searing vitality for movement. and yes, a searing vitality does more dmg than a bp proc.
    1) You assume this casting order will be maintained, and it's not (because SF has a 10sec cd). I prefer the rotation you naturally fall into with SF before LF, rather than after.

2) EB is your best raid buff, not VB. 5% dmg stacked additively is tiny, not to mention all mage charge dumps overwrite it.

3) Applying SF to EB is dumb given that it's your lowest dps spell. You want SF to affect as many PB's as possible.

4) The 2nd LF following PB is redundant. It will still cast on CD on the move regardless.

Again, the OP's macro is correct.
    Last edited by Kazzin; 08-22-2011 at 12:33 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    1) You assume this casting order will be maintained, and it's not (because SF has a 10sec cd). I prefer the rotation you naturally fall into with SF before LF, rather than after.
    You may have a point on this, I haven't specifically tested each individual rotation over long durations. Just going from what I see though it looks like every 3rd surging flare would be wasted on a LF considering LF is 30 seconds and SF is 10.

2) EB is your best raid buff, not VB. 5% dmg stacked additively is tiny, not to mention all mage charge dumps overwrite it.
    Good point also, but highly debatable. The amount volcanic gives is dependent on how many self percentile buffs the class in question has. for a stormcaller its around 2.2%, for classes with less it becomes closer to 5%. Earthen barrage is about a 2.5% dps increase assuming 1% crit = .5% dps increase. specs with higher crit modifiers like tempest will benefit more from EB then VB, but many specs will prefer VB

3) Applying SF to EB is dumb given that it's your lowest dps spell. You want SF to affect as many PB's as possible.
    It's not about the dps. Eb is slow just like PS and getting through it fast allows just as many pillagings. While you could do it either way, my point was you don't want surging flare modifying leeching flames or fire spells like some previous macros have it.

4) The 2nd LF following PB is redundant. It will still cast on CD on the move regardless.
    You are right on this one.

Anyways good points overall, its nice to see some really technical archon discussion. Though in the end, no matter how you macro it, the dps differences will be minimal.
    Last edited by Electros; 08-22-2011 at 12:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast