+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro Healing Sub 50

Soulwalker

Question Chloro Healing Sub 50

I have been looking for a good guide from Chrolo healing, but they all say spam the spell you get 51 points. If you sub 50 that really doesn't work. Im 46

Right now I am going "Natures Touch > Ruin > Vile Spore" and if its a boss (or not an AoE pull) keeping Radiant Spores up on the main target.

I am hardly able to keep tanks up this way when I am 6 levels above the mobs. I am not sure if there is a big thing I am missing, or if sub 50 healing for a mage is just imposable when in a level appropriate dungeon.

Any old timers give me some tips?

Thanks,
    OmegaNine

All the oldtimers hit 50 before they made major changes to the Chloro soul in 1.3, so our leveling-healing experience was drastically different from yours. There's been a lot of playing around with builds, though, and the conclusion to that has always been "anything less than 51 points can't tank heal worth crap," so I'd guess you're SOL.

Just to be sure, though: You are putting Synthesis on the tank and leaving Lifebound Veil up, right (as in, not casting Synthesis and switching to Lifegiving)?

Sword of Telara

Make sure you put Synthesis on the tank and DON'T overwrite you Lifebound Veil with Lifegiving Veil. If the tank is squishy, you might need to use Bloom on CD on bosses.

I've healed pretty much every dungeon after 1.3 on my new mage without any significant problem so it's still doable. The only time I had issues on a boss fight was when I switched to LGV on a screwed up trash pull then forgot to switch back to LBV for the boss. Used up all my CDs then I realized the problem, switched to LBV and the problem was gone. There's a huge difference between LGV and LBV even at lower levels.

If you have Synthesis on the tank and have LBV active but the tank is still dying then he's probably in DPS gear or simply just a baddie.

lgw

Yep. Leveling a Warrior for sh!t and giggles, and without actual twinking I've pretty much done tanked everything up to FC with just a Bard.
    For build - just push straight for the 51 Chl / 15 Wl / 0 Arch spec - till 30 you want the utility, post 30 LBV really scales well. Also only use NT and VS regularly, and keep Ruin for movement. Direct healing as usual, and try to get a feel for when putting on RS is good (preempt some AOE, do something when no healing is require just now).
    Last edited by lgw; 08-19-2011 at 03:35 AM.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaNine View Post
    I have been looking for a good guide from Chrolo healing, but they all say spam the spell you get 51 points. If you sub 50 that really doesn't work. Im 46

Right now I am going "Natures Touch > Ruin > Vile Spore" and if its a boss (or not an AoE pull) keeping Radiant Spores up on the main target.

I am hardly able to keep tanks up this way when I am 6 levels above the mobs. I am not sure if there is a big thing I am missing, or if sub 50 healing for a mage is just imposable when in a level appropriate dungeon.

Any old timers give me some tips?

Thanks,
    OmegaNine
    I didnt attempt to chloro heal till 40+ but it turned out pretty simple. I had talked a lot to 50 chloros before so had an idea wat todo.

Typically what I did and still do is a macro:

#show radiant spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focustarget radiant spores
    cast @focustarget ruin
    cast @focustarget Nature’s Touch
    cast @focustarget vile spores

You should have all them spells. I always have the tank as my focus target as I can click it to regain a target if I lose it. Tank should always have something targeted so I am always hitting something. Without using focus target the macro forces me to assist the tank by targeting a mob and that usually means I have to hit the macro 2 times to cast the first thing and thats why I started using focustarget in macro.

I dont use warlock at 50 but opportunity will work nice with this macro as u will always use it with either VS or NT. I have bloom on a @mouseoverui macro for spot healing group if needed or just hit Flourish to top up more then 1 person in group.

I also get within 7 meters of mobs and hit corrosion and add Nature's Fury into the rotation also, even on single mobs. If this is the build you are using then essence surge is a great oh crap button when tank is in trouble and also natural splendor. When tank is in trouble i tend to hit Essence surge run in close hit corrosion and then bloom and if needed natural splendor while still hitting the macro in between.

Quote Originally Posted by kaco View Post
    #show radiant spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focustarget radiant spores
    cast @focustarget ruin
    cast @focustarget Nature’s Touch
    cast @focustarget vile spores
    You don't want Radiant Spores in there. The cooldown is only half the duration, so you're casting it twice as much as you need to be, resulting in a wasted GCD half the time.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zarokima View Post
    You don't want Radiant Spores in there. The cooldown is only half the duration, so you're casting it twice as much as you need to be, resulting in a wasted GCD half the time.
    Yes I realise that but tbh since 50 I find I am using the macro only when I need to lol its more to tidy up too many full actionbars. Also I am not having problems by losing a GCD so I will keep it like this till a GCD causes a wipe.

Rift Disciple

Here is the build I use and I am still leveling this mage.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...qA0zRR.xh.izfz

Its a little different but I go into the necro tree to 14 for Life Shift. Its one more spell that I have in my back pocket for running group heals. If i have a decent warrior, I never use Synthesis just LGV and spam my Macro. Certain Warriors, Rogues and Clerics, sometimes I use LGV through the trash and then switch to LBV with Synthesis on the bosses. The CD on both allow for you to switch back and forth. I also always have Cast on Targets Target on so all I have to do is target the tank.

I will have a normal Main Tank build once i hit 50 but this is the build I use currently. Since you are 46, if you give this a try, put everything in Necro and Warlock then leave points out of Raised in Nature, Photogensis, and maybe Circle of Life, you will only be 6 points shy so you can spread it around.

Hope this helps give you an idea.
    Last edited by Phenglai; 08-19-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Soulwalker

Wow thanks for the plethora of information. I will try the macro and see if it help (less the Vile Spores).

I am keeping LBV up (via Synthesis) and AoE heals seem to be OK for most fights, as long as I throw a Flourish and Wild Growth as needed. Its just the tank that seems to go down faster than I can cast.

The macro looks strand to me though (I'm an ex-wow player), do the macros run from bottom to top or Nature's Touch really bottom priority?

+ Reply to Thread