+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: best single target dps raiding spec

Soulwalker

Default best single target dps raiding spec

Hey there, ive been trying like 4hours to figure out the best single dps spec... Been torturing the boss dummie a lot.

my stats are following

SP: 1455
    crit: 770 /35%/
    focus: 321
    /all with consumables/non buffed/

Have tryied following specs: Classic Zoomancer,classic sc/ele, 30lock/31pyro/5archon/, 31ele/31pyro/4archon, 51lock/5ele/dunoo the last souls :x, 31necro/35lock/archon...

Here comes the problem, all specs got some cons and negatives, but the major problem here is that, i cant pull more than 1150-1250 dps at 6mins fight.

Any tips, and suggestions, from ppl that are raiding with the same stats as i do?

Ty for reply guys
    Meeq - Mage /Whitefall/ DarkLegion
    Meeq - Mage /Imperium/ Bohemia

Prophet of Telara

For sustained boss fights i.e. talking up to 10mins then necrolock keeps it steadily and more consistently higher.

Pyro/Ele for quick fights
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    For sustained boss fights i.e. talking up to 10mins then necrolock keeps it steadily and more consistently higher.

Pyro/Ele for quick fights
    need numbers, not random drop ****talk

Plane Touched

Sc/Ele, Pyro/Ele, Warlock/Necro all put up competitive single target dps. Do whatever one fits your play style.

Voodoo (US-Defiant, world 1st Akylios) is currently seeking exceptional rogue and mage applicants. Please check our recruitment thread for more information.

Why would you go 4 or 5 points into Archon while running ele/pyro? and lock/pyro....'

Also, Lock/pyro...really.
    Last edited by Neown; 08-20-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Rift Chaser

33/33 NecroLock > Everything else.

IF YER NOT FIRST YER LAST

Quote Originally Posted by sayMeeq View Post
    Hey there, ive been trying like 4hours to figure out the best single dps spec... Been torturing the boss dummie a lot.

my stats are following

SP: 1455
    crit: 770 /35%/
    focus: 321
    /all with consumables/non buffed/

Have tryied following specs: Classic Zoomancer,classic sc/ele, 30lock/31pyro/5archon/, 31ele/31pyro/4archon, 51lock/5ele/dunoo the last souls :x, 31necro/35lock/archon...

Here comes the problem, all specs got some cons and negatives, but the major problem here is that, i cant pull more than 1150-1250 dps at 6mins fight.

Any tips, and suggestions, from ppl that are raiding with the same stats as i do?

Ty for reply guys
    It should be 35/31 Pyro/Ele. Before they changed Burning Bright, I believe that's it, it was best to go with Archon, but now it's best to leave the third soul at 0 since you get more damage from BB.

Your rotation should be Fireball spam unless you need Flame Bolt's buff and/or a CB proc. Your stats are a lot higher than mine but I put out a lot more DPS so either you're doing something wrong or you're doing something wrong.
    Definition of Generally
    Without reference to or disregarding particular persons, things, situations, etc., that may be an exception.

Soulwalker

gimme more about the 33/33 necrolock

and 4/5archon cuz i thought that 5% fire dmg is good, was just messing with talents... ive been trying a lot of speccs there, and there is the point og the 100dps range of each other speccs.

And no i didnt do anything wrong with the pyro spec, just as you said it fireball spam, keep 10% from teh flame bolt, and cb on proc

Telaran

The two best ST specs are the following.
    For stationary fights - Pyro/ele has the slight advantage to DefileNec, but pretty damn close
    for mobile 38 Lock 28 Nec (DefileNec) is by far the best single target spec. i got over 1800 on murdantix, a constantly moving fight using it. Honestly i use it in stationy fights becuase soul purge is pretty amazing, ive pulled off over 1400 on anrak standing still so, its a viable spec either way. the roation i posted in the 38lock/28nec thread :]
    hope this helps. good luck

and dont use extra points into fire dmg % into archon if you have pyro. becuase instead of each point giving 1% fire dmg. every point added in pyro increases fire dmg by 1.2% leave archon blank unless you are going to leeching flames with warlock. then you can use the fire % to get up the tree.
    Last edited by Freeezy; 08-20-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Freeezy View Post
    The two best ST specs are the following.
    For stationary fights - Pyro/ele has the slight advantage to DefileNec, but pretty damn close
    for mobile 38 Lock 28 Nec (DefileNec) is by far the best single target spec. i got over 1800 on murdantix, a constantly moving fight using it. Honestly i use it in stationy fights becuase soul purge is pretty amazing, ive pulled off over 1400 on anrak standing still so, its a viable spec either way. the roation i posted in the 38lock/28nec thread :]
    hope this helps. good luck

and dont use extra points into fire dmg % into archon if you have pyro. becuase instead of each point giving 1% fire dmg. every point added in pyro increases fire dmg by 1.2% leave archon blank unless you are going to leeching flames with warlock. then you can use the fire % to get up the tree.
    I used to use 35lock/31 nec before they made Defile consume way less charge. this allows you to have the best DoT AND be able to Soul Purge. beating the small burst gain from Lich form with a very strong DoT

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Freeezy View Post
    i got over 1800 on murdantix, a constantly moving fight using it.
    I put up 1850 this week using 31/35 and more screwups than you can imagine.

Telaran

Tossing in another +1 to 35/31. much preferred to defile.

Nothing like seeing 2.3k soul purges.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Soulwalker

What gear level does it take for soul purge deal more damage then vb? Im in t2 gear with ros legendary (and a crappy wand/trink) spell power is just under 1200. For me vb hits for about 100 more than soul purge ticks.

Plane Touched

Here's this weeks sc/ele parse of me doing almost 2k dps on murdantix.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/263/murdantix.png/

Voodoo (US-Defiant, world 1st Akylios) is currently seeking exceptional rogue and mage applicants. Please check our recruitment thread for more information.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast