+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Split personality bug?

Rift Disciple

Default Split personality bug?

So I run chloro/dom which by the way is the best spec ever lol, but anyways whenever I go to use my split personality, if its in a group, they sometimes just attack random people, and not the target I want them to attack! Which is extremely annoying when im trying to force pressure on a cleric, and there attacking some warrior... lol

since its 30 seconds, why can't a pet bar come up or something? I just hate when it gets wasted like that because i can't control as to who they attack... sometimes if I spam right click on the target they switch to him, otherwise there running around attacking god knows who... lol

Plane Walker

That's why split is only a use when you need it spell. Extremely unreliable, but when they feel like actually attacking what you want them to it's amazing.

Telaran

The most anoying fight split and empty the crypts is soulrender zilas with all the adds and stun towers ypi have to stay away from. My advice is make sure you cast it near the mob you want it to attack, then make sure you cast Neural Prod immediatley after summoning either crypts or splits on your target and they will immediatley attack that person. try it out it really helped.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Freeezy View Post
    The most anoying fight split and empty the crypts is soulrender zilas with all the adds and stun towers ypi have to stay away from. My advice is make sure you cast it near the mob you want it to attack, then make sure you cast Neural Prod immediatley after summoning either crypts or splits on your target and they will immediatley attack that person. try it out it really helped.
    yea, only problem is im talking about pvp not pve :P

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by killhimnotme View Post
    yea, only problem is im talking about pvp not pve :P
    Same logic applies. Attacking your target with a quick prod will aggro the shades onto your target....sometimes

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Emprahh View Post
    Same logic applies. Attacking your target with a quick prod will aggro the shades onto your target....sometimes
    lol keyword is sometimes :P

they should really have it like WoW did, where any time you summon anything at all even a water elemental for 45 seconds, you would have your pet bar, because its absolutely rediculous when I sit there trying to burst down someone, yet my shades just run away lol

Summoned short term pets are NPC that can be taunted. Also since they are spread out a little they can also have LoS issues (although Splits ignore a great deal of LoS). I know this is not all the reasons, and so there may be genuine bugs. I do know that they can be taunted and I do know they will 'defend' themselves if attacked, especially if they have not engaged their target in a short period of time (agro decay I suspect).
    "Good players can make themselves useful, but huge efforts should not be made to attain levels of use that others can accomplish with far less effort because their class was designed more intelligently." -- Ancient Rites
    I for one welcome our new bard overlords...

Soulwalker

Does \petattack macro'd into your main spells work?

(in work, can't try it)

+ Reply to Thread