+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pyromancer's Cinderburst proc

Telaran

Default Pyromancer's Cinderburst proc

I'd like to collect a lot of information on this proc. A simple test anyone can do is count out how many times it takes for cinder burst to proc. Each pyro should have enough mana to do around 100 fireballs if you don't cast the cinder burst.

Cast fireball until cinderburst procs, write down how many fireballs it took, let the timer run out.

Make sure to only count a fireball when the cast bar finishes, as that is when cinderburst procs.

------------------------

Now you can do the math yourself or you can just post your data here and I'll go through it. An way to figure out percentage is divide the total number of fireballs by the total number of cinder bursts. Unless you know statistics and can do the math for the variance and can put together a bell chart then by all means go ahead. But ideally that is my plan, to get enough information on it that when normalized we can get an actual proc percentage on cinder burst. For reference here was my first two trials.

14, 13, 5, 4, 3, 8, 38, 5 = 90, procs 8 = average proc 11.25 fireballs
    28, 12, 22, 8, 1, 3, 5, 6, 4, 3 = 92 procs 10 = average proc 9.2 fireballs

With more information I'll have a better chart and then we can put this to rest.

Plane Touched

If you use a parser and cast the cinderburst you should be able to save yourself a ton of time and trouble.

Just count the number of hits with fireball vs hits with cinderburst. You could do the entire sample yourself.
    Most forum users are neckbeards with the uncanny ability to over dramatize anything in a way that would make a crooked politican blush.

So... this is meant to test Pyromancers Armor? Whose tooltip says it has a 10% proc rate?

Which means you're saying you don't think that tooltip is accurate?
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shannae View Post
    So... this is meant to test Pyromancers Armor? Whose tooltip says it has a 10% proc rate?

Which means you're saying you don't think that tooltip is accurate?
    I'm almost positive the tooltip is incorrect, but I've never tested it in a controlled manner. I'm interested in the results here as well.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Does it have an internal CD preventing it from a chain proc?
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Soulwalker

When you say "Let the timer run out", what does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Cashollary View Post
    When you say "Let the timer run out", what does that mean?
    Don't use the proc to start the start the hidden timer so that it won't affect the results. There is a cooldown timer on Cinderburst that isn't explained by Trion. By just letting the timer run out you can get a truer idea of how many times it actually procced.

Rift Chaser

As far as I know, the proc rate is actually 10%, but the ICD makes it seem a lot lower.

Still interested in seeing the results here though, but I don't have access to my gaming PC to do my own parsing just now.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Seraphi View Post
    As far as I know, the proc rate is actually 10%, but the ICD makes it seem a lot lower.
    This seems likely. Heh, if it procced as much as opportunity....
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
    Then we could do dps on par with warriors and rogues, oh no we cant have that :P

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
    Indeed. I don't really see what would be so gamebreaking about it though. Given the current damage of cinder burst in pvp, you would have a 1% chance to ALMOST kill somebody in two GCDs... If they are not healing or defending themselves. Seems like something they put in to fix a problem, which was later fixed in a different way, and the original fix just hangs around as a useless relic.

It would also give us a nice boost to pve dps, to the point where it would be a little better than 35/31 necrolock on stationary, single target fights, which is exactly what it should be in my eyes.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

Well, since nobody else id doing it and I'm bored, let me see if the PTS is empty enough to get a long parse done.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner

500 Fireballs, 48 Cinderbursts. And still going.

Telaran

So what it seems like is the proc rate is right, it's just the internal cd makes it far worse than we thought.

So what would be a 10% proc rate seems lower because after being used I think the next 4-6 seconds are on CD. If we can figure out how long the internal CD is we can adjust the proc rate after the original proc.

1037 fireballs, only 90 cinder bursts. using a method of: spam fireball until proc, jump to break fireball and cast cinder burst.

Reviewing the log with ACT, the minimum time in between cinder burst procs in my sample is 10 seconds. Given time delay of the jumpcast, one could reasonably assume an 8 or 9 second ICD. There are 3 examples of this ten second minimum in my entire parse.

Someone more familiar with autohotkey and the like ought to be able to produce a statistically valid parse with enough of these events to lock down the ICD.

My instinct says, between knowing my own reaction speed and the fact that the buff from the proc is an 8 second duration, that the ICD is 8 seconds long.

EDIT: I can try to do a longer and more consistent parse myself, but I can't do it tonight.
    Last edited by Shannae; 08-19-2011 at 05:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast