+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Warmancer PvP Spec Revised

Default Warmancer PvP Spec Revised

Spec:5AM/16Necro/45Lock
    I personally use my healing sigil and healing trinket with this spec because all of the self heals proc the trinket/greaters.

ST Rotation:
    Necrosis -> Dark Touch -> Neddra's Grasp -> essence link (only if there isn't a healing debuff on the target already) -> soul purge. Take VB or LL on opp procs (I cast LL most of the time for the healing procs from my sigil/trinket), or any CC if needed. Defile can be switched with soul purge if you have to chase your target. (ex. a rogue running stones in scion)
    When switching targets its better to keep soul purging if you have 50+ charge than to recast all of the DoTs.

Also, for 1v1s against warriors I DoT him up (with defile of course), pop Detaunt, and attempt to kite.

I use the following macro:
    #show Soul Purge
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sacrifice Life: Damage
    cast soul purge

AoE Rotation:
    Neddra's Grasp -> Dark Touch -> Grave Rot -> Radiate Death -> Devouring Shadows.

#show Devouring Shadows
    stopcasting
    cast Devouring Shadows

Why did I take useless skills in necro? Most of the skills are fillers to get soul purge.

Why go so far into warlock? I wanted to get defile to make the spec more mobile, and couldn't find any better place for the last couple of points, so I went ahead and took mass fear.
    Last edited by A Mage; 08-21-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

I call that spec Lockro, since I consider Warmancer heavy Lock, 17/18 Chloromancer.

Just so people don't start thinking I use cookie-cutter builds (always used my version of Warmancer since launch.)

Unless I call my spec Lockoro now.. hmm.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

This is the DPS spec I use for PvP, with the alteration of imp Life Leech points moved to Imp VB since I have yet to acquire any decent healing trinkets or greaters. It's really nice; has a CC for every occasion, excellent sustained damage with a heal debuff, very reasonable survivability skills, nice instant aoe, decent burst with DB/VB and Soul Purge to overwhelm healing quite often.

It really is a jack of all trades PvP spec, not quite doing each area as well as another spec, but performing each at the least adequately. One of the bonuses is how freely you can swap between various tasks as required - lots of people grouped, lay down your aoe rotation; a healer gets marked, you may not be able to focus him down alone but your dots, heal debuff and silence will certainly give you a good shot; start taking too much damage, pop one of your cooldowns; get rushed by a gang of enemies, throw out Mass Fear or Mortality to disperse or maim them.

It's very similar to 51Lock, but gains Grave Rot, which is great to deny Codex points or stones (whilst letting you not stand in plain sight like Dev Shadows makes you do), and Soul Purge over ED. The lack of CD on SP along with the heals you get from it are what make me prefer this spec to 51Lock, since you can pick your targets at will much more readily.

Even with mere rank 4 gear, on a WF where we don't get rolled I expect about 7 KBs, top 5 at least in dmg done and 0-2 deaths, unless i forget where my keyboard is or something, which imo is not too shabby.
    Last edited by Benlisted; 08-21-2011 at 04:50 PM.

This is my favorite spec in the game.

Rift Chaser

This is the spec I use the most myself and I also use healing essences. I wouldn't say all the points in necro are a complete waste, as consumption and grave rot are nice additions on top of soul purge. I find myself always missing them on 51 lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrower View Post
    This is the spec I use the most myself and I also use healing essences. I wouldn't say all the points in necro are a complete waste, as consumption and grave rot are nice additions on top of soul purge. I find myself always missing them on 51 lock.
    Essence Link is really nice as well. Yes, usually another class can apply the healing debuff, but having a mini healing debuff for off-targets can make a huge difference.

I haven't really used any other spec for the past 4 months.

I dabble with FoTMs here and there and always just return to this. I like the survivability.

Your DoTs dont break Detaunt?
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

I would think that stacking dots, void bolt, drain bolt, soul purge would give you a bit more burst to play with over just going DoT > Soul Purge. Which is probably why I would always take imp. VB over imp. LL.
    Last edited by Hethroin; 08-23-2011 at 01:05 PM.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Quote Originally Posted by Kanabull View Post
    Your DoTs dont break Detaunt?
    Nope.

To the post above me, you're right, I forgot draining bolt and dark fury D:
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    I would think that stacking dots, void bolt, drain bolt, soul purge would give you a bit more burst to play with over just going DoT > Soul Purge. Which is probably why I would always take imp. VB over imp. LL.
    Yup, this is hugely important. Even when Drain Bolt isn't up, being able to Void Bolt into one or two ticks of Soul Purge is huge. It's basically a guaranteed Void Bolt crit.

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    Nope.

To the post above me, you're right, I forgot draining bolt and dark fury D:
    W00t?

Dots applied before Detaunt is activated do not break it? Seriously? Lol.. that will solve all my survivability problems with any kind of lock spec O_o

It's a solid spec and I have run it in different variations. Mostly with less WL. 5 less for getting -15% critchance against you is what a guild mate runs and is very successful with it.

I personally always paired it with Overload (I love to be offensive, might even say kamikaze ). Though I can see, that having Mass Fear is a very good idea. Since I'm playing 51 Lock a lot I know too well how big of a deal having Mass Fear is.

So yeah, it's a decent spec with formidable output, some nice tools and even a self heal option via Soul Purge.

Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    Dots applied before Detaunt is activated do not break it? Seriously? Lol.. that will solve all my survivability problems with any kind of lock spec O_o
    Yeah. If you have the gear to live through the opener, you can beat any non-chloromancer really easily in 1V1 as any warlock spec.
    Last edited by GLopez; 08-23-2011 at 08:25 PM.

lgw

Chloros die to your healing debuff hidden behind a crapton of Craply Calling stacks. Only annoyance is Chloro/Dom, but that spec has a damage output so pathetic, you just have to play smart and survive his CDs to kill it. Just VB spam and don't try too many DOTs.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    Chloros die to your healing debuff hidden behind a crapton of Craply Calling stacks. Only annoyance is Chloro/Dom, but that spec has a damage output so pathetic, you just have to play smart and survive his CDs to kill it. Just VB spam and don't try too many DOTs.
    Idk, I can't remember the last time I lost to anyone with a blue bar as Domi/Chloro despite the low damage except another Domi/Lock that started with more mana than me. And I still think you can beat warlocks pretty easy as chloro/lock. Damage just isn't fast enough to get through heals, and some opportunity procs, judicious Devouring use, and they are toast. You might have to blow a CD or 2 but they'll have to blow all of theirs first.

I use token of warding from alsbeth or the valor trinket depending on what spec I'm playing, have r8 gear and a soon to be completed full valor trinket so my opinions might be a little biased though.
    Last edited by Calibix; 08-23-2011 at 11:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast