+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible spec to get around the mage bufs

Default Possible spec to get around the mage bufs

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...Vpozs.MeMhzVVx

Normal necrolock without grave rot. Spam plague bolt instead of void bolt. Only use void bolt to refresh life leech.

This would strictly be a raid spec.

Obviously it would scale better in raids with cast time buffs from archon and would eliminate the bug where life leech can't crit directly after being refreshed with void bolt as you would be letting life leech tick down to the last few seconds.

This is only a test to attempt to work around the bugs. Any constructive criticism?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Slythorh View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...Vpozs.MeMhzVVx

Normal necrolock without grave rot. Spam plague bolt instead of void bolt. Only use void bolt to refresh life leech.

This would strictly be a raid spec.

Obviously it would scale better in raids with cast time buffs from archon and would eliminate the bug where life leech can't crit directly after being refreshed with void bolt as you would be letting life leech tick down to the last few seconds.

This is only a test to attempt to work around the bugs. Any constructive criticism?
    Void Bolt still does more damage even after the changes. It overcomplicates a simple rotation that isn't necessary for raiding. Even without life leech critting, there are periods where life leech ticks for a while, i.e. soul purging. I personally haven't tried it just because I've seen how hard void bolt crits and how hard plague bolt crits and I'm not convinced that plague bolt is worth it even with the archon casting speed.
    Eldritch Knight Brod - 50 Mage Rank 8 Briarcliff

Quote Originally Posted by Brod View Post
    Void Bolt still does more damage even after the changes. It overcomplicates a simple rotation that isn't necessary for raiding. Even without life leech critting, there are periods where life leech ticks for a while, i.e. soul purging. I personally haven't tried it just because I've seen how hard void bolt crits and how hard plague bolt crits and I'm not convinced that plague bolt is worth it even with the archon casting speed.

Yeah I had thought about that, just didn't know if it would outweigh the life leech crits. But you make a good point.

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

If you have multiple Necro/Locks (don't know the magic number) it is worth it to have someone in this spec because the Deathly Calling can be shared. This spec isn't far behind the Void Bolt spec, the additional pet damage gives everybody a boost.

If you are the only Necro/Lock Void Bolt spam is still better.

+ Reply to Thread