+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raiding tonight - Critique my build

Default Raiding tonight - Critique my build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...Vqxk.xtczVukzs
    I get ~900 on the dummies and 950-1000ish in T2s with this. I have no raid gear and 227 focus. I have a blue T2 dagger and a crappy 102SP use trinket, those are the only non-epic stuff I have. I'm going to going to my first raid tonight as a dps and I was just wondering if the build I use is the best?

On single target: Life Leech -> Looming Demise -> Necrosis -> Dark Touch -> Void Bolt -> Soul Purge and keep my dots up and use soul purge as much as possible from there.

I saw a few 33/33 builds, but that doesn't make sense to me. 31 in necro gets you the lich form, which is the only reason to go past 21, and having more points in warlock increases the damage of soul purge and all of your dots.
    Last edited by Venditte; 08-21-2011 at 07:46 AM.

I'd swap out Neddra's Essence for Draining Bolt.
    Swap Archmage for Archon.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchivistCarrion View Post
    I'd swap out Neddra's Essence for Draining Bolt.
    Swap Archmage for Archon.
    I use archon for my 3rd, I goofed that up. Any reason for draining bolt, though? Does it do a lot of damage?

Prophet of Telara

Yer Neddra's Essence is kind of an "oh ****" button which if you need to use it in a raid something is going wrong and you're probably going to die/wipe anyway! Very useful for PVP and soloing but not as DPS in raid situation.

Same thing applies with Shadow Life - you don't/shouldn't need it in a raid PVE environment (again a solo/PVP skill) and that point would be better in something like Greater Consumption or Symbiote.

The "+% for points in soul" skill from necro boosts more your zealot then the one in warlock for your DOTs.

Regarding Draining Bolt - It hits for usually about 100-200 more than your VB (not including crit) and it heals you a bit as well. Also given that its an instant with fast flight time makes it very useful just to squeeze in the middle of your rotation when off CD for a bit more burst.
    Last edited by AlexTrickle; 08-21-2011 at 08:22 AM.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    I use archon for my 3rd, I goofed that up. Any reason for draining bolt, though? Does it do a lot of damage?
    I use it in rotation atm, not actually sure if it is a DPS increase once you factor in the extra damage from LL.

Even if you don't use it in a standard rotation, works perfectly when needing to move.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

+ Reply to Thread